成都七中实验 2015 届高一下期期中质量监测 英 语
第Ⅰ卷(选择题，共 100 分) 第一部分 英语知识运用 第一节 单项选择(共 10 小题，每小题 1.5 分；满分 15 分) 从以下各题后的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1.—What do you think of _____ film of Life of Pi? —Great! It is _____ success. It was reported that it picked up for Oscar awards. A. the; a B. a; a C. the; / D. a; /
2. O. Henry, the famous American writer, wrote lots of short stories, most of _____ are very well-known. A. them B. that C. which D. where
3. My first _____ of him was that he was a kind and outgoing young man. A. expression B. attention C. satisfaction D. impression
4. ______ harder and you will gradually make progress. A. Working B. Work C. To work D. Having worked
5. It will be about one and a half years _____ you graduate from high school. A. since B. before C. when D. until
6. Tony, it’s surprising that you _____ Chinese so quickly—you’ve been living here only six months. A. pick up B. look up C. put up D. make up
7. I hate _____ when my parents force me to take extra lessons at the weekends. A. that B. it C. this D. one
8. Mo Yan was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2012, _____ one of the Chinese people’s long-held dreams come true. A. made B. to make C. having made D. making
9. —Oh, no! We’re too late. The train _______. —That’s OK. We’ll catch the next one to New York.
A. was leaving leaving
B. had left
C. has left
10. —Jack, go to the front door and have a look. Is the pizza man knocking at the door? —It ____ be the pizza man, mum. We didn’t order any lunch food. A. mustn’t B. won’t C. can’t D. shan’t
第二节 完型填空(共 20 小题，每小题 2 分；满分 40 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题给的四个选项 A、B、C、D 中，选出可以填入 空白处的最佳选项。 If you want to stand out among people, there are no other choices but hard work. There was once a poor boy running to ask a smart and hard-working building contractor(承包商), who wore fine clothes. “How could I become as are?” The contractor thought for a while, and told him a(an) 12 about three diggers. saying about digger The first digger liked holding a spade(铁锹) without doing anything 13 that he would become a boss in the future. The second digger alwa ys liked 14 the long-time work and his low salary. The third digger liked 15 And he was 16 digging without any claims. Several years later, only 17 go to work hard.” The boy looked puzzled. Then the boss continued, “You know, that is also I managed to get where I am now. I once worked harder and 19 others. Working harder with higher 20 made myself stand out 22 24 .” Success can only be born in experience for making their 27 work, the 11. A. fine smart 12. A. story 13. A. and 14. A. talking 15. A. hopefully 16. A. buried in B. experience B. so B. thinking B. frequently B. impressed with C. lesson C. or C. complaining C. thankfully C. crazy about D. tale D. but D. caring D. quietly D. tired of
became the boss of a building company. “Do you understand this story, my boy? Just 18
much better than
than others, I was always the first one w as exactly my hard work that me
to work every day and the last one to leave. 21
all the workers. Soon my day came, and my boss 23
and asked me to be his assistant. After I earned enough money, I also became a boss 25 . Working hard is all winners’ 28 hard work. 26
become true. The more we 30
from our hard
importance we will attach to B. rich
A good life needs D.
action to achieve, so we must
our goals and start our journey right now. C. hardworking
17. A. the first contractor 18. A. when 19. A. dug 20. A. voices educations 21. A. That 22. A. with 23. A. saw recognized 24. A. eventually completely 25. A. words 26. A. used 27. A. dreams 28. A. achieve 29. A. better
B. the second B. why B. performed B. spirits B. This B. for B. noticed B. naturally B. action B. dreamed B. successes B. value B. worse
C. the third C. whether C. developed C. salaries C. It C. among C. realized C. immediately C. promises C. shared C. journeys C. feel C. greater D. D. D. how
D. managed D. D. What D. from
D. determination D. limited D. careers D. see D. less
30. A. set off B. set up C. set about D. set back 第三节 阅读理解(满分 45 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。(共 15 小题，每小题 3 分；满分 45 分) A Every student has their own way of learning English. For Pan Fangdi, a student from Shenzhen, her favorite method is watching American TV dramas. “My favorite show is House. The storyline is interesting. And it helps to enlarge my vocabulary. I would never remember those long and hard words, such as tuberculosis and pneumonia if I didn’t watch the dramas,” she said. Pan, 17, is the winner of the sixth National English Speaking Competition held on October 8 in Shanghai. Fifty students from the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Macao spoke on the subject: “What the Olympics mean to me.” Pan impressed the judges with her impressive language skills. Starting learning English at the age of 5, Pan said she fell in with the language when she first watched the American video Family Album in the third grade. After she finished the whole series, she got an American accent and a taste for American dramas. Pan thinks English is an important tool for communicating with people of different cultures. The summer she graduated from junior high school, she joined an exchange student program to find her way home.
At San Francisco airport, she got separated from her group and ended up in a wr ong departure lounge( 候机厅 ). She used English to ask for directions. After walking around and taking a train between several terminals(终点站), she finally found her place and boarded it on time. “The experience always reminds me of how important it is to learn English well,” she said, laughing. 31. Pan won the English Speaking Competition mainly because of ______. A. her excellent English language skills B. her love for hot TV show House C. her experience of finding her way at the airport D. joining an exchange student program in America 32. Pan’s experience at San Francisco airport tells us _______. A. that the more friends we make, the easier things become B. that we should always stay with our group members C. how important it is to be on time for the plane D. how important it is to learn English well 33. The author’s attitude towards English-learning by watching TV is ______. A. supportive B. doubtful C. serious B D. funny
Nervous suspects(嫌疑犯) in Britain’s newest police station may feel a bit more relaxed by a pleasant yellow color on the door. If they are to confess a crime(坦 白罪行), the blue one on the wall may help. Gwent Police have given up colors such as grey and brown in the 20th-century police cells(牢房) and have used color psychology to decorate them. Ystrad Mynach station has four cells with g lass doors for prisoners who suffer from the complete loneliness. Designers have painted the frames yellow, which researchers say is a calming color. Other cells have a royal blue line because the color can encourage truthfulness. The station has 31 cells, including 12 with a “live scan” system for drunken prisoners, which watches the rise and fall of their chests. An alarm sounds if a prisoner’s breathing stops and goes on ringing until the door is opened. Designers and psychologists have worked for years on color. It is said that blue means trust, duty, coolness and calmness. It also means coldness and unfriendliness. Strong blues are believed to help people think clearly and lighter; softer colors will calm the mind. Yellow is linked with self-respect and friendliness. Get the color wrong and it could cause fear, depression( 压抑 ) and worry, but the right yellow can lift
spirits and self-respect. Ingrid Collins, who has been doing the experiments about the effects of color, said color was an “energy force”. She said, “Blue is of some help to communication but I’m not sure whether it is helpful to truthful communication.” Yellow works on the mind, she said. Red, on the other hand, should never be considered because it could increase aggression(攻击). Mrs. Collins praised the designers for using colors in the cells. Gwent is not the first British force to experiment with color to calm down or make prisoners co-operate. In the 1990s, Strathclyde Police used pink in the cells after they studied the result of the research carried out by American scientists. 34. Which colors have been given up at Gwent police cells nowadays? A. Pink and red. C. Blue and dark. A. Scanning equipment. C. Glass doors. B. Yellow and green. D. Grey and brown. B. Royal blue lines. D. Yellow frames.
35. What can make police officers know that someone stops breathing?
36. We can learn from the passage that _______. A. yellow helps make prisoners suffering from loneliness calm down B. grey and brown have not been used to decorate cells in the world now C. American scientists are the first to try on color to calm down prisoners D. Ingrid Collins doesn’t believe that blue can help truthful communication 37. What could be the best title of the passage? A. Yellow and Blue—Two Best Colors B. The Use of Color Psychology in Cells C. Scientific Ways to Watch Prisoners D. Different Social Functions of Colors C Could you get away from t he Internet today and not go online again for 12 months? For many of us, the answer is probably an emphatic “No!”—the Internet has become part of our life and we have a hard time without it. But Paul, a 26-year-old writer at The Verge, a technology website, just did the seemingly impossible: he survived a year without the Internet. Beginning on Oct. 30, 2011, he didn’t read e-mail, type a word into Google or download a single app. He lived his entire year offline in hope of finding out more about himself and focusing on other activities. But on November 1, 2012, Paul turned on the Wi Fi on his laptop and i-Pad. “I was wrong,” he began. His article is titled “I’m still here: back online after a year without the Internet.” At first, the was encouraged to “stop and smell the flowers by a new friend he made at the beginning of his Internet-free adventure”. And that is what he intended to do. He described the first months of 2011 as full
of surprising events: real life meetings, bike rides and reading. Besides, his relationships with his family got closer. He visited his brother’s family instead of using Facebook to communicate with them. But as the months went by, Paul “had learned how to make a new style of wrong choices off the Internet”. The learning and creativity turned into social retreat(隐退). Instead of reading and writing, he started playing video games for hours on his sofa. He missed some of his Facebook and long-distance friends. “I fell out of the flow of life.” he wrote, “The experiment was a failure. My plan was to leave the Internet and therefore find the ‘real’ Paul and contact the ‘real’ world, but the real Paul and the real world are always connected to the Internet. Not to say my life wasn’t different without the Internet, jus that it wasn’t real life. The Internet is where people are.” 38. The underlined word “emphatic” means doing or saying something ______. A. in a definite way C. in a delighted manner B. with great interest D. without a clear attitude
39. Paul decided to spend a year offline because _______. A. he wanted to have more adventure in his life B. he was tired of sitting in front of his computer all day C. he wanted to discover more about himself and the world D. he missed his long-distance friends and his family members 40. What happened after Paul stopped using the Internet in the first months? A. He spent all the time reading and meeting people. B. He became interested in adventures around the world. C. He played computer games and did some experiments. D. He i mproved his relationships with his family members. 41. We can conclude from the passage that Paul has realized that ______. A. the Internet has become part of our life today B. an Internet-free life is a healthier life C. there is no need to contact the real world D. without the Internet, one can enjoy life better D Does the Yangtze River still have baiji(白鳍豚), the graceful, grey dolphin with tiny eyes and a long narrow beak? Since November 6, a team of scientists from China, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States, Germany and Japan had been searching for any sign of the freshwater dolphin in the middle and lower sections of the river. After six weeks, they came back empty-handed. Wang Ding, head of the team, said he had seen a sharp drop in the baiji population over the past few decades. However, he was still unwilling to call the species extinct and added, “We will try every effort to save
them as long as they are not found to be extinct.” As one of the world’s oldest dolphin species, the baiji is shy and nearly blind. It dates back about 20 million years and is found only in the Yangtze River. It’s listed as one of the 12 most endangered animal species in the world. Around 400 baiji were believed to be living in the Yangtze until the 1 980s. In 1997, a survey spotted 13. Two years later their number was down to zero. The rapi d disappearance of this dolphin over the past two decades coincided(巧 合) with the rapid expansion of economic development along the river. Researchers on some dead baiji collected in recent years showed that more than 90 percent of the deaths were caused by human activities. One reason is that over-fishing has cut the dolphin’s food sources. Dams built along the river and neighbouring waterways have also kept them from swimming into and out of their habitats. Meanwhile, waste discharge(排放) has seriously polluted the river. And heavy river traffic has greatly reduced their living space. The disappearance of the baiji would be the first case of a large aquatic(水 生的) mammal being driven to extinction since hunting killed off the monk seal around 1952. 42. This passage mainly tells us _______. A. the fact that Baiji is in danger and the reason why its number reduces B. people are trying efforts to save Baij i as long as they find them C. human activities have caused 90 percent of Baiji’s deaths D. how serious the pollution is long the Yangtze River 43. It is known from the passage that _____. A. scientists from foreign countries have searched for Baiji for 6 years B. Baiji is a large aquatic mammal which is in danger of extinction C. Baiji becomes endangered all because of human’s activities D. there are 12 endangered species altogether in the world 44. We can infer from the passage that _______. A. riverside constructions have affected the living environment of animals B. Baiji is one of the world’s oldest species and lives longer than humans C. it is the waste discharge that has poisoned Baiji in Yangtze River D. nowadays scientists are no longer able to save Baiji at all 45. This passage is most probably taken from ______. A. a student’s diary B. a tour guidebook C. a Biology textbook D. a science magazine 第四节 根据短文内容，从短文后的七个选项中选出正确的填入空白处。选项中有两项为多 余选项。 （共 10 分） Evaluating Sources (来源) of health Information Making good choices about your own health requires reasonable evaluation. A key firs t step in bettering your evaluation ability is to look carefully at your sources of healthy information. Reasonable evaluation includes knowing where and how to find
relevant information, how to separate fact from opinions, how to recognize poor reasoning, and how to analyze information and the reliability of sources. 1 Go to the original source. Media reports often simplify the results of medical research. Find out for yourself what a study really reported, and determine whether it was based on good science. Think about the type of study. 2 Watch for misleading language. Some studies will find that a behavior “contributes to” or is “associated with” an outcome; this does not mean that a certain course must lead to a certain result. 3 Carefully read or listen to information in order to fully understand it. Use your common sense. If a report seems too good to be true, probably it is. Be especially careful of information contained in advertisements. 4 Evaluate “scientific” statements carefully, and be aware of quackery(江湖骗术). 5 Friends and family members can be a great source of ideas and inspiration, but each of us needs to find a healthy lifestyle that works for us. Developing the ability to evaluate reasonably and independently about the health problems will serve you well throughout your life. A. Make choice that are right for you. B. The g oal of an ad is to sell you something. C. Be sure to work through the critical questions. D. And examine the findings of the original research. E. Distinguish between research reports and public health advice. F. Be aware that information may also be incorrectly explained by an author’s point of view. G. The following suggestions can help you sort through the health information you receive from common sources. 第Ⅱ卷(非选择题, 共 40 分) 第一节 短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) We took part in a mountain climbing was organized by our school in April 10. At 8:00 am, we gathered at the foot of the mountain but set out for the top. All the way we were chatting, singing and laughing, enjoyed the fresh air and the beautiful scenery. While some fell behind, others will come and help. About 2 hours later, we all reached the top. They jumped and cheered with joy. At 6:00 pm, we got back home, tired but happily. The activity not only got us close to the nature and helped us to get relaxed from our heavy school work, but also developed the friendship among all of us. How a wonderful time!
第三节 书面表达(满分 25 分) 假如你是中学生王平， 现打算竞选你校国际青年志愿者组织新一届主席。 请按以下提示， 用英语写一篇参选演讲稿。 1.自己的性格及能力； 2.对该组织校内活动的设想； 3. 对该组织国际交流活动的设想； 4. 呼吁支持，做出承诺。 注意：1.词数：100 字左右：演讲稿的开头及结尾已给出，不计入总此数。 2. 可适当增加细节，使行文连贯。 参考词汇：竞选 run for 国际青年志愿者组织 the International Youth Volunteers Good afternoon, my dear friends! My Name is Wang Ping. _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ ______________ ________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ __________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________ ___ ______________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________Thank you!