江苏省淮州中学 2016 级高一年级第一次月检测
英语试卷 试题分值: 120 分 2016.10 考试时间: 120 分钟
第 I 卷 选择题（共 85 分）
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分）
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选
项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What will the woman do tonight? A. Visit Susan Boyle. B. Listen to a speech. C. Watch a show. C. $ 50. C. Her home. 2. How much did the woman pay for the cap? A. $ 10. B. $ 40. 3. Where is the woman going first? A. The market. B. Her brother’s office. 4. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The woman received John’s letter at 6:00. B. The man will meet John at the airport. C. John is expected to be here by plane. 5. What did the woman do this morning? A. She played football. B. She cooked in the kitchen. C. She worked on her school paper. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从每题所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各 个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两 遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。 6. What does the man suggest doing? A. Swimming. B. Sailing. 7. What do we know about the woman? A. She feels excited about the sport. B. She is scared of being bitten by sharks. C. She likes seeing detective movies. 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 至第 10 三个小题。
高一英语 第 1 页 共 1 页
8. Why does the woman look worried? A. Her son has lost his way. B. Her son hasn’t come back yet. C. Her son always goes out at night. 9. Where has the woman’s son gone? A. To meet his girlfriend. 10. What time is it now? A. 8:00 pm. B. 9:00 pm. C. 10:00 pm. 听下面一段对话，回答第 11 至第 13 三个小题。 11. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. Their favorite show. lesson. 12. What does the woman think of her teacher? A. Humorous. A. In the morning. B. Dull. B. At lunchtime. C. Active. C. In the afternoon. 13. When does the conversation take place? 听下面一段对话，回答第 14 至第 16 三个小题。 14. Why does the man look so tired? A. He has got a cold. B. He didn’t sleep well last night. C. He is worried about the coming exam. 15. When did the young man move in to live upstairs? A. Last night. A. Classmates. B. Three days ago. B. Teacher and student. C. Seven days ago. C. Parent and kid. 16. What is the probable relationship between the speakers? 听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 四个小题。 17. Who is the speaker? A. A visitor to the park. B. A clerk of the National Park Service. C. A guide from the touring party. 18. When did the National Park Service begin? A. In the early 1800’s. B. In the late 1800’s. 19. What does the speaker say about Yellowstone National Park? A. It is the first national park. B. It is not managed by the National Park Service. C. The government hasn’t declared its position in the world. 20. Which is not the duty of the Park Service? A. To protect plants. B. To offer campfire talks.
高一英语 第 2 页 共 2 页
B. To attend a party.
C. To visit a friend.
B. Their teacher.
C. In 1916.
C. To train animals.
第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节, 满分 35 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 21. Working there is ________unforgettable experience because I gained a lot of _______. A. a; experience A. who B. an; experience B. whom C. /; experiences C. what D. /; experience D. which 22. He often helps the students ______ he thinks are not quick at their studies. 23. ---Sorry, I ________ her. ---But what you said ________her. A. don’t mean to hurt; meant to hurt B. didn’t mean to hurt; meant hurting C. don’t mean hurting; meant to hurt phone number. —Oh? I was in the library. A. wanted B. are wanted C. were wanted D. have wanted 25. ____________ his returning, he will clean the room and wash clothes. A. As soon as B. Upon C. For the moment D. The moment 26. The boss ________ department Ms King worked ten years ago looked down upon women. A. in which A. bad easily B. in that B. badly easy C. in whose C. bad easy D. whose D. badly easily 27. Canned food does not go ____. 28. These photographs will show you _____. A. what does our village look like C. how does our village look like A. fix B. to fix B. what our village looks like D. how our village looks like C. fixing D. fixed D. didn’t mean to hurt; meant to hurt 24. —Hey, Molly. You ________ on the phone just now. But you weren't here and the man left a
29. Whom do you want to have ______ the parts of a car together? 30. When the teacher told the boy’s father what he did at school, the father was ______ angry. A. other than B. more than C. less than D. rather than 31. He was walking along the sands _______ he saw a big foot-print in the sand . A. while B. when C. as D. after 32. She looked at me with a _______look on her face. It was clear that she seemed _______ with my answer. A. satisfied; satisfied C. satisfying; satisfactory B. satisfying; satisfied D. satisfied; satisfying
33. We ____________ work in a different city and have been in this new one for over two months. Now we ____________ the new life here. A. are used to; are using to
B. are used to; used to
第 3 页 共 3 页
C. used to; are used to A. whomever A. in exchange for C. in preparation for B. anyone
D. used to; used to C. whoever D. those who
34. I will give this dictionary to __________ wants to have it. 35. Peter will give me five sweets __________ an apple, but in fact I don’t have a sweet tooth. B. in charge of D. in search of
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分）
阅读下面短文，撑握其大意，然后从 36—55 各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D） 中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Many years ago, I saw a homeless woman, who was wearing only thin clothes, coming in when I was working at a college. She started coughing as she sat down on a sofa in the student public room. 36 , she wasn’t well. Without Student Affairs Office where I knew I could find gathered her up all clothes and made my way 39 37 38 too much about it, I went to the in the “Lost and Found” box. I 41 help. I ignored(忽视)
. A co-worker told me I should not
help this person 40 it would only lead to her wanting her and carried on, in spite of the warnings. Two weeks later a lovely elderly man came to my 42
and asked to speak with me
in private. Curious(好奇的), I gave him my full 43 . He went on to tell me that he had overheard the 44 with the co-worker about helping the 45 woman. He wanted me to know that it was always okay to help people, and that was me a check for $1000! I burst into tears, because I really 47 46 he wanted to give the money at the time, but
also because I had 48 been recognized in such a way for helping someone! We became good 49 and, twenty years later, he called me up 50 and told me he wanted to help me home town. I asked him why he wanted to give me such a large because I was a “giver” and that I deserved it. I was able to for me, all because one day I 55 36. A. Luckily B. Clearly 37. A. worrying 38. A. trousers 39. A. back 40. A. so 41. A. less 42. A. home 43. A. patience 44. A. argument 45. A. worried B. joking B. clothes B. out B. unless B. more B. bank B. attention B. conversation B. foolish
my first home! He gave me $ 120,000 to buy my 53 54
house in my
. And he said it was the perfect little home
a homeless woman without hesitation(犹豫). C. Truly D. Really C. caring C. socks C. in C. because C. much C. classroom C. preparation C. agreement C. sad
第 4 页 共 4 页
D. thinking D. coats D. Off D. though D. little D. office D. satisfaction D. warning D. painful
46. A. how 47. A. needed 48. A. seldom 49. A. students 50. A. hopelessly 51. A. select 52. A. favorite 53. A. present 54. A. live 55. A. helped
B. whether B. deserved B. hardly B. experts B. unexpectedly B. buy B. splendid B. effort B. stay B. found
C. when C. liked C. never C. friends C. carelessly C. run C. dream C. home C. own C. met
D. why D. gained D. always D. graduates D. unwillingly D. build D. large D. friendship D. go D. respected
第三部分：阅读理解（共 15 小题，每题 2 分，满分 30 分）
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在 答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A I am an English teacher, with over 15 years’ experience of teaching in London. I started the DailyStep audio email lesson service because I noticed that when I started their English course, my students’ speaking and listening skills were much weaker than their reading and writing skills. In my view, this is because education in school does not focus enough on communication skills. DailyStep is designed to remedy this situation by offering more practice in speaking, listening and vocabulary. I am crazy about the English language and it is a real pleasure for me to see the development of my students’ language skills. I majored in ( 以 …为专业 ) law at university and then worked for three years as a researcher and journalist for Sky television and BBC magazines. I decided to change to English teaching because of my love of the English language and my wish to move into more satisfying work. Then I qualified as an English teacher in 1992. My first teaching job was at a language school in Covent Garden, London, where I taught examination classes and Business English. After two years, I moved to the Nippon Club where I taught General English and Business English courses for 9 years. I also developed a unique course called British Society & Culture, covering all areas of British life, such as politics, law, education & music. At the same time, taught Business, Financial & Law English in the financial centre of London. My students included staff from banks and law firms. As well as running the DailyStep website, I also provide in-company English speech training for companies in London. If you have an important speech coming up and would like
高一英语 第 5 页 共 5 页
some information about how I can help you, please email me at email@example.com. 56. DailyStep audio email lesson service __________. A. is an in-company service C. is designed for working people a. The author qualified as an English teacher. b. The author taught at a language school in Covent Garden. c. The author worked as a journalist for Sky television. d. The author taught in the Noppon Club. A. cabd A. report B. cadb B. judge C. cbad C. improve D. cdab D. practise 58. What does the underlined word “remedy” in Paragraph mean? 59. We can learn from the passage that __________. A. the author enjoys teaching English B. all of the author’s students are adults C. the author majored in English at university D. the author knows little about how to make a speech B Walking is the exercise of choice for most dieters. You don't need a gym membership to do this effective exercise. Here's how to prepare: The only equipment you really need is a decent pair of walking shoes. What matters most is comfort. When you're shopping for shoes: ●Wear the socks you plan to exercise in. That way you'll get the best fit. ●Try on both shoes. Most people's feet aren't exactly the same size. Choose a pair that fits your larger foot. ●Allow a little extra room. Feet swell when you walk, so buy a pair with about a thumb's width between your longest toe and the toe of the shoe. Sure, walking comes naturally. But the following tips will help you stay comfortable and get the most out of your walk: ●Look ahead. Keep your neck straight and your head held high. If you have to look down to see where you're going, lower your eyes, not your head. ●Move both arms. Let your arms swing naturally at your sides, and you'll burn up to 15 percent more calories by keeping your arms moving.
高一英语 第 6 页 共 6 页
B. teaches English communication skills D. provides English training for free
57. What’s the CORRECT time order of the following events?
●Don't carry unnecessary weight. Some people try to get in extra exercise by carrying a couple of light dumbbells(哑铃), but fitness-walking experts say that's risky: The weights can pull you off balance and tighten muscles in your back or legs. Walking is one of the safest activities. Still, the following tips may be helpful: ●If you're walking at night, wear a piece of reflective clothing. ●If the path is dimly lit, bring a good flashlight. ●When the weather's hot, be sure to drink some water before you set out and better take a bottle of water with you if you plan to walk quite a long time. ●If your path is rough, protect your ankles. Consider wearing a comfortable bandage for support. 60. According to the text, which of the following is correct? A. Wearing a piece of reflective clothing can make you look smart. B. Moving both arms while walking can help you lose more weight. C. You should buy shoes with a little extra space for your smaller foot. D. Losing weight by walking is always easy and effective without any danger. 61. What are possibly necessary if you walk through our town and then up a hill along a winding path on a hot evening? a. good walking shoes d. a flashlight A. a, b, c, d, e, f b. reflective clothing e. a bandage B. a, c, d, e, f C. a, b, d, e, f c. light dumb-bells f. a bottle of water D. a, d, e, f
62. What can be inferred about the author of the text? A. He/She once got his/her legs injured while walking carrying light dumb-bells. B. He/She might live in a small town with dimly lit streets. C. He/She needs just a decent pair of walking shoes while walking. D. He/She is quite experienced in the exercise of walking. C Living abroad to study can certainly be an interesting experience but is that alone a good enough reason for spending years far away from home? To make the experience truly worthwhile, there has to be a goal behind the decision to study abroad. This may be a wish to perfect language skills in a foreign language environment, or a clever move in your career development. You must also consider the costs, not just of living and studying abroad, but of applying. Most universities now charge application fees for international students. If after considering these points you are sure that you want to apply to study abroad, your
高一英语 第 7 页 共 7 页
next step is to choose the right programme of studies. Research your choices and select carefully. You must do your homework well. Most universities have information online but you can also email and ask them to send you more details. You can find a lot of information on school ranking from education websites. But read carefully. Different universities emphasize different strengths. Don’t just think about the university’s reputation (名声); look for the most suitable for your goals. Next, you must deal with a large pile of paperwork. This involves filling in application form, preparing your school records, and getting reference letters. Reading the instructions and requirements of the universities carefully is of great importance. Sadly, many fine applicants get kicked out in the first round, simply because they don’t follow the application procedure properly. Money is another important consideration. Some scholarships are provided by governments, others by schools and colleges. This information, again, can be found on the Internet. If you find a scholarship that is suitable for you, follow the application procedure carefully; the earlier you apply, the better your chance of getting it. 63. According to the article, studying abroad is truly worthwhile because ______. A. it is an interesting experience C. it is a chance to develop your career 64. A school ranking list tells you ______. A. how much the courses cost C. how good the school is compared to others 65. What are the three basic steps when you apply? A. Buy an airplane ticket, read the instructions and requirements, and study. B. Prepare reference letters, prepare school records, and fill in the application form. C. Prepare school records, do paperwork, and work hard. D. Write a reference letter, do paperwork, and study. 66. The underlined phrase “get kicked out in the first round” in Paragraph 3 means ______. A. fail to get to the next round C. get accepted in the next round D For some minutes, all was quiet in the street. Then from across the street someone came walking. It looked like a man of middle height, dressed in a big raincoat, a soft hat and rubber-soled boots or shoes, and making little sound while walking. No one was in sight. It was a street with
高一英语 第 8 页 共 8 页
B. it is fun to travel around the world D. all your friends are doing so B. the names of all the professors D. where the school is located
B. lose money in the first round D. get kicked by a professor
two rows of about fifty small houses and there were three lamps on either side. The lamp nearest to the child’s house could be seen clearly, but the others were almost hidden by the smoky air. A car passed the end of the street and its lights showed faintly, but clearly enough to show the smooth skin of a woman’s face. The car disappeared as the woman, wrapped up in her coat, reached the doorway of the child’s house. She put a key in the lock quickly, pushed the door open and stepped inside, then closed the door without looking round. She began to breathe hard. She leaned against the door for a moment, then straightened up as if with an effort, and walked towards the door of the front room, the passage leading to the kitchen, and the narrow staircase. She hesitated outside the door, then went up the stairs quickly but with hardly a sound. There was enough light from the narrow hall to show the four doors leading off a small landing. She pushed each door open in turn and shone a torch inside, and the light fell upon beds, walls, furniture, a bathroom hand-basin, a mirror which flashed brightness back; but this was not what the woman was looking for. She turned away and went downstairs, and hesitated again at the foot of the stairs, then turned towards the kitchen. Clearly there was nothing there, or in the small washroom that she wanted. Two rooms remained; the front room and a smaller one next to it. She opened the front room door. After a moment, she saw the child’s bed and the child. 67. The lights of the car passing the end of the street showed that ___________. A. a woman was driving the car B. someone was standing by a street lamp C. a man and a woman were walking up the street D. a woman was walking by herself up the street 68. After the woman closed the front door, she ___________. A. looked round quickly C. rested before moving B. started breathing again D. walked straight towards the front door
69. When she was upstairs, the woman___________. A. saw that there was a wash-basin in each room B. noticed a mirror which she was looking for C. found a torch in one of the rooms D. opened four different doors 70. Once she was in the house, the woman behaved as if what she was looking for __________. A. might be in the kitchen C. would be easily seen by the light from the hall
高一英语 第 9 页 共 9 页
B. was more likely to be upstairs D. would look frightening to a child
第 II 卷 非选择题 （共 35 分）
第四部分：根据句意和提示填上合适的词。 (共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分)
71. He speaks English very __________ (流利) and was accepted by a world famous company. 72. The teacher promised to keep parents i______________ of their children’s performance at school. 73. Damon refused to offer any e_______________ for not attending the meeting, which made his boss angry. 74. Though he has made a mistake, as a good boy, he d___________________ to be given another chance. 75. ___________(致力于) to his career, he seldom spares time to stay with his family. 76. The students are busy making ________________ (准备）for the coming examinations. 77. The child felt f_____________ when he saw the big fire. 78. After we quarreled, Sue remained cold and _______________ (冷漠）when meeting me. 79. He d___________ part of his liver to save the stranger, which was really a touching story. 80. We gave them some bread, so they will not s_______________ to death.
第五部分：书面表达(满分 25 分)
假如你是某报编辑，昨天收到一位学生来信。请根据来信的内容和所给的要点提示 用英语写一封回信。 Dear Editor, I am a hard-working girl and want to be the top student in my class. But in exams, I always make many careless mistakes. I really worry about it. What should I do to improve my performance in exams? Best regards Yours sincerely, Li Fang 要点提示： 1.收到来信，获悉信中所提到的有关情况； 2.不要压力太大； 3.如有问题请教老师或同学； 4.考试时合理分配（distribute）时间，并尽量抽出几分钟检查； 5.其它建议……………… 写作要求：1.注意书信格式及段落衔接，尝试使用定语从句。 2.字数要求：150 词左右。
高一英语 第 10 页 共 10 页