Do you want to watch a game show?
Section B （2a - 2e）
2a Discuss the following questions with a partner.
1.Do you like to watch cartoons? 2.What is you
r favorite cartoon? 3.Why do you like it?
Let’s enjoy a cartoon
Mickey Mouse 米奇老鼠（又 称米老鼠或米奇）于1928年创 作出的动画形象，迪士尼公司 的代表人物。1928年11月18日， 随着米老鼠的首部电影短片 《汽船威利号》在殖民大戏院 （Colony Theater）上映，米 奇老鼠的生日便定为了那天。 他的感召力和友善使他成为妙 妙屋的中心人物，而他的亲切 和丰富情感使他成为史上最受 欢迎的卡通形象。
Minnie ----- Mickey’s girlfriend
"For life to be a fairy tale, perhaps all you need is to believe."
让他成为全球著名的人，包括他创 造了《白雪公主》、《木偶奇遇记 》等很多知名的电影，还有米老鼠 等动画角色，也是他，让迪士尼乐 园成为可能，开创了主题乐园这种 形式，而且他在电视节目《迪士尼 奇妙世界》（原来还叫Disneyland ）的主持也让无数美国人民无法忘 怀。他获得了56个奥斯卡奖提名和7 个艾美奖。华特·迪士尼是世界上 获得奥斯卡奖最多的人。
迪士尼乐园（英语：Disneyland，正式全名为 Disneyland Park），是一个位于美国加利福尼亚 州安纳罕市（Anaheim）的主题乐园。由华特· 迪 士尼（Walt Disney）一手创办的迪士尼乐园是由 华特迪士尼公司（The Walt Disney Company）所 创立与营运的一系列主题乐园与度假区中的第一 个，离洛杉矶市中心大约有20分钟的车程（高速 公路）。到今天，除了加州洛杉矶迪斯尼乐园外 ，还建造了奥兰多迪士尼乐园、巴黎迪士尼乐园 等主题公园。
洛杉矶迪士尼乐园；洛杉矶迪士尼加州冒险乐园 奥兰多迪士尼-神奇王国 奥兰多迪士尼-艾波卡特中心 奥兰多迪士尼－迪士尼影城 奥兰多迪士尼-动物王国 东京迪士尼乐园；东京迪士尼海洋； 巴黎迪士尼乐园；巴黎迪士尼影城； 香港迪士尼乐园
东京 巴黎 香港
1983 1992 2005
香港迪士尼度 假区 上海迪士尼乐 园
好莱坞位于美国西海岸加利福尼亚 州洛杉矶郊外，是一个依山傍水，景色 宜人的地方。最早是由摄影师寻找外景 地时发现的，大约在20世纪初，这里便 吸引了许多拍摄者，而后是一些为了逃 避专利公司控制的小公司和独立制片商 们纷纷涌来，逐渐形成了一个电影中心 。洛杉矶郊外的小村庄最终成为一个庞 大的电影城，好莱坞也在无形中成为美 国电影的代名词。
the Hollywood Walk of Fame
好莱坞星光大道（Hollywood Walk of Fame）是条沿着美国好莱坞好 莱坞大道与藤街伸展的人行道，上面有2000多颗镶有好莱坞商会追敬 名人姓名的星形奖章，以纪念他们对娱乐工业的贡献。
2b Read the passage and complete the time line on the next page.
Steamboat Willie came out in New York Walt Disney made 87 cartoons with Mickey. Mickey became the first cartoon character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame November 18, 1928
November 18, 1978
2c Read the passage again and fill in the facts about Mickey.
Mickey Mouse What does he look A black mouse with two large round ears like? Who created him? Walt Disney
What was his first cartoon? Who is his girlfriend? Why is he popular?
Steamboat Willie Minnie Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win. People wanted to be like him.
2d Read the passage again and discuss the
questions with a partner.
1. What is Mickey Mouse a symbol of? What
cartoon character is a symbol of Chinese
American culture. Monkey King
2. Do you think Walt Disney is a smart man?
Why or why not? Do you want to be like him? Yes , I think so . Because his cartoon is famous all over the world. Yes ,I do.
3. Why did people want to be like Mickey?
Do you want to be like Mickey? Why or
why not? Because it is like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger.
Yes , I do. Because I want to try my best to live.
4. Can you think of another cartoon character that is as famous as Mickey? Why is the character popular?
Monkey King. Because he can face any
danger in his life and win at last.
2e Underline the following phrases in the
passage. Write your own sentences or
questions using the phrases. think of come out one of the main reasons such as was ready to try his best
When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon. We all know and love the black mouse with two large round ears —Mickey Mouse. Over 80 years ago, he first appeared in the cartoon Steamboat Willie . When this cartoon came out in New York on November 18, 1928, it was the first cartoon with sound and music. The man behind Mickey was Walt Disney. He became very rich and successful. In the 1930s, he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
Some people might ask how this cartoon animal became so popular. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. In his early films, Mickey was unlucky and had many problems such as losing his house or girlfriend, Minnie. However, he was always ready to try his best. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win. Most of them wanted to be like Mickey.
On November 18, 1978, Mickey
became the first cartoon
character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse, but everyone still knows and loves him. Who has a pair of ears more famous than Mickey’s?
1. When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. 当人们提起文化时，我们就 会想到艺术和历史。
think of 有 “考虑；想起；有…想法；对… 有意见” 等意思。在该句中应理解为“ 想 起， 想到”。例如： Does the poem make you think of spring? 这首诗有没有让你想到春天？ How many stars can you think of? 你能想到多少明星？
2. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon. 但是美国文化一个非常著名的象征是卡通片。 famous. adj, 意为“著名的” 常见的短语搭配有以下几种： （1）be famous for ... 因为...而著名 （2）be famous as ... 作为...而著名 （3）be famous to ... 为... 所熟知 China is famous for its culture. Lu Xun is famous as a writer. Justin Bibber is famous to a lot of young people.
3. When this cartoon came out in New York on November 18, 1928, it was the first cartoon with sound and music. 当这部动画片于1928 年11月18 问世于纽约时， 它成为第一部带有音乐的动画片。 “ come out” 意为“ 发行，出版” 引申为 “ 问世”。此外还有：出来，（花）开出 来之意。 e.g. The book comes out this week. 该书本周上市。 Oh, look! The sun's coming out! 噢，看！太阳出来啦！
4. One of the main reasons is that Mickey was like a common man, but he always tried to face any danger. 一个主要原因是米奇看似一个普通人，但 他总是尝试应对任何危险。 one of …后跟可数名词复数，表示…之一。 其后的谓语动词用单数。 e.g. One of my favorite movies is Mr. Bean. 我最喜欢的电影之一是憨豆先生。 One of my best friends is Ann. 安是我最好的朋友之一。
5. However, he was always ready to try his best. 然而， 他总是做好尽全力的准备。 be /get ready to do sth 准备做某事 e.g. Are you ready to start? 你准备好了吗？ Please get ready to start. 请作好开始的准备。
2) try one’s best 尽某人最大的努力 其后跟动词不定式形式，即： try one’s best to do sth. e.g. Don't give up. Just try your best. 不要放弃。只管尽你最大的努力。 Come on！Just try your best to let your dream come true. 加油！尽最大的努力去实现你的梦想吧。
6. People went to the cinema to see the “little man” win.
人们去电影院是为了看这个“ 小人儿” 赢。
go to the cinema 也可译为“ 看电影”类似
go to the movies
go to a movie
go to see a movie.
7. Today’s cartoons are usually not so simple as little Mickey Mouse.
此句中not so… as 结构表示“ 不像……那
It wasn’t so good as last time.
It is not so easy as you’d think.
Homework: 1.完成同步精炼第四 课时 2.熟读2b课文并记忆 重点句型及知识点 3.识记本科时单词