成都七中 2015—2016 学年高一下学期第一次月考
英 语 试 题
一、第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 个小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一道小题，从每题所给的 A B C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和 阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. When will the bus leave? A. At 7:00. B. At 7:15. C. At 7:30. 2. Which dress does the woman like? A. The yellow one. B. The white one. C. The pink one with white buttons. 3. What does the man ask the woman to do? A. Lose weight. B. Go to a movie. C. Have some ice cream. 4. Which subject does the woman think is harder? A. Physics. B. Chemistry. C. Chinese. 5. Where is the woman going? A. A museum. B. A bank. C. A supermarket. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段材料。 每段材料后有几个小题， 从题中所给的 A、 B、 C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。 听每段材料前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后， 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段材料两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What is the possible relationship between the two speakers? A. Friends. B. Neighbours. C. Passenger and taxi driver. 7. When is the important meeting? A. At about 1:00 p.m.. B. At about 2:00 p .m.. C. At about 3:00 p.m..
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至第 10 题。 8. What is the two people’s trip for? A. Visiting friends. B. Work. C. Enjoying themselves. 9. Why did they not take a plane? A. There were no plane tickets. B. They were late for their plane and missed it. C. Their boss didn’t want them to take a plane. 10. What does the woman think of traveling by train? A. It is the worst. B. It is tiring and boring. C. It is better than anything. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11 至第 13 题。 11. Where does the conversation possibly take place? A. At a party. B. At a wedding. C. At a concert. 12. Why did Tony not come? A. He didn’t feel well. B. He was busy with a meeting. C. He doesn’t like the man at all. 13. Who is Mr. Wang? A. Tony ’s friend. B. The man’s friend. C. The woman’s friend. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14 至第 17 题。 14. How does the man want to pay his bill? A. In cash. B. By check. C. By credit card. 15. What is 16 dollars? A. A roast duck. B. A plate of pork. C. A bowl of beef. 16. How many bottles of beer has the man ordered? A. Two. B. Three. C. Four. 17. How much is the service charge? A. 2 dollars. B. 3 dollars. C. 4 dollars.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至第 20 题。 18. Who set up the charity Classrooms for Kenya? A. Two teachers in Kenya. B. Some students in the speaker ’s school. C. Two teachers in the speaker ’s school. 19. What do we know about one of the most recent activities? A. It was a six-mile walk. B. The journey began early in the morning. C. It raised about 2, 000 dollars. 20. What was the weather like on the speaker ’s journey? A. It was sunny. B. It was rainy. C. It was cloudy.
二、 阅读理解 （本题共 30 分，每小题 2 分） A Tea, the most important of English drinks, is a relative latecomer （迟来者） to British shores. Although the custom of drinking tea dates back to （追溯）the third millennium BC in China, it was not until the mid 17 th century that tea first appeared in England. Afternoon tea was introduced in England by Anna, the seventh Duchess （公爵夫人）of Bedford, in the year 1840. The Duchess would become hungry around four o’clock in the afternoon. The evening meal in her household was served fashionably late at eight o’clock, thus leaving a long period of time between lunch and dinner. The Duchess asked her servant to bring a tray （盘子）of tea, bread, butter and cake to her room during the late afternoon. This became a habit of hers and she began inviting friends to join her. This pause for tea became a fashionable social event. During the 1880’s upper class and society women would change into long gowns(长袍), gloves and hats for their afternoon tea which was usually served in the drawing room between four and five o’clock. Traditional afternoon tea consists of a selection of dainty(讲究的) sandwiches, scones(烤 饼)served with cream and jams. Cakes and pastries(面团) are also served. Tea grown in India or Ceylon（锡兰） is poured from silver teapots into delicate bone china cups（精致骨质茶具）. Nowadays, however, in the average suburban（郊区） home, afternoon tea is likely to be just a biscuit or small cake and a cup of tea, usually produced using a teabag. 21. The title of the passage is ____________________. A. Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford B. Tea, the most important of English drinks C. Anna, a person introducing afternoon tea to England D. Afternoon tea, a very British tradition
22. Afternoon tea was introduced in English in ____________________. A. 1880 B. the mid 17th century C. 1840 D. the third BC 23. Traditional afternoon tea is made up of ____________________. A. sandwiches, scones as well as cakes and pastries B. a biscuit or small cake and a mug of tea C. a tray of tea, bread, butter and cake D. a selection of dainty sandwiches 24. According to the passage, we can learn that ____________________. A. Tea appeared in England much earlier than in China B. The reason why the Duchess was hungry at 4 p.m. is that dinner time came quite late C. In the suburban home, afternoon tea is also served in a dainty way D. Tea grown in India or Ceylon is poured from china teapots into delicate bone silver cups. B When my son, Mark, was in the third grade, he saved all his pocket money for over three months to buy holiday presents. The third Saturday in December Mark said he had made his list and had twenty dollars in his pocket. I drove him to a nearby supermarket. Mark picked up a hand basket and went in while I waited and watched in the car. It took Mark over 45 minutes to choose his presents. Finally he came to the checkout counter (交款处) and reached into his pocket for his money. It was not there! There was a hole in his pocket, but no money. Mark stood there holding his basket, tears falling down his face. Then a surprising thing happened. A woman came up to Mark and took him in her arms. "You would help me a lot if you let me pay for you," said the woman. "It would be the most wonderful gift you could give me. I only ask that one day you will pass it on. When you grow up, I would like you to find someone you can help. When you help others, 1 know you will feel as good about it as I do now." Mark took the money, dried his tears and ran back to the checkout counter as fast as he could. That year we all enjoyed our gifts almost as much as Mark enjoyed giving them to us. I would like to say '"thank you" to that very kind woman, and tell her that four years later, Mark went house to house collecting blankets (毯子) and clothes for the homeless people in the fire. And I want to promise her that Mark will never forget to keep passing it on.
25. When they got to the supermarket, Mark went in_____ . A. with the writer B. by himself
C. with the woman
D. with his friends
26. What happened to Mark in the supermarket? A. His gifts were stolen. C. He lost his money. B. He broke his basket. D. He lost his way.
27. Why did the writer want to say '’thank you" to the woman? A. Because she bought Mark a nice present. B. Because she always paid money for others. C. Because she taught Mark to help people in need. D. Because she collected clothes for the homeless.
28. What's the best title for this passage? A. A big supermarket C. A happy family B. A kind woman D. A wonderful gift
C Captain Goodfellow Do your children enjoy interesting stories, funny games, and exciting dances? Captain Goodfellow will be ready to teach all these things to children of all ages at the City Theatre on Saturday morning at 10:00, FREE. Walking Tour of the Town Forget your worries on Saturday morning. Take a beautiful walk and learn about local history. Meet at the front entrance of the City Hall at 9:30. Wear comfortable shoes! Film at the Museum Two European films will be shown on Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theatre. See Broken Window at 1:30. The Workers will be at 3:45. For further information, call 4987898. International Picnic Are you tired of eating the same food every day? Come to the Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5:00 pm. Do You Want to Hear “The Zoo” “The Zoo”, a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first US concert tomorrow night at 8 at Rose Hall, City College. 29.You can send your children to Captain Goodfellow to learn dances ________________. A. on Sunday afternoon C. at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday A. your worries B. at 9:30 every day D. at noon before 5:00 p.m. B. your beautiful walk
30. If you are going on the Walking Tour, don’t forget ________________.
C. your learning about local history 31. You can see movies at ________________. A. the City College B. the Museum Theatre
D. your comfortable shoes C. the City Theatre D. the Central Park
32. You can probably eat Chinese, Italian, and Arab food ________________. A. at the front entrance of the City Hall B. at the ball game C. at 8:00 p.m. D. at the Central Park on Saturday D Throughout history，people have been interested in knowing how language first began， but no one knows exactly where or how this happened. However，we do know a lot about language，the language of today and also the language of earlier times. There are probably about three thousand languages in the world today. Chinese is the language with the most speakers. English，Russian and Spanish are also spoken by many millions of people. On the other hand， some languages in the world have less than one hundred speakers. There are several important families of languages in the world. For example，most of the languages of Europe are in one large family called Indo-European. The original （最初的） language of this family was spoken about 4500 years ago. Many of the present-day languages of Europe and India are modern forms of the language of 4500 years ago. Languages are always changing. The English of today is very different from the English of 500 years ago. In time，some even die out completely. About 1000 years ago English was a little-known relative of German spoken on one of the borders of Europe. If a language has a large number of speakers，or if it is very old, there may be differences in the way it is spoken in different areas. That is，the language may have several dialects. Chinese is a good example of dialect differences. Chinese has been spoken for thousands of years by many millions of speakers. The differences between the dialects of Chinese are so great that speakers of Chinese from some parts of China cannot understand speakers from other parts. 33. The first paragraph mainly tells us that______. A. most people in the world speak Chinese B. there are thousands of languages in today’s world C. man has much knowledge about languages D. some people know several languages
34. The underlined word “dialect” in the last paragraph means______. A. a special language spoken by Chinese B. the sign used by Chinese people in a special area C. the difference between the old and today’s Chinese D. the form of a language used in one part of the country 35. It is considered that the most difficult thing for one to learn to speak Chinese is that______. A. there are great differences between the dialects of Chinese B. Chinese and many foreign languages are not of the same family C. Chinese is a very old language D. there are great differences between the old Chinese and the present day Chinese 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） — Hi, Jill is speaking. — This is Sam. Hi, Jill. 36
— I’m very well, but very busy. Although I have finished all the exams, I still have a lot of other things to do. 37 — 38 .I also have to help my cousin with her English.
— I’m sorry, but I can’t. I’ve promised to meet a friend. — What about the weekend? 39
— Oh, what a pity! I’m going somewhere else. — Where are you going? — I’m going to Shanghai to attend the Picasso exhibition with my parents. — That sounds great! 40
— Yes, we have. We bought them on the Internet. — May you have a good trip! — Thank you.
A. Are you free then? B. How are things with you? C. I need to practice the violin. D. Have you bought tickets for it? E. But I think it’ll be crowed there. F. Can you help me with my English? G. How about coming out with me this evening?
三、完形填空 （本题共 30 分，每小题 1.5 分） Once an Arab(阿拉伯人） was traveling in the desert. When the sun went down in the west, he stopped and 41 his tent(帐篷 )then, made a fire 42 had a simple meal. When night
fell, he 43 down to sleep. He had hardly fallen 44 when he felt a soft 45 on his elbow(手肘). He woke up to
find that his camel had put his head inside the tent. The camel said: “Would you please let me keep my room.” The Arab was a 48 man, “All right, do as you please.” he said. Then he turned on his side and went back to 49 . 50 on his shoulder. It was the camel again. “Dear master,” 51 cold. Do you mind 52 I 46 in the tent to get warm? It is so 47 outside. I will not take up too much
It wasn’t long before he felt a
the camel said, “my head is quite warm now, but my neck is keep it inside the tent, too?” “ No, not at all .” the man said. But this time he felt a bit neck.
53 , as camel had such a long
No sooner had he shut his eyes than he got a harder push in his side. This time the camel said, “ 54 you please allow me to bring my front legs inside and warm them a little?” The Arab 55 over to one side of the tent. He made 56 as small as he could. It was not 57 .Soon after that the 58 gave him a rough push and 59 in the
comfortable, and sleep was now
said, “The tent is too small for the two of us. Besides, my two hind legs are still
cold. It is only fair that you should leave the tent wholly to me.” And with that, the camel 60 the poor man out. 41. A. built 42 A. and 43. A. laid 44. A. sick 45. A. touch 46. A. foot 47. A. warm 48. A. hard-hearted 49. A. smile 50. A. beat 51. A. even 52. A. whether B. made B. but B. lay B. awake B. beat B. arm B. hot B. kind-hearted B. meal B. push B. more B. as C. put up C. so C. lied C. ill C. kick(踢) C. head C. cold C. absent-minded C. work C. kick C. much C. that D. set D. or D. went D. asleep D. bite D. leg D. dark D. careless D. sleep D. pull D. still D. if
53. A. crowded 54. A. Would 55. A. went 56. A. the tent. 57. A. possible 58. A. tent 59. A. stayed 60. A. kicked
B. comfortable B. Can B. walked B. himself B. impossible B. ground B. left B. carried
C. warmer C. Must C. climbed C. room C. possibility C. camel C. made C. brought
D. colder D. Shall D. moved D. ground D. possibly D. leg D. got D. let
第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 50 分） 第一节 语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） Although English is not as old as Chinese, __ 61 is spoken by many people around the world every day. English speakers are always making new words and we should be able to know where most words come from. Sometimes, __62 , no one may really know where a word comes from. Did you ever think about why hamburgers are called hamburgers, ___63 （especial） when they are not made of ham? About a hundred years ago, some men went to America __64 Europe. They came from a big
city in Germany called Hamburg. They did not speak good English, but they ate good food. Some Americans saw them eating round pieces of beef. Never had they seen such way. They couldn’t help ___65 strange
66___（ask）the Germans what it was. The Germans did not
understand the question and answered, “We came from Hamburg. ” One of these Americans owned a restaurant, and had an idea. He made up _ 67 mind to do something new. He cooked some round pieces of the beef like __68__the men from Hamburg ate and __ 69 （sell）it quite a few countries around the world. Whether this story is true or not, it certainly is __ 70 __（interest）. 第二节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(Λ )，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 Last week, our school had organized an activity to climb the West Mountain. As soon as we arrived at the foot of a mountain, we started to climb happily. However, we had such much difficulty passing the rocky areas on our way to the top. But under the teacher ’s help, we reached
the top at last, where we greeted by the bright sunshine and fresh air. Seeing from the top, the city was extreme beautiful. This event turned out to be very success. Not only did we take a break from our heavy school work, and also we learned what to communicate with each other. 六、作文 (满分 25 分) 假如你的朋友向你征求学习英语的方法。请就下面的内容写一封回信。 1．朗读背诵，帮你记忆，养成用英语思维的习惯。 2．多听，多交际，可以提高听说能力。 3．记日记，提高书面表达能力。 注意：1．背诵 learn …by heart 2．词数 100 左右 3．信的开头已给出，不计入词数。 Dear Simon, I have received your letter about asking me for the advice about learning English. 用英语思维 think in English
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
一、听力 （本题共 30 分，每小题 1.5 分） 1-5 .CBCAB 6-10. CBBAA 11-15. ABBCA 16-20. AACBB (D). CDA 二、阅读理解 （本题共 30 分，每小题 2 分） (A). DCAB (B). BCCD (C). CDBD 三、七选五（本题共 10 分，每小题 2 分） 36-40BCGAD 四、完形填空（本题共 30 分，每小题 1.5 分） 41-60 CABDA CCBDB DDAAD BBCBA 五、语法填空（本题共 15 分，每小题 1.5 分） 61. it 68. what 62. however 69. sold 63. especially 70. Interesting 64. from 65. a 66. asking 67. his
六、短文改错（本题共 10 分，每小题 1 分） Last week, our school had organized an activity to climb the West Mountain. As soon as we arrived at the foot of a mountain, we set out for the summit in high spirits. During the the climb, we had such much difficulty passing the rocky areas. But under the teacher ’s help, we so with eventually reached the top, where we ∧ greeted by the bright sunshine and fresh air. Seeing were Seen from the top, the city was extreme beautiful. This event turned out to be very success. Not only extremely successful did we take a break from our heavy school work, and also we learned what to communicate but how with each other. 七、作文 (满分 25 分)
Dear Simon, I have received your letter about asking me for the advice about learning English. Now I’d like to tell you how you should learn English. First of all, you should often read English aloud and try to learn something important by heart, which helps you to remember them easily and form a good habit of thinking in English. Besides, you should listen a lot and communicate with others in English. In this way, you will improve both your listening ability and your spoken English as well. What’s more, you should keep a diary in English every day and your written English will come better and better. I hope what I’ve said is useful to you. I’m looking forward to your good news. Best wishes. Yours truly, Mary