Units 1-2 基础巩固练习
1. Mr. Huang will ________ in the movement. A. play a leading part B. take parts C. play leading part D. take a part
2. We discussed where to go f
or a whole morning, but we decided to stay at home_____. A. at the end B. by the end C. in the end D. on end
3. _____ of the students who took part in the military training is 450. A. A number B. A lot C. Lots D. The number
4. Sometimes ________ English is quite different from _______ English in many ways. A. speaking, writing B. spoken, written C. speaking, written D. spoken, writing
5. Can you tell me if you have found the key ________ your car. A. for B. to C. about D. by
6. It is so nice to hear from her, _______, we last met more than 30 years ago. A. what’s more B. that’s to say C. in other words D. believe it or not
7. They lived a hard life and were often made _______ for over ten hours a day. A. work B. to work C. to working D. worked
8. Do you have any difficulty ________? A. on listening B. to listening C. for listening D. with listening
9. Can you explain how it _______ that you missed the morning classes? A. came across B. came to C. came up D. came about
10. China Daily is ____ a newspaper, for it can also serve as a useful textbook for English study. A. more than B. more or less C. less than D. more and more
11. The leader of the factory told us that very little _______ was made of the waste material in the past. A. cost 12. The reason A. for, that B. value being late for the meeting was B. why, that C. use D. matter
his little son fell ill this morning. C. for, because D. why, because
13. You made the same mistake for A. a, the B.a , a
second time, dropping C. the, an
“n” in the word “government”. D. a, an there was
14. The president, together with his bodyguards,
to the nuclear station
an accident 20 minutes ago. A. have come, which B. came, in which C. has come, where . D. came, in where
15.“Not all of the dinosaurs were dangerous”. This sentence means A. none of the dinosaurs were dangerous. C. few of the dinosaurs were dangerous.
B. all of the dinosaurs were not dangerous. D. no dinosaurs were dangerous －He asked Tom .
16. －He asked Tom, “Have you finished your homework？” A. if had he finished his homework. C. if he had finished homework.
B. whether he had finished his homework. D. if you had finished your homework.
17. He realized she was crying ________ what he had said. A. because B. because of C. as D. since
18. ------You haven’t done it well. ------ But I tried my best and did it _______ the way _______ I think is the best. A. in; which B. /; in which C. by; in that D. in; /
19. I have to __________all the books before the exams. A. go through B. go o ver C. go up D. go out
20 His illness _________ the family’s trouble. A. add up B. add up to C. add to D. are added to
21 As far as I am_________, I agree with what you said. A. concerning 22 A. I n order to B. concerned C. faced D. known
catch the first bus, he got up very early this morning. B. In order that C. So as to D. So that
23 We have been getting _______ our students since we came to this school. A. along well B. along well with C. well along with D. well with
24 Don’t ______in the exam. A. calm B. cheat C. list D. ignore
25 _________ people’s discussion and you will know a lot. A. Join B. Join in C. Take part D. Add up
1．She has a very large v____________ and she can read English novels now. 2．His n___________ language is not Chinese but he can speak it fluently.
3．What the British call “petrol” the Americans call “g____________”. 4．A_________, I’ve known Barbara for years since we were babies. 5．Jet Li has played lots of leading r_______ in Kong Fu films. 6．Though I hadn’t seen Lily for ten years, I r_______ her voice immediately I picked up the phone. 7. Judging from his a_______, he must be from North East of China next to each other. 8. Jane and Mary are good friends; the former is a teacher, and the l_______ is a nurse. 9. The business is owned by two _________(合伙人) 10 Before the __________(幕布) went up, the dancers took their places on stage. 11 When his wife died, he was very ____________(孤单) 12He had broad shoulders and____________(强有力的)arms. 13He used to smoke a _________(小包) of cigarettes a day. 14 He wants a job that will let him work o_________. 15 The restaurant has a long menu of about 50 i___________.
1. 超过；多余____________________ 3. 在…中担任角色___________________ 5. 一些个，若干个___________________ 7. 与…交流 _______________________ 9. 以…为基础/依据__________________ 11. 例如，诸如此类 _______________ 2. 与…不同______________________ 4. 因为 6. 即使 __________________ ________________ _________________
10. …. 的 数 量 ， 数 目 __________________ 12. 信不信由你______________________
13. 利用 _________________________ 14.ignore vt. ________ n. 16.power n. _________ adj. 18.recover v. __________n. 15.German adj. __________n. 17.dusty adj. __________ n. 19.exactly adv. ___________adj.
20.dislike n.&vt. _________(反义词)；unlike _________; likely ___________.
1. Mr. Wang said, “I will leave for Shanghai on business next month, children.” (tell) _____________________________________________________________ 2. “Where are you going?” the father asked his son. (ask) _____________________________________________________________
3. “Are you sorry for what you have done?” the mother asked the naughty boy. (ask) _____________________________________________________________ 4. “Let me pack the parcel for you,” he said. (offer) _____________________________________________________________ 5. “Don’t make so much noise in class, boys and girls,” said the teacher. (tell) _____________________________________________________________
1.当今在中国学英语的人数正在迅速增长.(the number of)
2. 实际上，从公元 450 年到 1150 年，人们所说的英语更多的是以德语为基础的，而现代英 语不是。 (be based on)
3. 请到我的公寓里来坐坐，好吗？（come up to）
4. 信不信由你，他在考试中作弊。 (cheat)
5. 请冷静，他不是故意这样做的。 （calm down； on purpose）
6. 有些人认为上大学是没有意义的。 （There is no point (in) doing sth. ）
8. 尽管他不喜欢学习英语，他还是加入了英语俱乐部。 （dislike；join）
9. 为了不迟到，他起床很早。 order to） （in
10. 父母非常关心我们的健康。 （be concerned about）
一.单项填空 1-5 ACDBB 6-10 DBDDA 11-15 CADCB 16-20BBABC 21-25 BABBB
二.根据首字母提示完成句子 1. vocabulary 2. native 3.gas 4. Actually 5. roles 6. recognized 7.accent 8. latter 9. partners 10. curtain 11. lonely 12. powerful 13. pack 14. outdoors 15. items 三．词组及词汇练习 1. more than 2. be different from 3. play a role in 4. because of 5. a number of 6. even if / even though 7. communicate with 8. come up 9. be based on / base … on 10. the number of 11. such as 12. make use of 13. believe it or not recovery 19. exact 20. like、不像 四．用括号里的词，将下列句子变成间接引语 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Mr Wang told the children that he would leave for Shanghai on business the next month. The father asked his son where he was going. The mother asked the naughty boy if he was sorry for what he had done. He offered to pack the parcel for me. The teacher told the boys and girls not to make so much noise in class. 14. ignorance 15. Germany 16. powerful 17. dust 18.
五．用英语翻译下列句子 1. Today the number of people learning English in China is increasing rapidly. 2. Actually, the English spoken between about AD 450 and 1150 was based more on German than present day English. 3. Would you please come up to my flat for a visit? 4. Believe it or not, he cheated in the exams. 5. Pleas calm down. He didn’t do it on purpose.[来源:Z,xx,k.Com] 6. It is believed that there is no point in attending college. 7. He felt upset because of losing the money. 8. Although he dislikes learning English, he joined the English Club. 9. In order not to be late, he got up early. 10.Our parents are concerned about out health.