体验 探究 合作 展示
长春市十一高中 2015-2016 学年度高一上学期期初考试 英 语 试 题
本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）两部分。共 120 分，考试时间 100 分钟。 第Ⅰ卷 选择题（满分 66 分） 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中 选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读 下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What does the man advise the woman to borrow? A. The novel. B. The cook book. 2. How will the man go home? A. By car. B. By bus. 3. What will the man do? A. Go for a walk. B. Take a rest. 4. What are the speakers mainly talking about? A. A picture. B. The woman’s son. 5. How does the man feel now? A. Upset. B. Nervous.
C. The law book. C. By train. C. Prepare for a test. C. Christmas plans. C. Worried.
第二节 (共 15 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项 中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。
6. What does the man play now? A. The piano. B. The guitar. 7. What do we know about the woman? A. She plays the piano better than the man. B. She wants to change to another instrument. C. She has given up the violin.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。
C. The violin.
8. Who is the woman probably? A. A house agent. B. A customer. 9. Why wasn’t the man’s room cleaned? A. He didn’t leave his room key. B. He stayed in his room all day. C. The maid forgot to clean it. C. A hotel clerk.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。
10. Where are the speakers? A. At a meeting. B. At a party. 11. What does Anne look like? A. She has long hair. B. She has blonde eyes. C. She is tall. 12. What does the man say about the twins? A. They are easy to get to know. B. They are humorous. C. They always wear same clothes.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。
C. At a wedding.
13. Where is the man? A.At home. B. At his office. 14. When does the speakers’ plane take off? A. At 3:30. B. At 4:00. 15. What does the man ask the woman to do? A. Buy him a sweater. B. Pick him up at four. C. Book a taxi. 16. What will the man do after arriving in Florida? A. Make a phone call to his mother. B. Take his mother to hospital. C. Attend a meeting.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。
C. At a travel agency. C. At 5:30.
17. At what time of the school term does the talk take place? A. At the beginning of it. B. In the middle of it. C. At the end of it. 18. Who will talk about the courses and requirements? A. The head of the school. B. The Director of Studies. C. The Student Advisor. 19. Where will the students take a test? A. In Classroom 11. B. In Classroom 10. C. In Classroom 5. 20. What will the students do in the afternoon? A. Have a computer class. B. Listen to a speech. C. Go to the library.
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共一节，满分 20 分) 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分,满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项。
Years ago， my husband gave me Sam， an eight-week-old dog， to help me ease the loss of our daughter. Later our neighbor，whose cat had 21 had kittens(小猫)， asked us if we would like one. We were afraid that Sam would not be 22 ，but we finally 23 to take a kitten.
We picked a gray and playful cat. She 24 around running after imaginary (想象中的)mice and jumped from table to chair very 25 ，so we named her Lightning． At 26 ，Sam and Lightning were not close to each other. But slowly, Lightning started 27 Sam. They slept，ate and played together. When I took 28 one out of the house， the other was always 29 by the door when we returned. That was the 30 it was for years. Then，without any 31 ，Sam suddenly died of a weak heart. This time， there was no Sam for Lightning to greet and no way to 32 why she would never see her friend again. In the 33 that followed，Lightning seemed heartbroken. She could not 34 me in words that she was 35 ，but I could see the pain and 36 in her eyes. The weeks 37 by，and the cat’s sorrow seemed to be lifting. One day as I walked into our living room，I 38 to have a look at the floor next to our sofa 39 we had a statue(雕像)of Sam that we had bought a few years before. Lying next to the statue，one arm around the statue’s neck，was Lightning，sleeping with her best 40 . D. never 21．A. lastly B. recently C. firstly 22．A. glad B. excited C. disappointed D. sad 23．A. decided B. discussed C. told D. said 24．A. walked B. climbed C. raced D. hid 25．A. slowly B. quickly C. carefully D. bravely 26．A. last B. noon C. night D. first 27．A. leaving B. catching C. hating D. following 28．A. neither B. both C. either D. any 29．A. waiting B. sleeping C. crying D. barking 30．A. road B. path C. way D. street 31．A. words B. diseases C. fear D. warning 32．A. talk B. explain C. think D. write D. years 33．A. days B. weeks C. seasons 34．A. express B. tell C. report D. say 35．A. enjoying B. doing C. suffering D. missing 36．A. disappointment B. anger C. happiness D. fun 37．A. came B. went C. ran D. walked 38．A. seemed B. appeared C. happened D. meant B. which 39．A. what C. that D. where 40．A. chair B. sofa C. enemy D. friend
第三部分 阅读理解（共两节,满分 26 分） 第一节(共 8 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 16 分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。
A What is language for? Some people seem to think it's for practicing grammar rules and learning lists of words—The longer the lists, the better. That’s wrong. Language is for the exchange of ideas and information. It’s meaningless knowing all about a language if you can’t use it freely.
Many students I have met know hundreds of grammar rules, but they can't speak correctly or fluently. They are afraid of making mistakes. One shouldn’t be afraid of making mistakes when speaking a foreign language. Native speakers make mistakes and break rules, too. Bernard Shaw once wrote, “Foreigners often speak English too correctly.’’ But the mistakes that native speakers make are different from those that Chinese students make. They’re English mistakes in the English language. And if enough native speakers break a rule, it is no longer a rule. What used to be wrong becomes right. People not only make history, but they also make language. But a people (民族) can only make its own language. It can’t make another people’s language. So Chinese students of English should pay attention to grammar, but they shouldn’t overdo it. They should put communication first. 41. According to the passage, language is used to ________? A. express oneself B. learn lists of words C. practise grammar rules D. talk with foreigns only 42. Generally speaking, when an American or an Englishman speaks English, he or she ________. A. never makes mistakes B. often makes mistakes C. always makes mistakes D. can’t avoid making mistakes 43. The underlined sentence “Foreigners often speak English too correctly.” means that “________” A. Foreigners speak correct English. B. Foreigners speak incorrect English. C. Foreigners speak English according to the grammar rules. D. Foreigners never make mistakes when they speak English. 44. If too many native speakers break a rule, ________. A. they are against the law B. what they use will become right C. what they say will not be understood D. they should say sorry to others B Years ago，when I founded the Garden of Friendship，I had no idea it would play such an important role in the lives of so many of our members. To many of us，the Garden of Friendship has become a home in our lives. Many of our members are disabled(残疾的)，limited to our homes and the Garden offers what may not be possible in everyday life. Others turn to the many wonderful friends we have found within our Garden Gates. The Garden has touched our lives and hearts in many ways，yet the biggest reward of membership remains the same. That is, we share the special bond of Friendship. As the Garden celebrates Five Years of Friendship， I would like to express a special
thank you to each of our members for the role you play in our success. I would like to express a special thank you to our entire leadership team. Our Committee Leaders and Assistants do a wonderful job keeping all the individual( 个人的 ) groups running smoothly. I’d also like to express my deepest thanks to my Sister Garden Keepers. Together， the ten Garden Keepers handle all the Garden of Friendship administration(管 理)，site maintenance(维护)，discuss new ideas，deal with problems and keep in touch with all our individual group leaders. Congratulations to our entire Garden Family as we celebrate this wonderful milestone( 里 程 碑 ) together. I look forward to celebrating many more years of friendship together in the future. Special thanks to everyone for the love and contributions you so generously give to the Garden. Happy Fifth Birthday Garden of Friendship! 45. What do you think the author of the passage is? A. She is a new member of the Garden of Friendship. B. She is a disabled woman who has never left her home. C. She is one of the women who found friends there. D. She is the founder of the Garden of Friendship. 46. The ten Garden Keepers do all of the following jobs except ________. A. handling the administration B. repairing computers C. discussing new ideas D. dealing with problems 47. What is the main purpose of the author in writing the passage? A. To express her thanks to those who have contributed to the Garden. B. To invite all of us to join the Garden of Friendship. C. To give us a description of the Garden of Friendship. D. To let us know the origin of the Garden of Friendship. 48. What is the Garden of Friendship according to the passage? A. It is a place where people can make friends in our every life. B. It is an organization which helps people with disability. C. It is a website where people can develop friendship. D. It is a garden which is managed by a lot of friends.
第二节(共 5 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。
Does this situation seem familiar(熟悉) to you？Your English is progressing well， the grammar is now familiar，the reading comprehension is no problem，and you are speaking quite fluently. 49 First of all，remember that you are not alone. Listening is probably the most difficult job for almost all learners of English as a foreign language. The most important thing is to listen as often as possible. 50 The Internet is really a useful tool for English students. You can download The RealPlayer from RealMedia.com. The RealPlayer allows you to use the Internet like a radio station. Once you have begun to listen on a regular basis，you might still be upset by
limited understanding. 51 Here is some of the advice I give my students： ?Accept the fact that you are not going to understand everything. ?Stay relaxed when you do not understand，and try listening to the material for more times. ?Do not translate everything into your native language. ? 52 Don’t concentrate on details(细节) before you have understood the main ideas. ?Listen to something you enjoy. I remember the problems I had in understanding spoken German when I first went to Germany. In the beginning， when I didn’t understand a word， I kept on translating(翻 译) it in my mind. This method usually resulted in confusion（困惑）. 53 Firstly，translating creates a barrier（障碍） between the listener and the speaker. Secondly，most people repeat themselves continuously. By remaining calm，I noticed that even if I didn’t pay much attention I could usually understand what the speaker had said. A. What should you do? B. Listen for the general idea of the conversation. C. But listening is a problem for most of the beginners! D. So，what you need to do is to find listening resources. E. But you can’t follow a native English speaker at all! F. Then，after the first six months，I discovered two extremely important facts. G. However，after several weeks，I got used to the new environment in Germany. 第 II 卷 非选择题题（满分 54 分）
第四部分 写作（共四节，满分 54 分） 第一节 单词拼写（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请根据句子意思在空白处填写单词，每空一词，注意词形变化。
54. The ship—Titanic sank on its first v________. 55. The mother tried to c__________ down her crying baby. 56. The e__________ on his face showed that he was surprised. 57. Although they are twins, they look e__________ different. 58. She was born in Germany and her n___________ language is German. 59. Here is an ________ (官方的)letter for you. 60. He has made a slow________ (恢复)from a heart attack. 61. We __________(不一致) on which movie to see last night. 62. They bought some furniture for their new ________ (公寓). 63. He looked calm, but ________ (实际上)he was very nervous. 64. Visitors are ________ (要求)not to take photos in the museum. 65. All of his __________(伙伴) helped him through the hard time. 66. Jack spent his weekend cleaning his _________(积满灰尘的)room.
67. He came to our shop so ________ (频繁地) that we were all familiar with him. 68. We will have a long way to go to solve all the problems_________ (涉及)the Yangtze River.
第二节 完成句子 （共 7 小题；每题 2 分，满分 14 分）
69. _________ ________ (尽管,即使) I failed this time, I will try again. 70. He realized that she was crying _________ ________ (因为)what he had said. 71. I _________ ________ (患病)a heavy cold and couldn’t sleep well. 72. The girl is busy _________ ________ (打包)her things in the suitcase. 73. All the soldiers were ________ _______ __________ (由他指挥). 74. How are you ________ _______ __________ (进展) your English? 75. Few students ________ _______ __________ (对......厌烦)listening to music.
第三节 单句改错 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面每个句子都只有一处语言错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。多 改或不按格式要求改不得分。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（?） ，并在其下面写出该词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
76. What good command of English Jack has! 77. Mike had fallen in love with Janet for two years. 78. Do you know there are more than one kind of English? 79. The question was came up in the discussion yesterday. 80. The teacher said light traveled much faster than sound. 81. It was the second time in one year that I visited the Great Wall. 82. Believe it or not, there is no such thing like standard English. 83. Who do you suggest being sent to join in the speaking competition? 84. The girl remained silent in class unless asking to answer questions. 85. I can well remember that there was a time that a deep blue sky and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.
第四节 书面表达 (满分 15 分) 假如你是李华，你的朋友 Jack 正在美国学习汉语。他学习汉语非常吃力，不知怎么学， 请你给出建议，帮助他渡过难关。 内容要点如下： 1．多听中文广播，多看报。 2．找中国人聊天。 3．用汉语写日记。只要坚持下去，就一定能学会。
注意： 1. 词数 120 左右； 2．可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3．信的开头结尾已为你写好，不计入总词数。
Dear Jack， I'm ____________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________ Yours， Li Hua
体验 探究 合作 展示
考 号 ：
英 语 答 题 纸
单词拼写（每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
55. ____________ 58. ____________ 61. ____________ 64. ____________ 67. ____________
56. ____________ 59. ____________ 62. ____________ 65. ____________ 68. ____________
57. ____________ 60. ____________
63. ____________ 66. ____________
姓 名 ：
完成句子 （每题 2 分，满分 14 分）
69.____________ ____________70. ____________ ____________ 71.____________ ____________72. ____________ ____________ 73. ____________ ____________ 74.____________ ____________ 75. ____________ ____________
单句改错 (每小题 1 分,满分 10 分) ____________ ____________ ____________.
76. What good command of English Jack has! 77. Mike had fallen in love with Janet for two years. 78. Do you know there are more than one kind of English? 79. The question was came up in the discussion yesterday. 80. The teacher said light traveled much faster than sound. 81. It was the second time in one year that I visited the Great Wall.
82. Believe it or not, there is no such thing like standard English. 83. Who do you suggest being sent to join in the speaking competition? 84. The girl remained silent in class unless asking to answer questions. 85. I can well remember that there was a time that a deep blue sky and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.
书面表达 (满分 15 分)
Dear Jack， I'm _________________________________
Yours， Li Hua 座位号
高一上期初英语答案 客观卷：1-20 ACCAA BBCAB ABBCC AABCB 21-40 BAACB DDCAC DBABC ABCDD 41-44ADCB 45-48DBAC 49-53EDABF 主观卷： 54-69 voyage calm expression entirely native official recovery disagreed apartment/flat actually requested/required partners dusty frequently concerning 69. Even if/though 70. because of 71. suffered from 72. packing up 73. under his command 74. getting on/along with 75.are/get tired of 76-85 加 a； been; is ；was 去掉 ；travels; 加 had; as; be; asked ; when 写作： Dear_Jack， I'm sorry to hear that you have difficulty in learning Chinese. However, the situation is easy to change if you take my advice. Here are the tips to help you： Firstly, why not listen to Chinese broadcast and read Chinese newspaper? If you do
that, you will improve your Chinese step by step. Secondly, you should make Chinese friends as many as possible. You can talk to them in Chinese when you meet. In that way you will learn Chinese quickly. Thirdly, it would be a good idea to keep a diary in Chinese. As long as you work hard at Chinese, I think you will learn it well. Just as the saying goes: where there is a will, there is a way. I hope you will find these ideas useful. Yours， Li_Hua