中考英语阅读与解析资料 中考英语阅读与解析资料 与解析
There are many wetlands（湿地） in China and some of them have become the world's important wetlands. The Chinese Yellow Sea Wetlands are among them. They are
in Yancheng， Jiangsu Province. They are home for many different kinds of birds and animals. The world's largest Milu Deer Nature Reserve（自然保护区） is in them. More than 700 milu deer live freely there. There are not many red-crowned cranes in the world， but every winter you can see some in the Red-crowned Cranes Nature Reserve in the Yellow Sea Wetlands. The temperature in the wetlands is usually neither too high nor too low. There is a lot of rain and sunshine， too. They are really good places for wildlife（野生生物） Offering 。 food and home for some special kinds of animals and birds is not the only reason why we need to protect wetlands. Wetlands are important because they also prevent flood. But some people want to change the wetlands to make more space for farms and buildings. This means there will be less and less space for wildlife. Luckily， more and more people are beginning to realize the important of wetlands and wildlife. Every year， on February 2nd， many activities are held to tell people more about wetlands. 根据以上短文内容，然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. The Chinese Yellow Sea Wetlands are in the _______ of China. A. east B. south C. west D. north 2. Usually the weather in the wetlands is _______. A. hot B. pleasant C. cold D. dry 3. The World Wetlands Day is on _______. A. April 22 B. June 25 C. February 2 D. March 22 4. We must protect wetlands because _______. A. they are home for wildlife B. they can prevent flood C. they can offer food to the animals and birds D. all of the above 5. The best title for the passage is _______. A. China's Wetlands Have All Entered the World's List B. Wetlands-Home for Wildlife and Human Beings C. Special Animals in the Chinese Yellow Sea Wetlands D. Wetlands-Valuable Recourses（珍贵资源） of Land on the Earth 答案与解析
1. 选 A.从第 1 段的句子 The Chinese Yellow Sea Wetlands are among them. They are in Yancheng， Jiangsu Province. 和地理知识可知，江苏省是在中国的东部，故选 A.
2. 选 B.由第 2 段的句子 The temperature in the wetland is usually neither too high nor too low. There is a lot of rain and sunshine， too.可知， 湿地的气温不高也不低， 雨量充沛， 阳光充足，这样的天气不是很 pleasant 吗？
3. 选 C.文章最后一句告诉我们在每年的 February 2nd， 有许多的关于湿地的活动举行， 所以这一天就是世界湿地日。
4. 选 D.短文的第 1 段讲述了 They are home for many different kinds of birds and animals.（湿地是许多野生动物的家园）；第 2 段又讲述了湿地 Offering food and home for some special kinds of animals 以及 Wetlands are important because they also prevent flood.所以答案为 D.
5. 选 B.根据第 4 题我们就可知道本文列举了湿地的重要性，所以 B 选项最佳。 Do you know how to play a game called "Musical Chairs"？ It is easy to play and most people enjoy it. All you need are some chairs， some people and some way of making music. You may use a piano or any other musical instrument， if someone can play it. You may use a tape recorder. You can even use a radio. Put the chairs in a row. The chairs may be put in twos， back to back. A better way is to have the chairs in one row with each chair facing in the opposite direction to the chair next to it. The game is easy. When the music starts， the players walk round the chairs. Everyone goes in the same direction， of course， they should walk in time to the music. If the music is fast they should walk quickly. If the music is slow， they should walk slowly. The person playing music cannot see the people in the game. When the music stops， the players try to sit on the chairs. If a person cannot find a chair to sit on， he drops out. Then， before the music starts again， one chair must be taken away. When the music stops again， one more player will be out.
At last， there will be two players and one chair. The one who sits on the chair when the music stops is the winner. 根据以上短文内容，然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. If ten people are playing musical chairs， you must begin with _______. A. nine chairs B. ten chairs C. eleven chairs D. one chair 2. Which of the following is not suitable for playing musical chairs？ _______. A. A piano B. A radio C. A tape recorder D. A telephone 3. The chairs should be put _______. A. with the desks B. before the winner C. all over the room D. in a line 4. When the music starts,the players must _______. A. run about the room B. get down C. walk around the chairs D. sit on the chairs 5. Which of the following statements is NOT true？ A. The game "Musical Chairs" is not difficult to learn. B. The last one can sit on the last chair. C. The winner can sit on the chair. D. If the person plays music,he cannot be the winner. 答案与解析
1. 选 A.因为在第 4 段有这样一句 If a person cannot find a chair to sit on，he drops out. 那么肯定是椅子比人数少 1，这样才会有人没得坐，故选 A.
2. 选 D.在第 1 段中提到了 A、B、C 三种可以播放音乐的器具，而 D 项没有，因为一 般来说电话是不能播放音乐的，所以选 D.
3. 选 D.第 2 段的 Put the chairs in a row 就是"把椅子排成一排"这意。选 D.
4. 选 C.由第 3 段中的句子 When the music starts， the players walk round the chairs. 可知答案为 C.
5. 选 B.本题可用排除法，由第 1 段第 2 句 It is easy to play 可知道 A 项正确；由最后 一句 The one who sits on the chair when the music stops is the winner.可知 C 项是正确的； 由第 4 段的句子 The person playing music cannot see the people in the game 可知 D 项也 是正确的。故答案选 B. Several years ago， a television reporter was talking to three of the most important people in America. One was a very rich banker， another owned one of the largest companies in the world， and the third owned many buildings in the center of New York. The reporter was talking to them about being important. "How do we know if someone is really important？" the reporter asked the banker. The banker thought for a few moments and then said， "I think anybody who is invited to the Whiter House to meet the President of the United States is really important." The reporter then turned to the owner of the very large company. "Do you agree with that？" she asked. The man shook his head， "No. I think the President invites a lot of people to the White House. You'd only be important if while you were visiting the President， there was a telephone call from the president of another country， and the President of the US said he was too busy to answer it." The reporter turned to the third man. "Do you think so？" "No， I don't，" he said. "I don't think that makes the visitor important. That makes the President important." "Then what would make the visitor important？" the reporter and the other two men asked. "Oh， I think if the visitor to the White House was talking to the President and the phone rang， and the President picked up the receiver， listened and then said， 'It's for you.' " 根据以上短文内容，然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. This story happened in _______. A. England B. America C. Japan D. Australia 2. There are _______ in this passage. A. two men and two women B. three men and one woman
C. three women and one man D. four women 3. The banker thought _______. A. he was really important because he was a rich banker B. the visitor to the White House was really important C. the visitor who met the President of the United States D. the reporter was really important 4. The owner of the very large company thought _______. A. she was really important because she owned one of the largest companies B. the banker was really important C. the owner of many buildings in the center of New York was really important D. the visitor would be really important if while he was visiting the President， the President would not answer any telephone call 5. The owner of many buildings thought _______. A. he was really important because he owned many buildings in the center of New York B. the owner of the very large company was really important C. the visitor was really important if he talking to the President and the President received a telephone call for the visitor D. the person who worked in the White House was really important 答案与解析 1. 选 B.从第 1 段的首句 Several years ago， a television reporter was talking to three of the most important people in America.可以知道，这个故事发生在美国，所以选择 B. 2. 选 B.短文对三位嘉宾的人称代词用的都是 he，由此可知，这三位嘉宾都是男士，而 从第 5 段的 she asked 可以看出这个 reporter 是位女士，所以总共是 three men and one woman，答案是 B. 3. 选 B.当 the reporter 问 the banker 什么样的人才是重要的时，他回答说：I think anybody who is invited to the White House to meet the President of the United States is really important.所以答案选择 B. 4. 选 D.从第 6 段这位男士的回答我们很容易得出答案是 D. 5. 选 C.从最后一段可以知道 the owner of many buildings 的想法，就是当你在拜访总 统时，总统却接到一个找你的电话，那么此时你就是一个很重要的人了。所以答案选择 C. In 1995，Oseola McCarty gave a present of $150 000 to the University of Southern Mississippi. She wanted to help poor students. It was a very generous thing to do. But her friends and neighbors were surprised. McCarty was a good woman. She went to church. She was always friendly and helpful. But everyone in her town knew that McCarty was not rich. In fact，she was poor. How did a poor 86-year-old woman have so much money？ Oseola McCarty was
born in 1908 in Hattiesburg，Mississippi. She had to leave school when she was eight years old to help her family. She took a job washing clothes. She earned only a few dollars a day. Oseola washed the clothes by hand. Then she hung the clothes to dry. She did this for nearly 80 years. In the 1960s，she bought an automatic washer and dryer. But she gave them away. She did not think they got the clothes clean enough！At that time，many people started to buy their own washers and dryers. McCarty did not have much work， so she started to iron clothes instead. McCarty never married or had children. Her life was very simple. She went to work and to church. She read her Bible （圣经） 。She had a black-and-white television. But she did not watch it very much. It had only one channel. McCarty saved money all her life and eventually had about $250 000. When she was 86，a lawyer helped her make a will. She left money to the church，her relatives，and the university. McCarty just wanted to help others. She did not think she was a special person. But then people found out about her present to the university. She received many honors （荣誉） She even flew in an airplane for the first time！ 。 Oseola McCarty died in 1999. She was a shy and ordinary woman who became famous. 根据以上短文内容，然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. Oseola McCarty gave $150 000 to the University of Southern Mississippi _______. A. to help the poor students B. to surprise her friends and neighbors C. to show her generosity D. to be a good and rich woman 2. From the story we know _______. A. McCarty was born in a poor family near the University of Southern Mississippi B. everyone was surprised because they thought McCarty had no education C. washers and dryers brought a change in McCarty's life D. McCarty gave half of her money to the church and her relatives 3. Which of the following is true？ A. McCarty had to work to help her family after school every day. B. McCarty learned to read the Bible by herself in the school. C. McCarty made one third of her money by washing and ironing clothes. D. McCarty did not have her own family because she had no husband or children. 4. From which of the following can we tell McCarty lived a simple life？ A. She worked hard all her life. B. She didn't think she was special. C. She didn't have many interests. D. She had a TV set with many channels. 5. Which of the following is true？ A. McCarty died at the age of eighty-six. B. McCarty did the job of washing for more than eighty years. C. McCarty gave her presents to both universities and churches. D. McCarty was given many honors because of her good deeds. 答案与解析 1. 选 A.第 1 段解释了她这一举动的用意：She wanted to help poor students.她这样做
都是为了要帮助贫困学生，所以答案为 A. 2. 选 A.从第 2 段我们知道 Oseola McCarty 是一个 poor 86-year-old woman.她在 8 岁 时就不得不离开学校来帮助养家，可知她的家里也是贫穷的。她出生在 Hattiesburg， Mississippi.可见这里应该离 the University of Southern Mississippi 不远。所以 A 项是正确 的。 3. 选 D.在第 3 段我们知道 McCarty never married or had children. 她一直自己一个人 生活，因此 D 项是正确的。 4. 选 C.在第 3 段作者介绍了她的简单生活。她只工作和去教堂，她只读她的圣经，她 有一部黑白电视机但不怎么看，而且它只有一个频道。可见她并没有很多的爱好，所以说她 的生活是 simple life.答案选择 C. 5. 选 D.McCarty 出生在 1908 年，死于 1999 年，享年 91 岁，所以选项 A 错误；在第 2 段可以知道她洗衣服 for nearly 80 years，所以选项 B 错误；最后一段我们知道 She left money to the church， her relatives， and the university.所以选项 C 也是错误的；而因为 她所做的这些贡献，She received many honors. 所以 D 是正确的。 Mr King works in a shop and drives a car for the manager. He drives carefully and can keep calm in time of danger. And he escaped from several accidents. The manager pays him more and the traffic policemen often speak highly of him. Mr Baker， one of his friends， works in a factory outside the city. It's far from his house and he has to go to work by bus. As the traffic is crowded in the morning， sometimes he's late for the work. His manager warns the young man that he will be sent away unless he gets to his office on time. He hopes to buy a car， but he hasn't enough money. He decides to buy an old one. He went to the flea （跳蚤） market and at last he chose a beautiful but cheap car. He said he wanted to have a trial （试验） drive， the seller agreed. He called Mr King and asked him to help him. Mr King examined the car at first and then drove it away. It was five in the morning and there were few cars in the street. At first he drove slowly and it worked well. Then he drove fast. And when he reached a crossing， the lights turned red. He tried to stop it， but he failed and nearly hit an old woman who was crossing the street. A policeman told him to stop， but the car went on until it hit a big tree by the road. "Didn't you hear me？" the policeman asked angrily. "Yes， I did， sir，" said Mr King， "Since it doesn't listen to me，can it obey you？ " 根据以上短文内容，然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. Mr King is paid more because he _______. A. always drives very slowly B. is not afraid of danger
C. had driven for years
D. drives very well
2. Mr Baker went to the flea market to _______. A. buy a second-hand car B. have a trial drive C. choose a new car D. sell his old car 3. Mr King tried to stop the car when _______. A. he saw an old woman crossing the street B. he saw a big tree C. the traffic lights turned red D. the policeman shouted angrily at him 4. Which of the following is true？ A. Mr King will be sent away if he keeps being late B. Mr Baker can't afford to buy an old car C. Mr King didn't hear the policeman D. Something was wrong with the car 答案与解析 1. 选 D.由句子 He drives carefully and can keep calm in time of danger. And he escaped from several accidents.可知，Mr King drives very well，因此老板付给了他更多的 薪水。答案选 D. 2. 选 A.Mr Baker 因为交通拥挤而经常迟到， 受到老板的责骂， 所以 He hopes to buy a car. 但是他没有足够的钱，所以 He decided to buy an old one，可见他去跳蚤市场是 buy a second-hand car（想买一辆二手车） ，因此答案选 A. 3. 选 C.Mr King 试车到了一个十字路口时，The light turned red，所以 He tried to stop it，因此答案选 C. 4. 选 D.Mr King 在交警的警告下也没有停住车， 最后撞到了树上， 他的解释是： doesn't It listen to me（车不听我的话） ，可见车有问题，所以答案选 D. I will always remember my mother's last few days in this world. On February 14th， 2000， class went on a field trip to the beach. I had so much fun. my When we returned to school，my teacher told me to go to the headmaster's office. When I got into the office，I saw a police officer. Suddenly I realized something was wrong. The police officer told me what had happened and we went to pick my sister up. After that，we went to the hospital and waited. Time went slowly. Finally， got to see our mother. It was we terrible. On the next day， headmaster came and told my two teachers what had happened. the I was taking a rest that day. I knew it had something to do with my mother. I kept thinking that she either died or had gotten better. How I wished that she had gotten better. When
my teacher took me outside，my sister ran up to me. She started crying，"She's gone. Teresa，mommy's gone. She's dead." I couldn't believe it. We jumped into the car and drove straight to the hospital. Most of my family were there. The silence was terrible. I knew I had to say goodbye. Today when I look back， still miss my mother very much， I know that I will live. My I but mother was a strong mother，who had the biggest heart. My mother was an angel walking on the earth. I will always remember her as living. When someone is asked who their hero （英雄） is，they usually say someone famous，like Michael Jordan or Britney Spears. When someone asks me who my hero is，I tell them，my mother. My mother lives every day. That is what makes her a true hero. 根据以上短文内容，然后从每题所给的四个选项中选择最佳选项。 1. Where was the writer when she learned her mother was very ill？ A. On the beach. B. At the hospital. C. At school. D. At home. 2. Who brought the writer the bad news that her mother was ill？ A. Her sister. B. The headmaster. C. Her teacher. D. The police officer. 3. What did the headmaster tell the two teachers on the next day？ A. Her mother had been very ill. B. Her mother had been dead. C. Her mother had gotten better. D. Her sister came to see her. 4. From the last paragraph of the passage we know that _______. A. the writer is afraid of her mother B. the writer is proud of her mother C. the writer feels sad about her mother D. the writer feels sorry for her mother 5. The writer must think her mother is a _______ woman. A. famous B. free C. rich D. great 答案与解析 1. 选 C.根据短文的第 2 段句子 When we returned to school，my teacher told me to… 可知，当我回到学校以后，才得知母亲生病的消息，即当作者得知母亲病重时，当时她 is at school（在学校） 。 2. 选 D.根据第 2 段的句子 The police officer told me what had happened and…可知， 老师叫我去校长办公室，但真正告诉我发生了什么事的是 the police officer.故答案选 D. 3. 选 B.在短文的第 3 段开头讲到了第二天发生的事。校长告诉我的两个老师发生了什 么事，然后紧接着借妹妹之口：She's gone. Teresa，mommy's gone. She's dead.使读者 知道，校长告诉老师的事是 My mother had been dead（我的母亲死了） 。
4. 选 B.在短文的最后一段，作者反复提到这样的字眼：a strong mother，had the biggest heart，an angel，字里行间都充满着自豪之情。故答案选 B. 5. 选 D.最后一段说母亲有世界上最宽容的心，她是一位 strong 母亲，她是一位真正 的英雄，这些都说明了在作者心中母亲很 great（伟大） 。