北京师范大学亚太实验学校 2013～2014 学年第一学期期中考试
试卷说明 :本次考试满分 120 分,考试时间 120 分钟,请将试题的答案填写
一．听对话，从下面各题所给的 A、B、C 三幅图中选择与对话内容相符的 图片。每段对话读两遍。 （共 4 分，每小题 1 分）
第 1 页 共 11 页
二．听对话或独白，根据对话或独白内容，从下列各题所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选择最佳选项。每段对话或独白读两遍。 （共 12 分，每小题 1 分） 请听一段对话，完成第 5 至第 6 小题。 5. How many people are going to the restaurant with the woman? A. Two B. Three C. Four 6. When will they get to the restaurant? A. At 6:00 p.m. B. At 7:00 p.m. C. At 8:00 p.m. 请听一段对话，完成第 7 至第 8 小题。 7. What is Toby’s problem? A. He feels sleepy in class. B. He must stay up every night. C. He can’t finish his homework. 8. What does the woman tell Toby to do? A. Go to bed early. B. Listen to light music. 请听一段对话，完成第 9 至第 10 小题。 9. When did Mrs. Smith’s new book come out? A. Two months ago. B. Last month. 10. What was Mrs. Smith’s father? A. A teacher. B. A driver.
C. Drink a cup of milk.
C. Last week. C. A writer.
请听一段对话，完成第 11 至第 13 小题。 11. Why does the man want to eat hamburgers and French fries? A. Because they are cheap. B. Because he is busy. C. Because they are delicious. 12. How often can the man eat fast food according to the woman? A. Once a week. B. Three times a week. C. Twice a month. 13. Where do they decide to have lunch at last? A. In a snack bar. B. In a fast food restaurant. C. In a Chinese restaurant. 请听一段独白，完成第 14 至第 16 小题。 14. Where does Mr. King work? A. In a school office. B. In a government office.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 2 页 共 11 页
C. In a hospital office.
15. Why did Mr. King drive his car faster than usual? A. He didn’t want to be late for his work. B. His friend was waiting for him. C. He didn’t want to be late for the party. 16. What time did Mr. King get to his office? A. At 8:00. B. At 8:30. C. At 9:00. 三. 听对话，记录关键信息。对话读两遍。 （共 10 分，每小题 2 分） At the doctor’s Health problem How long Reason Suggestion Have a terrible 17._________. For about 18.___________ days. Catch a bad 19._____________. 20._________ and take some medicine 21.__________ a day.
四、单项选择（共 15 分，每小题 1 分） 22. ---Can you give _____ some advice on English learning, Mary? ---Yes, of course. A. I B. my C. me D. mine 23. Look at the new words. Please ______ in your notebook. A. write it down B. write down it C. write them down D. write down them 24. Tony didn’t watch TV last night, because there wasn’t ___ on it. A. interesting something B. something interesting C. anything interesting D. nothing interesting 25. --This book is a bit difficult. Why not __ something easier? --All right. A. read B. reading C. to read D. to reading 26. --- Liu Huan is really a popular musician. --- He is, isn’t he? Last night over _______ people went to his concert. A. two thousand of B. two thousands C. two thousand D. thousand of 27. The students______a school trip next Friday. A. take B. took C.will take D. have taken 28. My brother is good at playing basketball. And he always plays it ____ .
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 3 页 共 11 页
A. careful B. carefully 29. ---________ the population of Shenzhen? -- It ’s over ten million. A. How many B. How much
C. more careful D. more carefully
C. What ’s
D. How ’s
30. The population of Shanghai is _____ than ____ of Tianjin. A. more; that B. more; it C. larger, it D. larger, that 31. ---Li Jie is a _______ boy from Guang Xi province. --- He is only ten years old, isn’t he? A. ten year old B. ten years old C. ten-years-old D. ten-year-old 32. Tiananmen Square is one of______ squares in the world. A. large B. larger C. largest D. the largest 33. --- Was Tony busy these days? --- Yes. After Tony played ______ football he went to school to play ______ guitar. A. /, the B. /, / C. the , / D. the , the 34. ---Who is your best friends at school? --- Jane. We often help _______. A. other B. each other C. another D. the other 35. Don’t turn on the TV. Grandma ______ now. A. is sleeping B. will sleep C. slept D. sleeps 36. --- We are going to enter a competition. ----Really? _______. A. Bad luck B. Not at all C. I hope you will win D. You’re welcome 五、完型填空 (共 12 分，每小题 1 分) 通读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从短文后各题所给的四个选项中选择 最佳的一项。 Mr. Chen is a farmer who lives in western China with his wife and two sons. One year ago, he discovered that he had cancer (癌症). The doctor told him that he needed an operation at once. And he said the operation would 37 thousands of yuan. It was too much money for Mr. Chen and his wife. They had no job and 38 were at school. The situation (状况) seemed hopeless. Two weeks later, however, Mr. Chen got some 39 news. He was told about a health care project which provides medical treatment for poor patients in 40 China. They 41 to pay only half the cost or even less. Because of the project and the kindness of 42 family and neighbors, he was able to get an operation just 43 to prevent (阻止) the illness from getting worse. 44 he has returned to his family.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 4 页 共 11 页
The 45 of this health care project is to improve the situation for poor people in western China. So far, the project has helped more than 5,000 people 46 medical aid. The Chinese government is 47 working together with other countries and international organizations to do this. They hope to develop a new health care model 48 China. As our country develops (发展), we must remember the responsibilities (责任) of caring for the weakest members. 37. A. pay B. spend C. have D. cost 38. A. both their sons B. both their daughters C. all their sons D. all their daughters 39. A. sad B. bad C. terrible D. good 40. A. eastern B. southern C. western D. northern 41. A. wanted B. needed C. preferred D. liked 42. A. my B. your C. his D. her 43. A. in time B. on time C. at the same time D. for a long time 44. A. Already B. Just C. Ever D. Now 45. A. chance B. advice C. example D. goal (目标) 46. A. receive B. receiving C. received D. receives 47. A. too B. also C. either D. as well 48. A. to B. at C. for D. on 六、阅读理解 (共 22 分，每小题 2 分) A
We’ve Moved Please come to the party in our new house 8:00 p.m. on May 30 Betty and Peter Add: 44 North Street Tel:555-2981 E-mail: email@example.com
Must Sell ＄275 Best washing machine Only 6 months old Owner(主人) going abroad Call Mike Green Add: 6 King Street Tel: 555-3956 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Smith’s Book Club New and old books Over 1000 kinds Good coffee and tea Open every day 10:00 to 22:00 Add: 25 Big Apple Square Tel: 555-2125 E-mail: email@example.com
49. If you want to go to Betty and Peter ’s party, you can call ________. A. 555-2981 B. 555-3956 C. 555-2125 D. 555-2918 50. Mike Green has to sell his washing machine because _____. A. he wants to celebrate in the new house B. he will go abroad C. he wants to buy some books D. it is only six months old 51. If you want to read some books, you can go to _____.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 5 页 共 11 页
B. 6 King Street D. 44 North Street and 25 Big Apple Square B Many Chinese people like American country music, such as (例如) the songs of John Denver. But still some people don’t know when country music began. Country music is from the folk music ( 民 间 音 乐 ) of the Appalachian Mountains in the east of America. There, people sang while playing the violin and guitar. They sang about everyday life, love and their problems. So the songs were sometimes a little sad. One of the most popular country music singers is John Denver, who is also quite famous to the Chinese. For Denver, music was a language that could bring the world together. He says music can bring people together. We will understand each other better through music. People are different in colour and they may speak different languages, but people are the same in mind and body (在心灵和精神方面). All of them love music and can understand music. The world lost a great man when John Denver died in 1997. But his music and words will live on. 52. John Denver is a great ________ singer. A. English B. Japanese C. American D. Chinese 53. American country music is from the _______ music of America. A. pop B. jazz C. rock D. folk 54. Which sentence is right? A. Everyone knows when country music began. B. Country music is from the jazz music. C. John Denver is famous to Chinese people, too. D. John Denver doesn’t think music can bring people together. C Picky, Picky Scientists have no idea exactly why birds choose certain objects to build their nests. But scientists know that the main reason birds build nests is to keep their babies safe, warm and healthy. Baby birds grow faster and are healthier when they are warm. They also learn to fly and leave the nests sooner than birds without warm homes. Oriole’s Nest What A Yarn (纱) Yarn is big on an oriole’s shopping list during nest building. Scientists are still trying to work out why so many birds choose white yarn over other colors for nest building. Scientists think that the white objects remind birds of cotton fluff (绒毛) they find in the wild.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 6 页 共 11 页
A. 44 North Street C. 25 Big Apple Square
Do It Naturally Even though birds can help us recycle some of our junk by using it to build nests, they also need to use lots of natural things. Long grass, dried sticks, spider’s silk and mud are some of the natural ingredients that are good for nests, too. You can make a collection box of things to leave for birds so they can help themselves. Hang a small plastic box with holes on a tree branch. Fill the box freely with nest building goodies. Hang the box on a tree and watch birds climb on board to pick through the junk to find their treasures. Warning: Don’t let the birds turn into a tasty treat. Keep your bird station away from places where cats hang out. For The Birds! Stop! Don’t throw all that garbage out! Give some to the birds. Look and see how your old junk can help beautify and warm a bird’s new home. 55. The baby birds with warm homes are able to _____. A. choose right objects B. leave the nests sooner C. build good nests D. learn to fly higher 56. What can people make for birds to build nests? A. Holes on the tree. B. Food out of the rubbish. C. A warning board. D. A collection box of things. 57. What can we learn from the passage? A. Birds build nests to store things. B. Birds regard white objects as cotton. C. Birds and humans can help each other. D. Birds and cats fight against each other. D There are thousands of products of all colors and shapes in a supermarket, making you believe that they are worth a try. How? Packaging is the silent but persuading salesman. They are on the shelves, and each bottle, can, box, and jar has been carefully designed and measured to speak to the inner self of the consumer (消费者), so that he is buying not only a product but also his belief in life. Scientists have studied consumer behavior recently and found that the look of the package has a great effect (效应，效果) on the “quality” of the product and on how well it sells, because “Consumers generally cannot tell between a product and its package. Many products are packages and many packages are products,” as Louis Cheskin, the first social scientist studying consumers' feeling for packaging, noticed. Colors are one of the best tools in packaging (包装). Studies of eye movements have shown that colors draw human attention ( 注意力 ) quickly. Take V8 for example. For many years, the bright color of tomatoes and carrots on the thin bottle makes you feel that it is very good for your body. And the word “green” today can keep food prices going up.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 7 页 共 11 页
Shapes are another attraction. Circles often suggest happiness and peacefulness, because these shapes are pleasing to both eye and the heart. That's why the round yellow M signs of Mc Donald's are inviting to both young and old. This new consumer response to the colors and shapes of packages reminds producers and sellers that people buy to satisfy (满足) both body and soul. 58. According to the passage, ________ seems to be able to persuade a consumer to buy the product. A. the belief in the product B. the quality of the product C. the salesman in the supermarket D. the pleasing color of the package 59. What is the best title of the passage? A. Package and Product. B. Consumer Response. C. Colors and Shapes. D. The Inner Self of the Consumer. 七、阅读短文，根据短文内容，从短文后的五个选项中选出能填入空白处的 最佳选项。选项中有一项为多余选项。 （共 8 分，每小题 2 分） Earth Hour started in Sydney on March 31st, 2007. It calls on families and buildings to turn off the lights from 20:30 to 21:30 on the last Saturday night of March. In 2007 more than 2.2 million homes and businesses turned off their lights. 60 And it was supported by 50 million people from thirty-five countries. On March 28, 2010 over 2100 cities in another eight countries took part in it. 61 In 2012 in China, there were many cities taking part in this activity, especially some large cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai.... In those cities, many people turned off lights in the hour. 62 In colleges some students held some activities to make all the students leave their dormitories. It was 20:30, Beijing time. In Beijing some people were taking a walk with their families or friends. 63 And in Ningbo some young people were holding a party in a park, singing and dancing. The people from the three cities felt very relaxed. Earth Hour has a variety of activities, but the final goal is the same. That is focusing on (聚焦) climate change and protecting the environment for individuals. A. Many people would feel bored without lights. B. Earth Hour came to China on that day, too. C. And without lights, they could also enjoy themselves. D. In Shanghai some people were having a nice talk with their friends. E. A year later, on March 29, 2008 Earth Hour became a global activity.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 8 页 共 11 页
八、阅读短文，根据其内容回答问题。 （共 10 分，每小题 2 分） The Amazon (亚马逊) rainforest is home to millions of different kinds of animals, plants, and birds. Most of the world’s fresh water is here and the forest plants clean the Earth’s air every day. Chico was born near the Amazon town, Brazil, in 1944 and started working when he was very young. Like the rest of his family, the boy got the money by taking a little rubber from the trees in the forest. (The trees are not hurt when the rubber is taken.) The forest and its people lived together comfortably and peacefully. But some people think too much about themselves and never think about the future. In 1980, the forest was burned to build roads, houses and factories. Chico was angry; he wanted to save the forest! He talked to the government workers, but they didn’t listen to him. They were still clearing the rainforests to make quick, easy money. “Many voices are stronger than one,” he thought, so Chico held group meetings. He discovered that hundreds of people agreed with him. His hope grew. More people came together to try to stop the work of the forest clearers. Large areas of the forest were saved. Later he traveled to many other countries for international help. People soon became very much interested in this brave Brazilian. In the next few years Chico’s name became famous all over the world. The government of Brazil started making plans to protect large areas of the Amazon rainforest. But as Chico’s dreams started coming true, someone stopped him in the only possible way. The famous forest fighter was murdered (谋杀) right outside his home on December 22, 1988. Chico’s life was cut short, but his brave new ideas continued in other people. One man changed the world’s ideas. After his death, people around the world sent money to help Chico’s work. 64. Was Chico born in Brazil?
65. How did young Chico get money?
66. How many things did Chico do after the forest was burned?
67. When was Chico murdered?
68. What did Chico achieve (完成) in his life?
九、根据中文意思，完成句子。 （共 12 分，每小题 2 分）
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 9 页 共 11 页
69. 吉姆和他的哥哥一样高。 Jim is _______________ his brother. 70. 她以甜美的嗓音而闻名。 She ________________ her sweet voice. 71. 为了能上一所好大学，他努力学习。 He studies hard __________ he can go to a good university. 72. 这个男孩害怕和我们说话。 The boy _____________ with us. 73. 对于他来说与人相处很难。 It’s __________________________________________________________. 74. 明天我要花半小时的时间给我的笔友发封电子邮件。 It _________________________ an email to my pen friend tomorrow. 十、写作（15 分） 75. 请以 My favorite sport 为题， 写一篇不少于 60 字的短文，简单介绍一下你 最喜欢的运动以及你喜欢它的原因。 还可以包括以下内容： 你通常在什么时间、 什么地点和什么人一起做该运动，与其它运动相比，它的特点是什么等。 参考词汇：football, basketball, table tennis, running, swimming, cheaper, easier than, more relaxing, be good for My favorite sport My favorite sport is__________________________________________________________
过去进行时。过去进行时的谓语部分由“was/were + 动词的现在分词”构成。与过去进 行时常用的时间状语包括：at this/that time yesterday, at… last night 等。他还可以和 when,while,as 等引导的过去时间状语从句连用，形成复合句。例如： ----What were you doing at 7am yesterday? ----I was having breakfast. They arrived while we were having dinner.
1. I_____________ (do) my homework at 8 last night. 2. Yesterday I _____________ (go) shopping with my mother.
英语期中考试初二 试卷 第 10 页 共 11 页
3. We _____________ (watch) TV at this time yesterday. 4. I __________ (read) book when the telephone rang. 5. When I got home yesterday, my father was watching TV, while my mother _____________ (cook).
第 11 页 共 11 页