2016-2017 学年度郯城一中第一学期期末模考 高一英语试卷
说明： 1. 考试时间 120 分钟，满分 150 分。 2．将卷Ⅰ答案用 2B 铅笔涂在答题卡上，卷Ⅱ用黑色 0.5mm 签字笔答在答题纸上。
第 I 卷 （满分 100 分）
注意事项： 1．答第 I 卷前考生务必将自己的姓名、准考证号填写在答题卡上。 2．选出每小题答
案前，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。如需改动,用 橡皮擦干净后, 再选涂其他答案标号框, 不能答在本试卷上, 否则无效。 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答 案转涂到答题卡上。 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What day is it today? A. Monday. B. Saturday. C. Sunday. 2. When was the compass invented in China? A. In the 10th century. B. In the 11th century. C. In the 12th century. 3. What did Betty Williams do in 1976? A. She got married to Mr. Ralph Williams. B. She received the Nobel Peace Prize. C. She left for Florida. 4. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. The importance of studying geography. B. The way of studying geography. C. The diversity in the life forms. 5. Where was the man born? A. In Canada. B. In Australia. C. In New Zealand. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒 钟；听完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. How old is the daughter? A. Two years old. B. Three years old. C. Four years old. 7. What?s the matter with her? A. She is ill. B. She has a fever. C. She drank some ink. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。 8. What were most people in the US like when Roosevelt became President? A. They were being attacked by the Japanese. B. They were preparing for global war. C. They were in low spirits.
9. How many great contributions did Roosevelt give according to the man? A. Three. B. Two. C. One. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What has happened to the man? A. He?s getting lost. B. He?s missed his bus. C. He?s lost the map of the city. 11. What does the man want to do? A. Do some research on the bus route of the city. B. Watch some matches in the Olympic park. C. See Chinese antiques (古董) and paintings. 12. How does the woman help the man? A. By leading him to the bus stop. B. By telling him the way. C. By sense of direction. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Which state is the nearest to Alaska? A. Texas. B. Hawaii. C. Washington. 14. Who owns most of Alaska?s land? A. Individual people. B. Several businesses. C. The US government. 15. Which state has the longest coastline of all the US states? A. Alaska. B. California. C. New York. 16. Why do people use planes or boats to travel around Alaska? A. There are many dangerous wild animals. B. There are not enough roads. C. The weather differs a lot. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. How does the speaker suggest people getting to the museum from Cherford? A. By subway. B. By bus. C. By train. 18. How long does the museum keep open a day in winter? A. For 6 hours. B. For 7 hours. C. For 9 hours. 19. What does the museum offer to the visitors this year? A. A family ticket. B. A special air tour. C. An advanced booking. 20. What do we know about the museum? A. It?s near a village. B. It is closed on Sundays. C. It?s the biggest air museum in Europe. 第二部分：阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项 （A 、B 、C A A teenage girl from Zimbabwe is caring for a homeless baby squirrel (松鼠) in her hair. Abby Putterill, l6, whose parents run an animal sanctuary (保护区) 40km from the capital Harare, says that Hammy, a squirrel, climbed into her tied-up hair one day and decided to stay. The schoolgirl and her friend have been together for two months. Hammy was just about ten days old when he was found on the cold office floor of the Bally Vaughan Wildlife Sanctuary. Abby?s mother, Debbie Putterill, who co-owns the park with her husband, Gordon, took the baby back to her home. To the family?s surprise, Hammy liked her 和 D ）中，选出最佳选项。
daughter very much because he climbed onto her head and got into her hair. Abby wears her hair in a ponytail (马尾) which she usually has tied up at the back, making a wonderful home for Hammy. Except for sleeping and showering, the squirrel and the schoolgirl cannot be separated. Mrs. Putterill said: “He?s doing really well and is growing up so quickly. When we first found him he was lying on the floor of the office. He must have fallen out of the thatched roof (茅草屋 顶). If we hadn?t taken him in, he would have died because he was only around ten days old. The baby squirrel was nursed back to health on a good diet, getting back his strength and quickly becoming a member of the family. Mrs. Putterill added: “When he was tiny he refused to sleep anywhere else but on the palm of my hand, but as he got older he started treating us like trees, hiding in our clothes. But one day he was playing with Abby and he managed to climb into her hair. He seemed to make himself at home and still does it now. We?ve never had a squirrel do this before and it?s really quite funny to see but he?s happy enough to lie there and watch the world go by.” Bally Vaughan Wildlife Sanctuary was founded in the early l980s by Debbie?s mother and father, fulfilling their dream of caring for sick and injured African wildlife. 2l. What is special about Abby Putterill? A. She has a squirrel living in her hair. B. She likes squirrels very much. C. Her pet is a homeless squirrel. D. Her hair is always a bit dirty. 22. What is Hammy?s relationship with the Putterills like? A. As he gets older, he wants to leave the Putterills. B. He wants to go everywhere with Abby Putterill, even when she has a shower. C. He is very comfortable with them, especially Mr. Putterill and Mrs. Putterill. D. He has become their close friend, but he is closest to Abby Putterill. 23. At first, Hammy made a home for himself ________. A. under the Putterills? clothes B. on the palm of Mrs. Putterill?s hand C. on the floor of the Putterills? house D. on the roof of Mr. and Mrs. Putterill?s office 24. Where does this passage probably come from? A. A news report. C. A science fiction novel. B There is an old saying in China that goes, “The days of the Sanjiu period are the coldest days.” “Sanjiu period” , which is in Minor Cold(小寒), refers to the third nine-day period (the l9th to the 27th day) after the day of the Winter Solstice(冬至). There are many different customs B. A travel magazine. D. An advertisement.
related to Minor Cold in China. Eating hotpot During Minor Cold people should eat some hot food to benefit the body and defend against the cold weather. Winter is the best time to have hotpot and braised mutton with soy sauce. But it is important to notice that too much spicy food may cause health problems. Eating huangyacai In Tianjin, there is a custom to have huangyacai, a kind of Chinese cabbage, during Minor Cold. There are large amounts of vitamins A and B in huangyacai. As huangyacai is fresh and tender, it is fit for frying, roasting and braising. Eating glutinous rice (糯米饭) According to tradition, the Cantonese eat glutinous rice in the morning during Minor Cold. Cantonese people add some fried preserved (腌制的) pork, sausage and peanuts and mix them into the rice. Eating vegetable rice In ancient times, people in Nanjing took Minor Cold quite seriously, but as time went by, the celebration of Minor Cold gradually disappeared. However, the custom of eating vegetable rice is still followed today. The rice is steamed and is unspeakably delicious. Among the ingredients (原 料), aijiaohuang (a kind of green vegetable), sausage and salted duck are the specialties in Nanjing. 25. What do we know about Minor Cold? A. It refers to the Winter Solstice. C. It lasts twenty-seven days. 26. What is a special custom in Tianjin in Minor Cold？ A. Eating hotpot. C. Having vitamin A and B pills. 27. How do the Cantonese eat glutinous rice? A. They fry and toast it. C. They mix it with many other things. A. travel B. culture C. fashion C Over the years, Dawn followed many different weight loss plans. Each plan worked for a while, but eventually her weight would go back up again. So when Dawn?s employer decided to offer a one-year-long healthy weight program that focused on making lasting changes instead of a short-term diet, Dawn was eager to try it. She lost 35 pounds in a year on the healthy weight program. However, more importantly, she learned many new eating habits that she liked and could continue with. An important part of Dawn?s program was setting realistic goals that she could turn into longterm habits. She recognized small changes she could make, such as eating an apple instead of a B. They eat it for dinner. D. They steam it with soy sauce. D. science B. Having huangyacai. D. Buying cabbage. B. The Sanjiu period is in this period. D. It marks the first day of winter.
28. This text may be taken from the ________ column (栏目) of a newspaper.
piece of bread for a morning snack. Changing how she thought about food also helped Dawn go from diet to healthy eating. Dawn doesn?t refuse desserts and other types of food that might be considered bad for people on a diet. Instead, she has learned to take smaller amounts. Dawn also learned to pay attention to her hunger and fullness signals. Instead of eating until she feels full, she eats just enough to feel satisfied. Having someone she could turn to for support helped Dawn a lot. As part of her healthy weight program, Dawn was assigned (指派) a health coach. This person helped Dawn eliminate things that might prevent her from staying with her healthy eating habits. And when she felt it was difficult for her to keep on her healthy eating habits, she would turn to her health coach for help. Dawn now realizes that it is her behaviour, such as eating well and being physically active, that really makes her healthy, not her weight. 29. What is the difference between the new weight loss plan and the plans that Dawn tried before? A. The new plan costs more money. B. The new plan lasts for a longer period of time. C. The new plan is more focused on a short-term diet. D. The new plan is more focused on developing new eating habits. 30. Which of the following activities is NOT part of Dawn?s new weight program? A. Eating food cooked by her coach. B. Turning to a health coach for help. C. Changing her thoughts on food. D. Setting goals that can be achieved easily. 31. The underlined word, “eliminate”, in the fourth paragraph means ________. A. collect B. record C. expect D. remove 32. What is the most important thing that Dawn?s story tells us? A. Dawn?s new weight program is very useful. B. Good eating habits are the key to losing weight. C. Other people?s support can help one lose weight. D. Fat people should join Dawn?s new program. D People tend to become more personal and hide less of themselves when using e-mail. Researchers from Open University in Britain have found in a recent study that there are good reasons for this. The team of researchers asked 83 pairs of students, all strangers to each other, to solve a problem. They had to discuss this question: If only five people in the world could be saved from a world disaster, who should they be? The pairs of students had to talk over the problem either face to face or by computers. Dr. Johnson said, “They told their partners four times as much about themselves when they talked over the Internet as when they talked face to face. When the
computers were fitted with (安装) cameras so that students could see each other, this limited the personal side of the conversation.” Generally the information was not extremely personal. It was mainly about things such as where they went to school, or where they used to live. But some students discussed their love stories, and personal childhood experiences. Dr. Johnson believes that e-mailing encourages people to focus on (专注于) themselves. And when they do this, they become more open, especially if there are no cameras. “If you cannot see the other person, it becomes easier to talk about yourself. This is because you are not thinking what the other person is thinking of you. So e-mailing has become the modern way of talking,” said Dr. Johnson. However, this style of talking is not entirely new. “In the 19th century people started to use the ?telegraph? to communicate. Now the same kind of thing has happened and people ended up speaking more freely.” Dr. Johnson thinks that e-mailers need to know about these effects of e-mailing, especially when they start work in a company. “If you don?t know about it, you could find yourself saying more about yourself than you wanted to.” 33. The subject discussed in this passage is ________. A. how people open up when emailing C. how to communicate at work A. they didn?t talk about very personal things B. they couldn?t see each other C. the cameras on the computers were turned on D. they had to discuss a question 35. In the writer?s opinion, one should ________. A. focus on oneself when e-mailing C. discuss any subject that one wants to B. talk more freely in e-mails than usual D. consider how one uses e-mail at work B. how people do research studies D. how to discuss and solve a problem
34. The reason that some couples talked freely about themselves is that ________.
第二节:（共５小题：每小题２分, 满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余 选项。 （注意：如果所用的答题卡没有提供 E、F、G 选项，请按以下方法填涂：选 E 请涂 A、B，选 F 请涂 A、C，选 G 请涂 A、D。 ） When your children become teenagers, it?s time to start considering an after-school job. 36 , so why shouldn?t our children? When your child has a job, he/she is responsible for getting to work on time and doing his/her job correctly. An after-school job is a good way to teach your teenager about responsibility. By allowing your teenagers to have an after-school job you allow them to learn about money management. 37 , they will have to manage how much money they can spend. They will realize that they can?t spend every dollar they make if they want to reach their goal. You are probably saying, “Teens will get into trouble whether they have a job or not.”
38 . Depending on the distance from work to home, you could allow your children some extra time to get home after work. This will ensure that they don?t feel rushed but can still get home on time. It?s a good idea to show your teenagers that hard work is what it takes to finish everything in their lives. 39 . What will they expect when they are out on their own if they have never had to
work hard for what they want? 40 . All teenagers, no matter what their parents? financial situation is, should have a job. They will need the experience before they do get out in the real world. A. If they are saving up for their first car B. When they refuse to have an after-school job C. It is a good idea for all teenagers to have an after-school job D. The majority of adults in the U.S. had a job during their teenage years E. They can?t learn the meaning of hard work if everything is handed to them F. Having an after-school job will help your teenagers know their direction G. But it is less likely that your children will get into trouble if they are working five evenings a week. 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白 处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Dear Son, I have been thinking very hard about how your little world is about to change. For two and a half years, our 41 have been on you every morning and night, 42 your wet hair after you have a bath, 43 away every one of your tears when you get 44 and cry, and hugging you on the couch. After tomorrow, you?ll be going from being our little boy to our big boy and a big 45 will be for you. Your father was 10 when his first sister came along, but 48 will be like for you. I remember how much I 49 sharing the love, and I shouted when my brother 50 my birthday party. I 51 him over and he needed stitches (缝线) to fix the cut above his eyebrow. I was very 52 for being so rude to him and I was nicer to him from then on. Your father was much 53 and was more patient than I was back then. I know that this will 54 you — for the better, I hope. You have 55 told me that you are not a baby any more, 56 I can see that you are taking big steps forward into independence. I 58 of yourself when you were small. They are very sweet hope that 57 your little sister comes, you will enjoy our new family. You love to look at the memories for us. We had a 59 start when you were born, and so your sister ?s birth has been .I still 46 becoming a big sister myself: I was almost eight, so it was very 47 from the way it of us knows what it
organized 60 . You rock my world, little man, and I will be holding your hand in mine to take the big jump forward to this new step. With all my love, Your mummy
41. A. eyes 42. A. pulling 43. A. tasting 44. A. broken 45. A. sister 46. A. remember 47. A. same 48. A. both 49. A. loved 50. A. ruined 51. A. took 52. A. proud 53. A. kinder 54. A. encourage 55. A. seldom 56. A. but 57. A. unless 58. A. photos 59. A. careful 60. A. in trouble
B. hands B. drying B. throwing B. damaged B. brother B. forget B. strange B. all B. hated B. organized B. handed B. regretful B. lower B. save B. never B. and B. until B. smiles B. fine B. in charge
C. legs C. playing C. wiping C. hurt C. father C. stop C. familiar C. any C. enjoyed C. celebrated C. pushed C. grateful C. younger C. change C. rather C. however C. but C. clothes C. difficult C. in turn
D. shoulders D. tidying D. kicking D. destroyed D. mother D. allow D. different D. neither D. liked D. hosted D. passed D. disappointed D. quicker D. impress D. already D. yet D. when D. shoes D. possible D. in advance
卷Ⅱ(非选择题 共 50 分) 考生注意：本卷各题均在答题纸上指定位置作答，写在本试卷上无效
第一节 词汇运用。 （共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分。用框内所给短语的正确形式填 空。 ） A. less than F. in cash B. as well G. make use of C. stand for H. break up D. dream of I. set down E. play jokes on J. make up her mind
61. Once she has _____, nothing can change it. 62. In _____ two days, 100,000 pieces were put inside twenty-seven wooden boxes. 63. For each Olympics, a special village is built for them to live in, a main reception building, several stadiums for competitions, and a gymnasium _____. 64. Have you ever _____ playing in front of thousands of people at a concert?
65. What do the five rings on the Olympic flag _____? 66. Later, they may give performances in pubs or clubs, for which they are paid ____. 67. The band _____ in 1970, but happily they reunited in the mid-1980s. 68. I don?t want to _____ a series of facts in a diary as most people do. 69. By the 1600?s Shakespeare was able to ____ a wider vocabulary than ever before. 70. The musicians were to _____ each other as well as play music. 第二节 单句改错。 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 每句话中的错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 71. The dog served a guard in our garden. 72. It is no doubt that we did the right thing. 73. Susan lost my favorite book, what really upset me. 74. The remained food is not enough for the whole family. 75. The math teacher thinks high of Tom, who can solve almost all math problems. 76. John competed a place at their school but didn?t get in. 77. It is likely that he will be admitted for Beijing University. 78. The restaurant charged us $40 the wine. 79. I lived in that you call “Ancient Greece” and I used to write about the Olympic Games a long time ago. 80. The sports meeting is held every year on a regularly basis. 第三节 书面表达。 （满分 25 分） 某英文网站有一“Family”栏目。请写一篇短文投稿，简要介绍你的爷爷。 要点如下： 1．疼爱你，但要求严格； 2．慷慨大方、乐于助人； 3．善良、随和、幽默 …… 注意：1.词数：100 词左右； 2．可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 My Grandfather