承诺书 签名：—————— 本人郑重承诺，一定在本次考试中严格遵守学校 考试制度，认真备考，不做有违考场规定的行为！
金川区宁远中学 2016~2017 学年度 第二学期期中考试·八年级英语·试卷
Ⅱ Ⅲ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ 总 分 总分人 复核人
A. didn`t hear
C. didn`t know
III.语法与情景会话（每小题 1 分，共 25 分）
题号 得分 得分
答案 题号 答案
I.单词辨音：选出下列每组单词中划线部分读音不同的一项 （每小题 1 分，共 5 分）
( ) 1. A. foot B. owner B. death B.spirit B. change B. blood C. tower C. beat C. provide C. waste C. wood D. look D. borrow D. headache D. silk D. passenger
( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( (
)21. --What?s __________ ? A . the wrong A. it, to learn A . although A. stay, get
-- I have a sore back. C. matter C. that, learning D. because D. trouble D. that, to learn
B. the matter B. it, learning B. so that
) 22. She finds ____ hard _____ English well. )23. She always gets up early_________ she can catch the early bus to school. C. but )24. My father used to ______up late, but now he is used to _____up early. B. stayed , getting B. alone , lonely B. surprised C. stay ,getting D. staying ,get C. lonely , alone D. lonely , lonely D. surprise D. give in them )25. The old man lives _____,but he never feels ________. A. alone , alone A. surprises )26. To his _____, he has passed the English exam. C. surprising ) 27. Bob wants to fix up the bikes and _________ to the poor children. A . give away them B. give them away C. give up them )28. --- Could I _____some money from you? --Sorry, I ______it to my friend just now.
( ( (
) 2.A. throw ) 3. A. deaf ) 4. A. kid ) 5. A. hate 评卷人
Ⅱ.词汇(每小题1分，15分) A. 用所给单词的适当形式填空。
6. Look! It is raining_______________(heavy) . 7. We all know the ____________(important) of learning English.
不 内 线 学号：
8. He tried to fix up the ______________(break) window. 9. The boy never tells the _______________(true). 10. The young men always finish their work by ____________(they)
11. I was (紧张的)when the teacher asks me to answer the question. 12.Who gave their_______________(意见)about the problem? 13. It`s ________________( 不公正的 ) for me to say that. 14..Robert and his friends were _____________(完全)surprised to hear the news.
A. borrow , lent B. borrow ,lend C. lend , borrow D. lent , borrow. )29. ________you study , _________your parents are . A. The harder , the happyer C. The harder , the happy ( ( A . not to draw B. The harder , the happier D. The hard , the happier C. not draw D. not drawing
15.You can make a _________________(决定) whether to go or not.
( ( )16. Students don`t know how to take care of themselves. A. look for B.look after B. used up C. care about C. eaten up D. look out D. given up C.is similar to D. find out D. is the same as )17. I ran out of my money. A.set up ( ( ( A.looks after A.give out )18. She takes after her mother. B. takes care of B. look out )19. Please hand out the papers to others. C.take out )20. Until he told me,I had no idea of it.
)30. Could you __________ pictures on the wall? B. don?t draw ) 31. Gina eats ________ junk food so she is __________fat. A . too many, too much B. too much, too many C. too much, much too D. too many, much too
( ( (
) 32. Thanks for ________me. A. invitation A. turn up B. invite B. turn off C. inviting C. turn on D. to invite D. turn down D,excited, exciting )33. Please _________the radio. It?s too loud. )34. Everybody was ____ when they heard the____news . A, excited , excited B, exciting, exciting C,exciting, excited
八年级英语 第 1 页（共 4 页）
( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( 得分
)35. They will go fishing _____ going hiking. A. as well as A. until A. All A. put on A. am doing A. argue A. too, to A. If . A, to A. help; learn B . in order to C. but C. instead D. And -D. None D. put up D. did of them. I like tea. D. instead of )36. The little boy didn?t go to bed ______ his mother came back. B. so that B. Both B. put off B. was doing B. argued C. arguing C. as, as )37. -- Which do you like better, coffee or juice? C. Neither C. put away
52. We should never ____________________________till tomorrow what we should do today. 53. My alarm didn`t __________________ so I got up late. 54. Don`t worry. Things will ____________________. 55. Parents are always ____________us _______ other children. 56. Would you mind ____________ ________with my classmates. 57. Why don`t you__________________ __________ your parents. 58. Kate doesn`t want to___________ _________learning the piano. 59.Sandy looks sad. Let`s go and _________ him_________. 60. He found his sister_______________ _______________ his things yesterday. 得分 评卷人
)38. Our school had to _____the soccer games because of the bad weather. )39. I_______ my homework at nine o'clock last Sunday morning. C. do )40. Our parents don`t allow us _____ with others at school. D. to argue D. so; that D. Whether )41. He is _____ kind_____ all the students like him. B enough,to B. Although B, with C, as )42.____ I got there early, I didn`t get a ticket. C. Because D, for C. to help; learning D. help; to learn )43. Some parents are always comparing their children ___ other children. )44. We decide _____him_______ French. B. to help; to learn )45. —Could yo u please pass me the book?— A. Yes, I could. B.No, I couldn?t. C.Sure, here you are. D.No, that?s no problem. 评卷人
V.按要求完成句子（每空 1 分，共 20 分） A) 按要求转换下列句子，每空一词。 （每空 1 分，共 10 分）
61. Ben did his homework last night.（ 用 at that time 改写）
Ben ___________ ___________ his homework at that time last night. 62 The girl was shopping when the rainstorm came.(划线部分提问) ___________ was the girl _________ when the rainstorm came? 63. I think you should fold your clothes. (改为否定句) I _________ think you________ fold your clothes. 64. Why don?t you talk to your parents? （改为同义句） _____ __________ talk to your parents? 65. Marry borrowed some money from Jane..（改为同义句） Jane ______________some money ______________Mary.
IV.动词考查（每小题 1 分，共 15 分） A)选择动词的适当形式填空。
( )46. I ____basketball with my friends when it rained? B. have played C. work C. read C. played D. playing
B) 根据汉语意思完成句子，每空限填一词。 （每空1分，共10分） 66.对于每个人来说，与他人友好相处是很重要的。
It?s very important for everyone to _____ ________well with others.
A. was playing ( ( ( (
67. 别过多的依靠父母。Don`t __________ 68. 因为你的帮助，我通过了这次考试。
69.为了进入好的大学，我们必须努力学习。 We must study hard _______
__________ your parents too much.
)47. He kept on _______though his leg hurt． A. worked B. to work A. reading B. to read D. working D.has read C. doing, to go C. writes look through give up D. to do, going D. write cheer up go off put off work out )48. His mother lets him ______an English story every day. )49. When I finish _____ my homework, I need _____ swimming. A. doing, going B. to do, to go A. to write communicate with compare…with B. writing hang out come up with )50. Linda is making a plan __________a book about Chinese history.
__________ __________ your help ,I passed the big exam. _______ _______ get into a good university.
70. 10 月1日对每一个中国人来说都有意义。
October 1st ________ _________ ______ each Chinese
VI.完形填空（每小题 1 分，共 10 分）
题号 答案 It was very cold 71 a winter morning. Mr Black was walking along the street to him.The boy was in such a hurry 73 when he heard a cry for help. He turned around but could see nobody. He stopped and looked here and there. At the moment, a boy 72 he couldn?t say a word except pointing towards the river. Mr Black realized what had happened 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
51. Thank you for ________________________________a good idea to get good grades.
八年级英语 第 2 页（共 4 页）
and ran to the river as soon as possible. girl in the water. She the river. He 78 75
of them ran along the river and saw a 76 . 77 as he could, and jumped into
a piece of wood. It was carrying her away. It was too
Without a word, Mr Black took off his clothes as then the boy helped 79
to the girl and took her back near the bank and lifted the girl up, and her out of the water. Then they stopped a car and took the girl
to the 80 . At last the girl?s life was saved, and she thanked them very much. ( )71. A. in B. on C. at D.for ( )72. A. walked up B. looked out C. rushed out D. ran up ( )73. A. so B. and C . that D.but ( )74. A. All B. Both C. Neither D.either ( )75. A. was holding B. was lifting C. is taking D.is pushing ( )76. A. heavy B. exciting C. dangerous D.interesting ( )77. A. slowly B. carefully C. quickly D.quietly ( )78. A. swam B. ran C. flew D.walked ( )79. A. push B. pull C. bring D.take ( )80. A. house B. school C. park D. hospital 得分 评卷人
VII.阅读理解 （每小题 2 分，共 40 分）
题号 答案 题号 答案 91 92 【 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
【A】 The Americans think a lot about time. From childhood they learn to value(珍惜) time. As children, they are taught to be on time to go to school, to do work and to do everything. When they are having a good time, they say that time flies. When a person is dying, they say he is living on borrowed time. Time is money. Time is everything in America. A working American has to work hard for 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week. This is the working time. In his free time, he also works hard for money. Even Saturdays and Sundays are filled with activities. In street you can hardly see a man who walks slowly. They walk very fast, and even they are running. They love time because time brings them money, comforts and progress. But sometimes they also hate time, for they feel they have become servants(仆人) of the clock. 根据短文内容判断下列各句正（T）误（F） 81. The Americans think a little about time. 82. In his free time, an American usually gets more money by work. 83. A working American has to work six days a week. 84. Americans walk very fast, because they like running. 85.The Americans love time, but sometimes they also hate time.
【B】 Since last year, I have worked in a foreign company in my city. I always have lots of work to do. However, no matter how busy I am every day, I won?t forget one important thing. That is to meet my daughter Sally at her school gate on time. After getting home, we go to the park in our neighborhood. Sally plays there. I just wait for her. Every time I tell her that it?s time to go back home, Sally answers, “Five more minutes, Dad!” I always smile and say “OK” to her. “What a patient father you are! Your kid is so lucky to have a father like you!” Every time I hear such words, I feel that being a father makes me really proud.In fact, I didn?t use to spend lots of time with Sally. I didn?t change until Tom?s son died in a traffic accident. Tom told me that he never spent much time with his son, not even five minutes a day. I can never forget Tom?s sadness. At that time I decided not to make the same mistake as Tom had made. I think that when my daughter wants more time to play, I will spend more time enjoying being with her. Life is uncertain. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. So, please give someone you love another five minutes every day. 86. The writer ________ every day. A. meets his daughter at the school gate B. has nothing to do C. doesn?t care much about his work D. takes his daughter to school 87. The writer always waits his daughter for another five minutes because ________. A. he is patient B. he likes to be with your daughter C. he doesn?t want his daughter to be sad D. he thinks playing more is good for Sally 88. ________ made the writer know it?s important to be with her daughter. A. An traffic accident B. What Tom said C. Tom?s son D. The death of Tom 89. Which of the following is Wrong? A. The writer had worked in the company for two years. B. After school, the writer always takes Sally to the park near his house. C. Tom used to spend little time with his son. D. The writer spends five minutes longer with his daughter than he used to be. 90. Which is the best title of the passage? A. A Patient Father B. A Lovely Girl C. Life Is Uncertain D. Five Minutes 【C】 It was a cold night. The taxi driver didn't take even one passenger all day. When he went by the train station, he saw a young man coming out with two bags in his hands. So he drove to him and asked, “Where are you going, sir？”To the MP Hotel，” the young man answered. When the taxi driver heard this， he didn't feel happy any more. The young man would give him only three dollars because the hotel was near the train station. But suddenly， he had an idea. He took the young man through many streets of the big city. After a long time, they arrived at the hotel. “Here we are! You should pay me seventeen dollars, please,” the taxi driver said to the young man. “What? Seventeen dollars! Do you think I'm a fool? Only last week，I took a taxi from the train station to this hotel and I only gave the driver fifteen dollars. I know how much I have to pay for the trip.”[来源
八年级英语 第 3 页（共 4 页）
91. What was the weather like that night? A．It was warm. A．far from B．It was cold. C．It was hot. D. It was cool. B．in C．near D. across from 92. The MP Hotel was________ the train station. 93. The taxi driver and the young man got to the hotel________． A．very soon B．after a long time C．at once D. in twenty minutes 94. The young man thought he should pay________ dollars for the trip. A．50 B．15 C．17 D.55 B.the young man knew the way to the MP Hotel 【D】 Do You Remember What You Were Doing? People often remember what they were doing when they heard the news of important events in history. In America, for example, many people remember what they were doing on April 4,1968.This was an important event in American history. On this day, Dr. Martin Luther King was killed. Although some people may not remember who killed him, they remember what they were doing when they heard the news. (1) Robert Allen is now over 50,but he was a school pupil at that time.“I was at home with my parents,” Robert remembers.“We were eating dinner in the kitchen when we heard the news on the radio.The news reporter said,?Dr.King died just 10 minutes ago.? My parents were completely shocked!My parents did not talk after that,and we finished the rest of our dinner in silence.”More recently,most Americans remember what they were doing when the World Trade Center in New York was taken down by terrorists.Even the date — September 11,2001 — has meaning to most Americans.This was a day Kate Smith will never forget.She remembers working in her office near the two towers.“My friend shouted that a plane just hit the World Trade Center! I didn?t believe him at first, but then I looked out the window and realized that it was true. I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that.” ( )96.Which of the following is TRUE? A.Everyone in America remember who killed Dr. King B. Kate was watching Tv when a plane hit the World Trade Center. C. Robert?s parents were shocked th hear the news. D. Robert was eating lunch when Dr. King was killed.. 97..将第一段划线句子翻译成汉语:_______________________________________________ 98. 将最后一段划线句子改为同义句:____________________________________________ 99. 根据原文填空: September 11 ，2001 has __________ to most American. 100. When was the the World Trade Center in New York was taken down ? ______________ 95. From the passage，we know that ________. A．the two taxi drivers were honest C．the young man came to the MP Hotel last week D.The second driver is a good man.
VIII.补全对话： （10 分）根据对话内容，从方框内的选项中选出能填入空白处 的最佳选项，其中有两个多余选项。
A: 101__________________ B: I was flying a kite. A: 102__________________ B : By the river. A lot of children were flying kites there ,too. A: It blew yesterday, didn?t it? B: 103__________ It was good weather for flying a kite. A: 104__________________ B: Zhang Lei and Liu Hua. They both bought two new kites and got there earlier than I did. A: Did you enjoy yourselves yesterday? B: 105__________________ A.Who helped you to mend the kite? B.What were you doing yesterday afternoon? C. Who did you fly kites with? D. Yes, but the wind wasn?t strong. E. Were you very busy yesterday? F. Where did you fly the kite? G. Yes, we did. We played there for about three hours. 101._____ 102_________103.________104_________105.______ B)根据对话内容，补全对话，使其完整、通顺。 （每空一词，5 分） A: You look sad. What`s the matter? A:108 ___you should 109____him up. B: I 106_____a fight with my best friend. B: I think so .Thanks for your___110. A: You could write him a letter. B: It`s a good idea.But I`m not good at107 ______. 106___________107___________108__________109________110_________
你在家经常做些什么家务？如；打扫房间，洗衣服，整理床铺，洗餐具等等。 谈谈你对做家务的看法， 依你看， 孩子在家应不应该做家务？你可能会用到的短语； (Hate to do sth, Don?t mind doing sth, In one?s opinion )注； （ 60-80 ）个 字
Let?s do chores ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________
八年级英语 第 4 页（共 4 页）