1. Letter of complaint
? 在日常生活中，消费者买到劣质、假冒商 品或服务人员态度粗暴时，写一封投诉信 是解决此类问题的第一步。 ? 注意事项：应客观讲述实际情况；言辞尽 可能冷静理智， 并表现出文明礼貌。
? 写信目的：应开门见山提出投诉的内容。 ? 事情经过：客观描述事情的原委，绝不能 杜撰或歪曲事实。 ? 造成影响：可写明此次事件对其公司以及 对于作者造成的不良影响。 ? 赔偿要求：就写明合法合理的赔偿要求， 或进一步要采取的行动。
complain v. 抱怨，投诉 goods n. 货物 defect n. 缺点，不足之处 flaw n.缺陷 hurt v. 伤害 endanger v. 危害，危及 service n. n.服务 missing adj. 漏掉的 quality n.质量 delay n. & v. 延误，延迟 inconvenience n. 不方便 make a complaint about 提出投诉
? concerning adj. 有关的 ? fault n. 错误， 差错 apologize v.道歉 ? due to 由于 solve a problem 解决问题 ? be unlikely to 不可能 ? complain about / of 投诉，抱怨…… ? look into 调查 ? take legal actions 采取法律行动
1. 我方写信投诉…… I am writing to complain about… (e.g.) 我方写信投诉货号为14478的装运。 I am writing to complain about the shipment of our Order No.14478. 2. 我方对你方提供的服务深感不满。 We are far from satisfied with the service you offer.
3. 以上所述远非贵店服务欠佳的全部情况。 The above points are by no means a comprehensive account of the many failings in your service. 4.贵店店员的愚蠢行为只会伤害贵店的真诚 顾客。 Your assistants’ foolish actions could well contribute to hurting genuine customers to your store.
5. 在此提请贵店注意对顾客的服务态度。 By writing you this letter I only mean that you should pay attention to your service for your customers. 6. 打开包装时，原本我要的…A…变成 了…B… On unpacking them I found that B had been sent, instead of A asked for.
? 但当我打开包装时发现，原本我要的轻质 松木餐桌（light pine-finished table)变 成了18张重质红木(heavy mahoganyfinished)餐桌. ? But on unpacking them I found that 18 heavy mahogany-finished tables had been sent, instead of the light pine-finished ones asked for.
7. 这种贵得多的产品在这有没有市场真是值 得怀疑。 It is doubtful that I will be able to find a market for more expensive products. 8. 我还是坚持要原来订的货。 I also have firm orders for the goods asked for.
9. 你方可否尽快派人送来并带回错发的商品? Would you send someone as soon as possible and at the same time pick up the wrongly delivered goods? 10. 若因延误送货造成的任何损失，我方会 采取合法的行动去追究。 If any loss results because of this late delivery we will be taking legal action.
E. sample writing
? 拟定一封投诉信： 写信人：Bruce 收信人: Mr. Oliver 写信时间：2001年2 月３日 2001 2 投诉内容：货号1754的18张餐桌送错了型号。 Bruce按照目录号码GR272订购的１８张轻质松 木餐桌，由于工作人员失误而错发了重质红木 （heavy mahogany-finished)餐桌。Bruce的 顾客多数收入中等，住在窄小的公寓里，买不起 这么贵且大的红木餐桌。
3rd February 2001 Dear Mr. Oliver, I am writing to you with reference to my order No. 1754 of a consignment of 18 dining tables we received from you yesterday, which were ordered from your catalogue. Cat.No.GR272.But on unpacking them I found that 18 heavy mahogany-finished ones asked for.
As most of my customers live in small flats earning a moderate income it is doubtful that I will be able to find a market for larger, more expensive products. I also have firm orders for the goods asked for. Would you send someone with my consignment as soon as possible and at the same time pick up the wrongly delivered goods? Thank you Yours sincerely, Bruce
? 写信人：Mr. Robert Steinbeck ? 收信人：店方 ? 写信时间：2007年３月３１日 ? 投诉内容：店员待客粗暴，出语伤人，接 待顾客怠慢，显得很不耐烦。希望店方本 着顾客至上的理念，注意改进顾客服务态 度。
? March 31, 2007 ? Dear Sir, ? I’m writing to make a complaint about your shop assistants’ attitude towards their customers. When we were shopping the other day in your department store, your assistant didn’t come until we called several times. The woman assistant showed impatience before we made our decision what to buy. And what’s more, she even called ugly names when we decided not to buy things.
? The above points are by no means a comprehensive account of the many failings in your service. Your assistants’ foolish actions could well contribute to hurting genuine customers to your store. ? By writing your this letter I only mean that you should pay attention to your service for your customers. ? Yours faithfully, ? Mr.Robert Steinbeck