2010 年 河 北 省 初 中 毕 业 生 升 学 文 化 课 考 试
Ⅴ. 单项选择（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，计 20 分） 选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 26. Cindy is __
______ amazing singer. She has lots of fans. A. a B. an C. the 27. Sally is very happy. There is a big smile ________ her face. A. on B. to C. in 28. I don’t think looking after children is just ________ work. D. 不填 D. at
A. woman B. woman’s C. women D. women’s 29. The Internet is very useful for us. We can ________ find information. A. easy B. easily C. hard D. hardly 30. Jenny, put on your coat ________ you will catch a cold. A. but B. and C. or D. so 31. —Do we have to finish our homework this afternoon? —Yes, you ________. A. must B. can C. may D. need 32. Emma, can you introduce ________ to Alice? I want to meet her. A. him B. his C. me D. my 33. I’d like you ________ for a picnic with us. A. go B. to go C. going D. went 34. Sometimes walking is even ________ than driving during the busy traffic time. A. fast B. faster C. slow 35. Mike ________ his computer and checked his e-mail. A. turned on B. turned off C. turned up D. slower D. turned down
36. Everyone ________ I come from Sichuan. Actually, I come from Shandong. A. find B. think C. finds D. thinks 37. Hong Kong ________ to be a good place for eating today. A. knows B. knew C. is known D. was known 38. This term ________ over. The summer vacation is coming in two weeks. A. is B. was C. has been 39. I ________ a mistake. Please don’t be angry with me. A. make B. made C. will make 40. She is new here, so we know ________ about her. A. nothing B. something C. anything A. lives B. lived C. will live D. will be D. had made D. everything D. has lived
41. My brother left school in 2005, and since then he ________ in Beijing. 42. Peter likes reading a newspaper ________ he is having breakfast.
A. until A. who A. wash A. where you buy it
B. while B. that B. washed
C. because C. whom C. am washing B. where do you buy it D. where did you buy it
D. though D. whose D. was washing
43. There are lots of things ________ I need to prepare before the trip. 44. I ________ my clothes, and the phone rang. 45. Your T-shirt is so cool. Could you tell me ________? C. where you bought it
Ⅵ. 完形填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，计 10 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各小题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。 Homesick is a compound (复合的) word made up of HOME and SICK. You know what each 46 means on its own, of course. But do you know the meaning 48 50 47 they are used together? The definition (定义) of homesick is SICK FOR HOME. It means you miss your home. Now think for a minute It means something quite When you are want to be is at sea. Have you ever their hearts are broken. And we also have other compound words, such as handshake and 46. A. word 47. A. how 48. A. for 49. A. get 50. A. right 51. A. homesick 52. A. the first place 53. A. thought over 54. A. hurt 55. A. hobby B. phrase B. why B. from B. fit B. wrong B. heartsick B. the last place B. thought out B. hit B. height C. sentence C. when C. about C. read C. same C. seasick C. the only place C. heard from C. loved C. heaven 55 . Perhaps you may D. passage D. where D. like D. have D. different D. carsick D. the safe place D. heard of D. moved D. handbag write definitions for them. It must be helpful to know something like this in your English study. 53 a person being heartsick? Heartsick doesn’t mean that something is 54 deep inside as if (好像) wrong with a person’s heart. People are heartsick when they are SEASICK. If you change the word HOME in the definition 49 SEASICK? Does seasick mean SICK FOR SEA? 52 you to the word SEA, would the definition
. Seasick means SICK BY THE MOVEMENT ON THE SEA.
51 , the only place you want to be is at home. When you are seasick,
Ⅶ. 阅读理解（共 15 小题，每小题 2 分，计 30 分） 阅读 A、B、C 三篇材料，然后从各小题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项。 A More and more people like bicycling and it is no surprise. It is fun, healthy and good for the environment. Maybe that’s why there are 1.4 billion bicycles and only 400 million cars on roads worldwide today. Bikes can take you almost anywhere, and there is no oil cost! Get on a bicycle and ride around your neighbourhood. You may discover something new all around you. Stopping and getting off a bike is easier than stopping and getting out of your car. You can bike to work and benefit ( 受 益 ) from the enjoyable exercise without polluting the
environment. You don’t even have to ride all the way. Folding (折叠) bikes work well for people who ride the train. Just fold the bike and take it with you. You can do the same on an airplane. A folding bike can be packed in a suitcase. You can also take a common bike with you when you fly. But be sure to look for information by getting on airline websites. Not all airlines are bicycle-friendly to travellers. Health Benefits of Bicycling: It helps to prevent heart diseases. Bicycling helps to control your weight. A 15-minute bike ride to and from work three times a week burns off five kilos of fat in a year. Bicycling can improve your mood (心情). Exercise like bicycling has been shown to make people feel better, more relaxed and self-confident. Bicycling is healthier than driving. 56. From the passage, we know that bicycling is becoming very __________. A. surprising B. exciting C. expensive D. popular
57. When you are riding your bicycle around your neighbourhood, you may __________. A. pollute the environment around C. go everywhere and use a little oil B. find something you didn’t notice D. get off your bike and begin to work
58. If you travel with a folding bike, you can fold it and __________. A. get out of the car C. put it in your purse B. take it onto a train D. go on airline websites
59. One of the benefits from bicycling is that __________. A. you can fold the bicycle C. you will be more relaxed 60. Which is TRUE according to the passage? A. Bicycling is enjoyable exercise for people. B. Driving cars is healthier than riding bikes. C. Riding a bike pollutes your neighbourhood. D. Common bikes are welcomed by all airlines. B Jack is a clerk of a bookstore. Here is the note from his boss, Ben. Jack has to decide what books to order according to the following note and the descriptions of the books.
Hi Jack, You must hand in the order list of books to me by the first working day of every month.
B. you will be friendly to others D. you may get fatter and fatter
The rules for choosing books are:
● August is coming. We must choose all textbooks, without thinking of other rules.
For books which are not textbooks:
● If more than five copies of books were sold last month, we choose them. But if there are five copies or more in stock (现货), we do not make an order. ● If the wholesale (批发) prices of the books are higher than $75, we do not choose them. And we do not order anything whose retail (零售) price is higher than $100. Ben
The descriptions of the books
Title: Homeland English Publisher (出版社): Homeland Ltd Wholesale price: $110 Retail price: $140 Textbook: Yes Copies sold last month: 3 Copies in stock: 2 Title: Biology at a Glance Publisher: New Times Publishing Ltd Wholesale price: $70 Retail price: $95 Textbook: No Copies sold last month: 18 Copies in stock: 3 Title: How to Become Successful Publisher: Founders Company Ltd Wholesale price: $25 Retail price: $40 Textbook: No Copies sold last month: 2 Copies in stock: 1 Title: Good Health in 20 Days Publisher: Oscar World Ltd Wholesale price: $50 Retail price: $66 Textbook: No Copies sold last month: 10 Copies in stock: 20
61. Jack must hand in the order list to his boss by __________. A. the first day of last August C. the last day of next August B. the last working day of this month D. the first working day of each month
62. If Jack wants to buy the books about success, he should order them from __________. A. Homeland Ltd C. Oscar World Ltd B. Founders Company Ltd D. New Times Publishing Ltd
63. The wholesale price of the book __________ is over $100. A. Homeland English B. Good Health in 20 Days
C. Biology at a Glance
D. How to Become Successful
64. The number of the books sold best last month is __________. A. 3 B. 10 C. 18 D. 20
65. Jack can’t buy Good Health in 20 Days because __________. A. it is not a school textbook B. its wholesale price is too high C. the copies in stock are more than 5 D. the copies sold last month are over 5 C Like many people, I have no clear idea about heroes. At some point, we all wonder if we need a hero and what a hero really is. Although there are a lot of differences in cultures, heroes around the world generally share a number of characteristics (特点) which give us courage and make us want to learn from them. A hero does something worth talking about. A hero has a special story to tell and people think highly of it. But a hero is not just the person with great fame (声誉) . A hero has powers (力量) larger than himself. Some people want to live like a hero, and they have to experience life with new and further meaning. A sure test for would-be heroes is what or whom they serve. What do they want to live and die for? If the answer suggests they serve only their own fame, they may be famous persons but not heroes. A hero has a vision from the mountaintop. He has the power to move people. He creates new possibilities. Without Gandhi, India might still be part of Britain. Without Martin Luther King, Jr., Americans might take different buses, eat in different restaurants, go for walks in different parks, and shop in different stores because of the different colours of their skin. There might be changes in society without a hero, but the speed of change would be rather slow. Thanks to heroes in history, they make the society develop so rapidly. 66. According to this passage, a hero is a person who always __________. A. gives us courage C. shares great fame B. thinks highly of others D. stands on the mountaintop
67. If you want to live like a hero, you should __________. A. experience a new and meaningful life B. listen to something worth talking about
C. serve your own fame and try to be famous D. know where and how you want to live and die 68. The underlined word “vision” in the passage means “__________”. A. 风景 C. 远见 B. 想象 D. 形象
69. Black people in America used to __________ before Martin Luther King, Jr.. A. shop at the white’s stores B. drive buses with the white C. take walks in the white’s parks D. eat in restaurants without the white 70. What can we learn from the passage? A. We don’t need heroes anymore at some point now. B. Heroes are all the same though different in cultures. C. People get power from heroes to move to a new place. D. Our society has developed faster because of heroes in history. 总 分 核分人
卷Ⅱ（非选择题，共 35 分）
Ⅺ A B
Ⅸ. 任务型阅读（共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，计 10 分） 阅读短文，并按要求完成 76～80 题。
Close your eyes for a minute and would be like if you couldn’t see. read this page, not with your eyes but How do you feel, then? With medical knowledge and
imagine what life Imagine having to with your fingers. skills today,
two-thirds of the world’s 42 million blind people should not have to suffer (受苦). Unluckily, rich countries have this knowledge, but developing countries do not. ORBIS is an international charitable organization (慈善组织). Its goal is to help fight blindness all over the world. Inside a DC-8 airplane, there is a teaching hospital with television room and classroom. Doctors are taught the latest technology of helping the blind get sight again here. ORBIS is always trying to keep a closer relation among countries. ORBIS helps those developing countries by providing sight-saving training. It has taught over 35,000 doctors and nurses. They continue to treat thousands of blind people every year. They have travelled around the earth 3 times, visited 76 countries and treated over 20,000 blind people. They need your help to continue their work and free people from blindness. For just $38, you can help one person see; for $380 you can bring sight to 10 people; $1,300 helps train a doctor new skills; and for $13,000 you can provide a training program for a group of doctors who can make thousands of blind people see again. Your love can help them open their eyes to the world. 76 题判断正误（ “T”表示正确， “F”表示错误） ；77 题完成句子；78～79 题简略回答 问题；80 题将文中划线句子译成汉语。 76. Both rich and developing countries have the knowledge of helping blind people.【 】
77. ORBIS’ goal is to ________________________________________________________. 78. How many doctors and nurses has ORBIS taught? _______________________________________________________________________ 79. What can you do for $380 according to the passage? _______________________________________________________________________ 80. ______________________________________________________________________ 得 分 评卷人 Ⅹ. 词语运用（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，计 5 分） 根据句意及所给提示，补全单词或用单词、固定短语、固定搭配的正确 形式填空。 81. It’s a good habit to brush our teeth t 82. We need eleven 83. What a a day. (play) for our soccer team. (sun) day it is today! Let’s go to the park.
84. Steven 85. How can you type and talk
(参加) the school dancing club last year. (同时)?
Ⅺ. 基础写作（包括 A、B 两部分，A 部分 5 分，B 部分 10 分，共计 15 分） 得 分 评卷人 A) 连词成句（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，计 5 分） 将所给单词连成完整、正确的句子。 （单词不得重复使用，标点已给出） 86. for, you, ready, class, are ______________________________________________________________________? 87. man, who, young, that, is ______________________________________________________________________? 88. noise, make, much, don’t, so ______________________________________________________________________. 89. bed, better, earlier, had, to, you, go ______________________________________________________________________. 90. how, a, showed, to, him, plane, make, she, model ______________________________________________________________________. 得 分 评卷人 B) 书面表达（共计 10 分） 91. 回想三年的英语学习历程，丰富多彩的英语课堂活动一定给你留下 了许多难忘的印象。请你以“What should we do in English class?”为题 写一篇英语短文，谈谈在英语课堂上学生应该怎样做，才能使英语学习 更有效。
提示：(1) Listen to the teacher. (2) Take part in activities. (3) Be confident in ourselves. 要求：(1) 文稿须包括所有提示内容，可适当发挥。 (2) 文稿中不得出现真实的人名、校名和地名。 (3) 词数：60～80 个。 参考词汇：take notes, work in groups with…, not be afraid of…
What should we do in English class?
In English class，we should
10. C 19. A 28. D 37. C 46. A 55. D 64. C 2. B 11. C 20. B 29. B 38. D 47. C 56. D 65. C 3. A 12. B 21. C 30. C 39. B 48. C 57. B 66. A 4. B 13. C 22. C 31. A 40. A 49. B 58. B 67. A 5. A 14. B 23. B 32. C 41. D 50. D 59. C 68. C 6. B 15. A 24. B 33. B 42. B 51. A 60. A 69. D 7. A 16. B 25. C 34. B 43. B 52. B 61. D 70. D 8. C 17. A 26. B 35. A 44. D 53. D 62. B 9. A 18. C 27. A 36. D 45.C 54. A 63. A
Ⅷ. 71. 5 / five 72. palaces 73. swim 74. (so / very) delicious 75. by taxi / in a taxi Ⅸ. 76. F 77. help fight blindness all over the world 78. It / ORBIS has taught over 35,000 doctors and nurses. / Over 35,000 (doctors and nurses). 79. We / I can bring sight to 10 people. / Bring sight to 10 people.
80. 你（你们）的爱能够帮助他们重见光明。 Ⅹ. 81. twice 82. players 83. sunny 84. joined Ⅺ. A) 86. Are you ready for class? 87. Who is that young man? 88. Don’t make so much noise. 89. You had better go to bed earlier. 90. She showed him how to make a model plane. B) 91. Possible version
85. at the same time
What should we do in English class? In English class, we should listen to the teacher carefully and take notes when necessary. Try to answer questions in English. We should take part in all kinds of activities, like reading, writing, having discussions and playing games. We need to work in groups with our classmates to help each other and learn from each other. It’s very important to be confident. Speak English loudly in front of the class and never be afraid of making mistakes. In this way, we can make much progress。