1 21. Unfortunately, when I dropped in, Doctor Li _____ for Beijing to join in the fight again SARS, so we only had time for a few words. A. just left B. has just left C. is just leaving D. was just leaving 22．He hasn't come yet．What do you consider _______ to him？ A．happens B．has happened C．happening D．to happen 23. ______ is known to us all is that China has launched Shenzhou V spaceship successfully. A. That B. What C. It D. As 24. —You've made great progress in your studies of English, haven't you? —Yes, but much . A. remains to do B. is remained to do C. remains to be done D. is remained to be done 25. ______ that the South African writer John Coetzee won the Nobel Prize in Literature for 2003. A. They’re reported B. He’s reported C. We’re reported D. It’s reported 26. ______ the Atlantic Ocean crosses the equator, the trade winds cause a flow of water to the west. A. That B. When C. Where D. Though 27. — You can't finish the book in less than an hour, I suppose? — . A. Yes, I'm sure I can B. No, hardly C. Sorry, I can't D. I don't think I can 28. It's impossible for all the people to get jobs because of them are not fit for them. A. none B. all C. not all D. every one 29. — When will you leave for Paris for a visit? — next month. A. Until B. After C. At D. In 30. The two old sisters，_______ so long，held each other and burst into tears． A．being separated B．having been separated C．having separated D．had been separated 31. Never _______ forget the days when _______ together with you． A．shall I；I lived B．shall I；did I live C．I shall；I lived D．I shall；did I live 32. Why didn't you tell me there was no meeting today? I _____ all the way here _____the heavy snow. A. needn't have driven；through B. can't have driven；across C. mustn't have driven；through D. shouldn't have driven；cross 33．It was the training _______ he had at school _______ made him good jumper． A．what；what B．that；that C．what；that D．that；had 34. It was _____ great shock to the world that two airplanes crashed into _____ World Trade Centre in New York on Sept．11． A．a；／ B．the；the C．a；the D．／；the
35. For quite _____ students，their teacher's advice is more important than _____ of their parents'． A．few；one B．a few；that C．a little；some D．a lot；many 答案及解析 单项选择 21.D。 动词时态的考查。当我去看他时，他正要去北京参加抗击非典，所以只跟他说了几 句话。情景是他正要去。又因为 come，leave，arrive 等动词的进行时表将来时，故答 案为 D. 22. B。 本题是“特殊疑问词 + do you consider／suppose／think／believe．． 陈述语序的句 ．+ 子其它成分”结构。根据第一句，可知强调了对现在的影响，故用现在完成时。学生易 错选 A、C。误选 C 是因为 consider 后应接动词 ing 形式，而忽略了句子的结构，即没 有考虑到 consider 后面接的是宾语从句，从句的主语是 what，缺少的是从句的谓语； 选 A 是因为没有考虑到从句的时态应该用现在完成时。 23. B。 此题考查主语从句，其主语从句缺少主语，What 在此等于 the thing which，故选 B 项。 24. C。 remain 作系动词用，本身不用于被动语态，有时与不定式的被动结构构成合成谓 语，意为“尚待”。如：A number of problems remain to be solved. 25. D。 It’s reported 意为“据报道”，it 为形式主语，后面的 that 从句才是真正的主语。如果 要用选项 A、B、C 表示“据报道” 的话，那它们后面只能跟不定式。 26. C。 考核点是状语从句。从句子结构上判断，有划线的那一分句属于状语分句，从句子 意义上判断，该分句应为地点状语，故而答案应为 C。 27. A。 问句为否定疑疑问句，回答该用 Yes 或 No 开头，B 项结构不完整，其完整形式应 该是：No, I can hardly finish it. 28. B。 not 与 all 连用为部分否定，表示“并非所有的……都……”；D 项中 every one 与 not 连用也可表示部分否定，但谓语动词要用单数。 29. B。 next month 是时间点，不是时间段，“after + 时间点”可用于将来时，表示某一 特定时间之后。此处如果不用介词，则表示“下个月”；用了 after，则表示“下个月以 后”。until 在肯定句中要与延续性动词连用。 30. B。 现在分词的完成被动式作原因状语，说明发生在谓语动词所表示的动作之前的被动 动作。 31. A。 否定副词 never 放于句首，构成倒装句，时间状语应用陈述语序。 32. A。 needn't have done 表示“做了不必要做的事情”。can't have done 表示对过去情况的推 测， 意为“不可能发生了某事”。mustn't have done 无此用法。shouldn't have done 表示 “本不应该做的事而做了”。 33. B。 第一空白处的 that 为关系代词， 引导定语从句； 第二空白处的 that 为强调结构连词。 34. C。 世贸大厦是由普通名词构成的专有名词，其前应使用定冠词。shock 在这里意指“令 人震惊的事”，为可数名词。 35. B。 quite 后应接 a few。advice 为不可数名词，使用 that 替代。
2 例: It is generally considered unwise to give a child_________ he or she wants. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21. I will never know what was on his mind at the time, nor will________. A. anyone B. anyone else C. no one D. no one else 22. --- I don't mind telling you what I know. --- You . I'm not asking you for it. A. mustn't B. may not C. can't D. needn’t I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person. 23. A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless 24. He got to the station early, ____________ missing his train. A. in case of B. instead of C. for fear of D. in search of 25. The man insisted________ a taxi for me even though I told him I lived nearby. A. find B. to find C. on finding D. in finding 26. More patients ___________ in hospital this year than last year. A. treated B. have treated C. had been treated D. have been treated 27. Tom owns _______larger collection of _______ books than any other student in our class. A. the; 不填 B. a; 不填 C. a; the D. 不填; the 28. -- You haven't lost the ticket, have you? -- _________. I know it's not easy to get another one at the moment. A. I hope not B. Yes, I have C. I hope so D. Yes, I’m afraid so 29. It's ten years since the scientist _______on his life's work of discovering the valuable chemical. A. made for B. set out C. took off D. turned up 30. A man is being questioned in relation to the ________ murder last night. A. advised B. attended C. attempted D. admitted 31. The old man, ____________abroad for twenty years, is on the way back to his motherland. A. to work B. working C. to have worked D. having worked 32. The____________ house smells as if it hasn't been lived in for years. A. little white wooden B. little wooden white C. white wooden little D. wooden white little 33. ________ is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. A. Which B. When C. What D. As 34. Sales of CDs have greatly increased since the early 1990s, when people_____ to enjoy the advantages of this new technology. A. begin B. began C. have begun D. had begun 35. ----How long are you staying? ----I don't know.___________. A. That's OK B. Never mind C. It depends D. It doesn't matter 参考答案 21—25 BDACC 26—30 DBABC 31—35 DADBC
3 6.Tom’s fame has spread well ___________ the walls of his college. A. across B. through C. beyond D. over 7.___________ the cost, the project will take a lot of time as well. A. Other than B. Except for C. In addition D. Apart from 8. I have done most of the housework. Would you please finish ___________？ A. the other B. the others C. the rest D. another 9. For years scientists have been worried about the ___________ of air pollution on the earth’s
natural conditions. A. effect B. result C. account D. cause 10. As people want to ___________ their ideas ___________ quickly when talking on line, a lot of short forms are used. A. get; through B. get; over C. get; across D. get; out 11. The next step in exploring ___________ outer space might be sending people there in ___________ spaceship. A.不填; a B. 不填; 不填 C. the; 不填 D. the; the 12. ___________ a room in the hotel, Mr. Wood went out for a walk around the small town. A. Taking B. Taken C. To take D. Having taken 13. By reading the story, you may understand ___________ to be successful. A. it takes what B. you take what C. what takes you D. what it takes 14. ___________ the problem of land erosion getting more serious, the government is searching for a way to deal with it. A. As B. With C. When D. If 15. Some people against toll booths (收费站) argue that roads, once ___________, should be free. A. building B. built C. having built D. being built 16. — Hello, Rosa! I heard you went to New Jersey. — I ___________ away for a week. But I’m back now. A. am B. have been C. was D. had been 17. — Mum, it’s none of my business. Why ___________ I care? — Just because she is your sister. A. can B. should C. will D. may 18. I can say nothing — we haven’t ___________ to any decision on the matter now. A. come B. got C. turned D. gone 19. It was in the evening ___________ the hurricane struck the area. A. while B. that C. as D. until 20. I first met John at my sister’s wedding. He ___________ with the bridegroom at the time. A. talked B. was talking C. had talked D. had been talking 参考答案 6~10 CDCAC 11~15 ADDBB 16~20 CBABB
4 little about large amount of work done in the 21．Although he knew field ,he succeeded where more well-informed experimenters failed. A．a ; the B．the ; a C．a ; 不填 D．不填 ; the 22．—I didn’t know you were good friends . —You I have known her since she moved here. You were studying abroad then. A．may have B．needn’t have C．couldn’t have D．must have 23．I wonder what will become of my daughter. endless homework ,she also bears other leading loads such as revision and recitation. A．As well as B．With C．Except D．Rather than 24．Nearly all trees have seeds that fall to the ground , ,and eventually produce new seeds. A．taking root B．take root C．took root D．to take root of the interpreter（口译员）at the Chinese FM press 25．How did you like the
conference of 6-party talks on TV? A．performance B．achievement C．material D．words 26．—Have you persuaded him? —Yes .After some hours of discussion, I to reason him in accepting the new plan. A．had managed B．would manage C．have managed D．managed 27． you keep on trying ,I don’t really mind whether you can come top in your class. A．So long as B．As soon as C．Once D．The moment be in time for the early bus , be sure to get up before five o’clock in the 28．If you morning. A．are to B．are about to C．are going to D．are due to 29．Clothing made of man-made fibres has certain advantages over made of natural fibres like cotton ,wool or silk. A．the ones B．one C．that D．what 30． Children brains cannot develop they lack protein(蛋白质). A．since B．when C．because D．unless 31．Persons with whom we can our innermost feelings are our closest friends. A．tell B．value C．share D．respect 32．Without facts , we can’t form a correct opinion ,for we need to have actual knowledge our thinking. A．which to be based on B．which to base on C．on which to base D．which to base 33．They all the details of the plan time and again to make sure that the project went smoothly. A．got through B．went through C．got over D．dipped into 34．—Nothing wrong with it , ? —No .Yours is a specially-built model. Drive carefully , though .It takes time to run in a new car. A．is it B．has it C．are they D．is there 35．—Got your driving license? —No .I too busy to have enough practice, so I didn’t take the driving test last week .I’m going to next week. A．was B．have been C．am D．had been 参考答案 21． 22． 23． 24． 25． 26． 27． 28． 29． 30． 31． D C A B A D A A C B C 32．C 33．B 34．D 35．D
5 21. --- I have just had my watch repaired. --- How much did they for that? A. cost B. charge C. spend D. take 22. --- It’s been a wonderful Halloween Party. Thank you very much. --A. My pleasure B. I’m glad to hear that. C. No, thanks D. It’s OK 23. --- How about the book you are reading? --- Good indeed. It many problems we have come across in our study. A. says B. talks C. covers D. refers
24. The room is in a terrible mess; it _______ cleaned. A. can’t have been B. couldn’t be C. may have been D. would be 25. He the test, but he wasn't careful enough. A. was able to pass B. must have passed C. could have passed D. might be able to pass 26. I have kept that picture _____ I can see it every day as it always reminds me of my university days in London. A. in which B. where C. whether D. when 27. He expected there ______ more room for him to put in a desk. A. will be B. is C. to be D. being 28. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally _____ because of the bad weather. A. set up B. broken down C. worn out D. called off 29. Ants are the most common life form on earth, _____ tiny, their combined weight is greater than that of the combined weight of all humans. A. though B. although C. even though D. as if 30. Xiamen is most beautiful coast city and I believe I will come for______ second time. A. the, an B. a, a C. the, the D. a, the 31. Our team was ahead during the first half, but we _____ in the last ten minutes. A. had lost B. would lose C. were losing D. lost , the manager felt like a cat on hot bricks. 32. With a lot of difficult problems A. to settle B. settling C. settled D. being settled 33. People think that the beauty of the mountains is great than _____ of the desert. A. one B. the one C. those D. that 34. Driving a car is not as difficult as you imagine, if you the rules. A. depend on B. believe in C. turn to D. stick to 35. Would you please make a copy for everybody in the office and _____ extra ones for the visitors? A. other B. many C. few D. some 参考答案 21.B 22.A 23.C 24.A 25.C 26.B 27.C 28.D 29.A 30.B 31.D 32.A 33.D 34.D 35.D
6 21. Some doctors were sent to the front where medical workers were __________. A. in great need B in desperate need of C needed great D needed in 22. ——The police have caught the murderer. ——Yes, and he admitted ____his boss on a rainy night seven years ago. A. to kill B to have killed C having killing D have been killed 23. ——Did you reach the top of the mountain? —— Yes. Even I myself didn’t believe I could make_____. A. that B. it C. myself D. them 24. The Chinese are good at table tennis ____the English are interested in football. A. if B as C while D since 25. Was it in front of the market____ the road accident happened yesterday? A. where B that C which D why 26. ——I’m sorry that I didn’t work out this problem.
——It’s _____our ability. I didn’t worked it out, too. A over B beyond C more than D above 27. Since I won the big prize, my telephone hasn’t stopped ringing. People ____to ask how I am going to spend the money. A. had phoned B. will phone C. were phoning D. are phoning 28. He didn’t like coffee ___tea, but water. A. and B or C. but D. with 29. It is better to ask someone for advice rather than ___something. A. risk doing B risk to do C to risk doing D. to risk to do 30.——Your neighbors may _____you with playing your radio too loudly at night. ——I know. They never say anything that ______ me especially. A. accuse, appeals to B charge, appeal to C. charge, appeals to D. blame, appeals to 31. I spoke that slowly but I didn’t _____my meaning ______. A. come…across B. get…across C. get…about D. get…ahead 32. If ____, the bird flu would produce a powerful poison that would kill the patients. A. not treat B not treated C untreated D. Both B and C 33.Johnny is a great dancer; he _____above the rest for his perfect performance. A. stands by B stands for C stands out D. makes for 34.This race was her last chance to win a place on the national team so everything was ______. A. dangerous B. in stake C. at stake D. in charge 35. He studied very hard all the time because he didn’t want to _____in his studies. A. fall behind B. be left behind C. left behind D. Both A and B 参考答案 21-25 ACBCB 26-30 BDBCC 31-35 BDCCD
7 21. Don’t be afraid. Although you are _____ newcomer to _____ botany, we will try our best to help you. A. the ; a B. a; the C. a ; / D. / ; / 22. To understand the grammar of the sentence, you must break it ______ into parts. A. down B. up C. off D. out 23. Shenzhou VI, ______ on Oct, 12, 2005, has greatly inspired the whole nation. A. launched B. to be launched C. being launched D. launching 24. ---What’s wrong with your coat? ---Just now when I wanted to get off the bus, the man next to me ______ on it . A. sat B. had sat C. had been sitting D. was sitting 25. ---I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful gift you sent me. ---__________. A. No, thanks B. With pleasure C. My pleasure D. Just so-so 26. ---You should have prepared your speech for the meeting, Mr. Smith. ---Yes, I know. But how could I _____ the meeting date fixed so soon. A. while B. as C. after D. with 27. --- Is the television advertisement working ? ---Yes, ______ orders are coming. A. None B. Some C. More D. Fewer 28. ---What will you buy for your husband’s birthday? ---I want to buy a _____ wallet for him. A. black leather small B. small black leather
C. small leather black D. black small leather 29. Well, if you insist on eating so much, you will have to suffer the _____. A. consequences B. exercise C. evidence D. exchanges 30. It is agreed that constant arguing doesn’t _____ a happy marriage. A. make out B. make for C. make up D. make up for , of course , made the 31. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others, others envy him . A. who B. that C. what D. which 32. What surprised me was not what he said but he said it . A. the way B. in the way that C. in the way D. the way which 33. ---Is John coming by train? ---He should, but he _____ not .He likes driving his car. A. must B. can C. need D. may 34. Maybe you have been to many countries, but nowhere else _____ such a beautiful palace. A. can you find B. you could find C. you can find D. could you find 35. If no one ______ the lost umbrella, the person who found it can keep it . A. claims B. demands C. asks D. deserves 参考答案 21-35 CBADC DCBAB DADAA
8 21. Beth _______ her coat with red buttons on it at the Lost and Found. A. proved B. claimed C. identified D. sorted 22. The notice hanging on the front wall is meant to ____ the unwanted visitors, especially at working hours. A. keep up B. keep off C. keep from D . keep out 23. We insisted that the meaningless argument ________. A. should bring to an end B. was brought to an end C. might come to an end D. come to an end 24. ________ let the fake products become uncontrolled in the market. A. In certain circumstances we can B. In no circumstance can we C. Under any circumstances we can D. Under no circumstances can we 25. We ______ certain livings as birds not because they have long legs or short legs, but because they all have feathers. A. think B. classify C. look D. divide 26. He is reading a note _________ the present from his grandfather with passion. A. attaching with B. attaching on C. attached to D. attached for 27. The flood of 1988 ________ much damage in that area. A. rounded up B. made for C .went for D. reacted to 28. The two brothers look so much _______ that we can’t _______ one from the other. A. familiar; separate B. familiar; tell C. alike; differ D. alike; distinguish 29. Without facts, we cannot form a worthwhile opinion, for we need to have factual knowledge ______ our thinking. A. which to base on B. which to be based on C. to which to be based on D. upon which to base 30. _____ is announced in today’s paper, China has succeeded in launching the second manned spacecraft Shenzhou 6. A. It B. That C. What D. As
31. As long as the sun shines, the earth will not _____ energy. A. short of B. be lack of C. run out of D. in need of 32. Both ____ and _____ laughter do harm to your health. A .burst out crying ; burst into B. to burst out tears ; to burst into C. bursting into tears; bursting into D. bursting into crying ; bursting out 33. Danby left word with my secretary _____ he would call again this afternoon. A. who B. that C. as D. which 34. _______his age, he did it quite well, so don’t _____him any more. A. Considered; scold B. Concerned; say C. Given; blame D. Considering; speak 35. ---- I have some trouble with this problem. Could you do me a favour? ----- Sorry, you may turn to him. He has been ______ and he may know how to solve it. A. experience B. expert C. skill D. around 参考答案 21—25 BDDDB 26—30 CBDDD 31—35 CCBCD
9 21. ---- I haven’t found any money though I’ve searched the drawer bottom up. ---- Then, I’m afraid there is ______ left. A. nothing B. no one C. none D. neither 22. The novel “The Da Vinci Code” ______ a great success and was translated into 44 languages in 2004. A. appreciated B. enjoyed C. won D. seized 23. ______ is reported in the newspaper is that seventeen climbers have been killed in the snow tsunami. A. It B. As C. What D. That 24. This is the small house less than 15 square meters, under ______ roof lives a large family of three generations. A. which B. that C. its D. whose 25. From the top of the building, you can see at least ______ distance of 100 kilometers on ______ clear day. A. a; the B. /; a C. the; a D. a; a 26. ---- Did you pass the driving test? ---- No. I ______ it, but I had little time practicing. A. could have passed B. must have passed C. can’t have passed D. shouldn’t have passed 27. ---- Have you ever visited the Opera House? ---- Yes. When I was in Sydney, I ______ it twice. A. have visited B. visited C. had visited D. would visit 28. He once worked in a company, ______ he went abroad for further study. A. from which B. after that C. after which D. from this 29. I haven’t seen ________ Maggie since I came here. A. as lovely a girl as B. so a lovely girl as C. girl as lovely as D. as a lovely girl as you will feel better. 30. A cup of water A. or B. but C. so D. and 31. Take an umbrella when you go to Guangzhou because it rains _____ there.
A. many times B. frequently C. over again D. enough 32. Let’s hope the fine weather ______ for Sunday’s camping trip. A. keeps up B. picks up C. carries on D. puts up 33. _______ two compositions to write, you have to work really hard this weekend. A. With B. Besides C. As for D. Because of 34. The fruit _______ fresh in his fruit stand sells well. A. looking B. looked C. look D. to be looked 35. To his disappointment, the opinion he had stuck ______ out wrong. A. to turn B. to turning C. to turned D. to be turned 参考答案：21-25. CBCDD 26-30. ABCAD 31-35. BAAAC
10 well. 21．Listen to her carefully. Her voice A．records B．is recorded C．is recording D．recorded 22．I was my topic when I realized that he had the point of my last one . A．at the point of changing ; got B．on the point of changing ; lost C．at the point where changing ; missed D．on the point of changing ; missed 23．When people move to another country, they often try the customs of their native land . A．keeping on B．to keep off C．to keep up D．keeping up 24．Although punctual himself, the professor was quite used late for his lecture . A．to have students B．for students’ being C．for students to be D．to students’ being 25．The bread and butter good and you can see the bread and the butter on sale in the supermarket. A．is tasted ; are B．tastes; are C．taste; is D．is tasted ; is 26．He promised to do that for me I allowed him for a few days . A．on condition that ; to leave B．on condition if ; to leave C．on condition that ; leaving D．on the condition if ; leaving 27．The boss went into the house, the five boys in the rain . A．left ; standing B．leaving ; standing C．left; stand D．leaving ; stand we had a talk last night you left your keys ? 28．Could it be in the room A．that; where B．in which; where C．where ; that D．where ; where 29．It was not until she had arrived home her appointment with the doctor . A．did she remember B．that she remembered C．when she remembered D．had she remembered 30．Tom insisted what he said true and we insisted that he and have a look . A．be ; should go B．should be ; would go C．was ; go D．was ; would go 31．—Hey , Mr. Smith , you are wanted on phone . —Who is calling ? — Mr. Green . I don’t know he is . A．不填；A B．the ；不填 C．the ; A D．不填；不填
32． and out of breath , we reached the top of the mountain and stopped the beautiful scenery . A．Tiring ; to admire B．Being tired ; admiring C．Tired ; to admire D．Tired ; admiring 33． made our school proud was more than 90% of the students had been admitted to key universities . A．What ; because B．That; what C．That; why D．What ; that 34．—He isn’t about his food . —Yes , he eats anything . A．special ; nearly B．especial ; mostly C．particular ; almost D．unusual ; possibly 35．—I’m sorry , I shouldn’t have been so rude to you . —You your temper but that’s OK . A．have lost B．had lost C．did lose D．were losing
11 6. Jane had prepared carefully for her English examination so that she could be sure of passing it on her first____________. A. intention B. attempt C. purpose D. desire 7. Jack packed all the things into a case, ____________. A. being anxiously to leave B. to be anxious to leave C. anxious to leave D. be anxious to leave 8. -----------Is the television advertisement working ? -----------Yes, __________ orders are coming. A. None B. Some C. More D. Few 9. ---------Haven’t they apologized to you yet? ---------No explanation was offered, ___________an apology. A. still less B. neither C. not D. or rather 10.Who ____________ for the hostage(人质) deaths in the school siege (围困) that took place in Russia in September, 2004? A. is blaming B. is going to blame C. is to blame D. is blamed 11. Hard work and lack of sleep has _________ her beauty and youth in recent years. A. worn out B. tried out C. made out D. sent out 12. Maybe all Americans realize that __________ they expect to be next president will face masses of problems. A. who B. whoever C. whomever D. no matter who 13. ------------Why are you looking pleased ? -----------Oh, I’ve just had a job _________. A. to offer B. offering C. offered D. being offered 14. Tough __________ the task was, we _______ finish it ahead of time and therefore we were highly praised for it. A. though; would B. although; had to C. as; were able to D. though; must 15. -------------How would you like your coffee? ------------__________________. A. It’s well done B. very nice. Thank you. C. One cup, That’s enough D. The stronger , the better. 16. The play, _________ , is very wonderful: there are many interesting characters in it. A. out of the question B. on the whole C. out of question D. under no condition
17. He was so careful that not a mistake ________ in the test. A. he made B. he had ever made C. did he make D. he ever made 18. ___________ I toured the Great Wall, I was deeply impressed with the beautiful scenery. A. For the first time B. At first C. It was the first time D. The first time 19. I ________ you not to move my dictionary, now I can’t find it. A. asked B. ask C. was asking D. had asked 20. Changes ______to the construction laws in Los Angeles have strengthened the city’s buildings and highways , _______them more resistant to quakes. A. making; made B. being made; to make C. made; made D. made; making 答案 1-5DBDAC 6-10 BCCAC 11-15 ACCCD 16-20 BCDAD 12 21．— Is Mr. Smith rich? — Yes, very rich. When he worked in ________town, he earned a lot. Now he has a big farm in ________ country. A. at; the B. /; / C. /; the D. the; / 22．Ann was reading a detective novel, ________ completely to the outside world. A. being lost B. having lost C. losing D. lost 23．Fish have eyes and ________appears to be a nose, and they can hear, too. A. that B. which C. it D. what 24．The new government ________ the foreign - owned fields one after another. A. took over B. took out C. took off D. took on 25．The five firemen the director had________ the people in the fire were highly praised. A. rescue B. rescued C. to rescue D. had rescued 26．________ their son away to college, the old couple got more room in the house. A. As B. For C. Through D. With 27．You should always take into consideration the part a good way of learning will ________ in your studies. A. give B. make C. play D. teach 28．I asked him to show me the record that ________ the meeting, but he refused. A. kept B. was kept C. was kept of D. kept of 29．When I was very young, I was terribly frightened of school, but I soon ____ it.? A. got off B. got across ? C. got away D. got over? 30．The driver might have had an accident but he________ the car suddenly. A. braked B. would brake C. had braked D. forget 31．Where did you get ________ car of________? A. this; yours B. the; you C. a; yours D. a; you 32．They sold their house for only 12, 000 dollars, so the buyer got a wonderful________. A. cost B. bargain C. amount D. value 33．It’s terrible. The car ________ break down just as we were going on our holiday. A. should B. would C. could D. must 34．— Have you graduated from college? — Yes , ________. A. I studied French for two years. B. I have been studying French. C. I have studied French for two years. D. I had studied French for two years. 35．— We are sorry we can’t stay with you. — ________. A. No, sorry at all B. I don’t think so C. Don’t think so D. That’s all right
36. I hope my boss will take my recent illness into ____ when judging my performance at work.? A. regard B. counting ? C. account D. observation 37. The brave man was greatly honoured when the organizer announced, “You ____ a medal!”? A. earn B. expect? C. deserve D. reserve? 38. — Jim, let’s hurry to the airport. Mabel is coming. — Oh, I was afraid________ . What’s made her change her mind? A. she would never come B. I would miss her C. she had already come D. I might have missed her 39. Flora and Jeff ________gone down under the water before they could move away. A. had neither B. all had C. both had D. had both 40. With ______ , the boy immediately cried out because of the great pain. A. his arm to be seized by the man B. the arm seized by the man C. the man seizing him by the arm D. the man seizing him by his arm 参考答案 CDDAA DCCBA ABAAD CCADC 13 21.--Would you mind giving him a message? -- ________.But _______,please. I’ll get a pen first. A Certainly not; just a moment B NO ,not at all ;hold up C Of course ,I don’t D I’d like to very much ;hold on 22.–Alice, why didn’t you come yesterday? --I _______,but I had an expected visitor. A had B would C was going to D did 23.Wouldn’t it be _____ wonderful world of all countries if the world lived in _____ peace with one another? A a ；不填 B the; 不填 C a ;the D the; the 24．—I’ve looked everywhere , but I haven’t found any black ink . left . — Then , I’m afraid there is A．nothing B．no one C．none D．neither 25. -- He was nearly killed by a car once. -- Oh. when was________ exactly? It was in 2002__________ he was riding a bike on the drive-way. A. this; that B. that; when C. that; that D. this; when 26. We waited and waited. _________ we had been looking forward to . A Then came the hour B Then did the hour come C Then the hour came D The hour then came 27. _____ scores of times , but he still couldn’t understand it . A Having explained B Having been explained C Though it was explained D It was explained 28．Liu Xiang’s breaking the world record was an exciting moment, ________ all of us will never forget. A．that B．one C．it D．what 29.－Must I show you how to operate the machine? －Oh, thank you. I __________ how to do it. A．had wondered B．would wonder C．was wondering D．did wonder 30．I’m sorry to say that I can’t imagine such a gentleman _________ be so rude to a lady. A．should B．might C．would D．could 31. The old woman has three sons ,and ______ are studying abroad now. A two of them B two of who C two of whom D of whom two 32.--Are you pleased with what he has done? -- Not a bit .It couldn’t be ________.
A so bad B much better C any worse D best 33. ---Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her? --- Yes , I gave it to her _____ I saw her. A while B suddenly C once D the moment 34. Oh ,I’m not feeling well in the stomach. I ________ so much fried chicken just now. A shouldn’t eat B mustn’t have eaten C shouldn’t have eaten D mustn’t eat 35. ______ different life today is from ____ it was 20 years ago. A What a , what B How ,what C What ,what D What a ,how 选择答案： 21-25 ACACB 26-30 ADBCA 31-35 ACDCB 14 21. — I'd rather go to the Blue Moon Restaurant because I prefer soft music while eating. — _________ Loud music makes me tense. A. My pleasure. B. How so? C. At your service. D. Me too! 22. Signnatel Inc, ______ world's largest maker of controller chips for MP3 players, is set to establish _______ new R & D centre in Hong Kong and open two sales offices on China's mainland. A. the; a B. the; the C. a; the D. a; a 23. It is reported that some mainland visitors to Hong Kong Disneyland didn't _______ the park rules and behaved improperly. A. get across B. keep to C. take up D. make up 24. The main cause of HIV / AIDS infection in China is drug abuse, ______ is very serious in Yunnan. A. what B. who C. that D. which 25. The _____, I think, he drew from his simple experiment is not scientific. A. conclusion B. charge C. promise D. relation 26. The man ____ of shooting 16 schoolchildren was returned to Anhui Province police on Friday following his arrest by Beijing police, the Xinhua News Agency reported on Friday. A. suspected B. suspecting C. being suspected D. to be suspected 27. In1994, China began collecting income tax from citizens earning more than 800 Yuan per month but only 1% people were earning more than _______; now about 60% earn the amount. A. this B. these C. those D. that 28. Scientists photographed for the first time ever _____ wild gorillas used a stick to test the depth of a pool before getting into it, according to a recent study. A. which B. what C. that D. when 29. — Is the man our sales-manager? — No, it ______ not be him he never plays cards. A. must B. can C. will D. may 30. — What do you think of Zhang LiangYing's English songs? — Very attractive and lively. Almost no other Super Girls can sing _____ at present, I think. A. well B. best C. better D. the best 31. — Ten dollars, please! — How terrible! I ______ bringing my wallet with me. A. was forgetting B. forgot C. had forgotten D. am forgetting 32. — Did you know any Chinese, Joyce, before you arrived in Beijing? — In fact, never _______ it. A. have I learned B. I have learned C. had I learned D. I had learned
33. There's no bus now, and we can't get home _______ by taxi. A. rather than B. other than C. more than D. less than 34. It ______ quite correct that happiness comes from thinking about things in a positive way. A. has turned out B. has been turned out C. is turning out D. is turned out 35. In the 19th century the government _____ land to settlers willing to take care of it. A. advocated B. separated C. divided D. distributed 答案 21．D 考查交际用语。从空格后的答语知答话人也喜欢轻音乐，两人有共同的爱好，即都 喜欢轻音乐，故选 D 项。 22．A 考查冠词。Sigmatel Inc 是世界上最大的 MP3 控制芯片制造商，最高级形容词前应 用 the；后一空指将要于香港创立一个新研发中心，散用不定冠词 a。 23．B 考查短语动词．A 项为“传播，使理解”，B 项为“遵守”；C 项为“从事，拿起，占据”： D 项为“组成，弥补，化妆”。结合题意知 B 项符合语境要求。 24．D 考查定语从句。which 引导一个非限制性定语从句。原句出自 China Daily。 25．A 考查名词区别及动词搭配。这里构成“draw a conclusion”短语。 26．A 考查非谓语动词。过去分词短语 suspected of shooting 16 schoolchildren 作 the man 的后置定语． 27． 考查代词。 D 原句出自关于中国将提高个人收入所得税起征额的一则新闻报道。 that 用 指代前文出现的金额——800 元。句意为:“中国于 1994 年起征个人收入所得税，当时仅 有 1％的人月收入超过 800 元，而今有 60％左右的人月薪超过 800 元。” 28．C 考查名词性从句。以 that 引导的宾语从句，充当 photographed 的宾语。科学家近期 首次发现野生大猩猩在进入水池之前先用一根木棒测量水的深度，科学家拍摄到了这些 场面。 29．B 考查情态动词用法。这里表否定推测，故用 can。 30．C 考查副词比较级。这里把张靓颖与其他超女比较，故用比较级，因前有否定词 no， 整个句子表达最高级含义。 31．B 考查动词时态。从“How terrible!”知忘记带钱包了，故用过去时态。 32．C 考查倒装句及时态。 33．B 考查副词短语．B 项意为“除……外”，符合题意。 34．A 考查短语辨析动词。turn out 这里作连系动词用，是不及物动词，故不用进行时态， 也不能用被动语态。 35．D 考查动词辨析．distribute 意为“分发、分配、分送”． 15 21.—That’s a big building going up, isn’t it? this construction job? — A. Were you just watching B. Did you just watch C. Have you just watched D. Didn’t you just watch 22. Dr. Frank failed many times but he finally to find a successful way to solve the problem. A. broke off B. broke up C. broke down D. broke through 23.—What’s today’s special? —Perhaps I suggest mushroom soup and clear soup. A. must B. might C. would D. could 24. Life is like sport, I mean it’s a hard competitive business. A. in which B. by which C. for which D. of which 25.—I was wondering whether perhaps you could remember the name of the place. —I’m afraid that me for the moment. A. reminds B. puzzles C. disturbs D. escapes 26.—Were the audience allowed to join in the play?
—Yes, the actors to satisfy the audience were successful. A. who it was the duty B. of which the duty was C. whose duty it was D. whose was the duty 27.—Were all the three people in the car injured in the accident? —No, only the two passengers who got hurt. A. it was B. there was C. there were D. there had 28. The exercise is not difficult but just needs care and patience. A. by itself B. of itself C. in itself D. for itself 29.—Is there any particular soup you would like to have? — you select is all right with me. A. Whatever B. Anyone C. No matter what D. Whichever 30.—When can we come to visit you? —Anytime you feel like . A. one B. it C .so D. that the manager asked you to give him a ring this 31. I expect you’ve already done it, afternoon. A. but B. and C. though D. so 32.—What happened? their clothes well. —As you know, my schoolmates never A. hanging B. hanged C. hung D. hang 33. If we go on using energy so wastefully, are our oil wells will be dried up before new energy sources can be found to replace oil. A. chances B. difficulties C. questions D. problems 34. We knew we were getting close to the park we started seeing the tiger right next to the road. A. when B. before C. while D. until 35.—Your dress is extremely nice, Helen. right. —Yes, but it doesn’t fit me around the neck A. rather B. pretty C. fairly D. quite 参考答案 26—30: CACDB 31—35: ACAAD 16 21. The door and the windows were all closed and there was no ______ of forced entry. A. scene B. show C. sign D. sight 22. —Why were you so angry ? —The shop assistant ______ me too much for the book. A. cost B. charged C. required D. requested 23. If you ______ at the corner when the truck passes, you will be knocked down.. A. are standing B. will be standing C. stand D. have stood 24. ______ is no possibility _____ Bob can win the first prize in the match. A. There, that B. There, whether C. It, that D. It, whether 25. —What did you think of _____ president? —I didn’t care for him at first, but after ______ time I got to like him. A. the, a B. /, the C. the, the D. /, a 26. —I can’t find Mr Smith. Where did you meet him this morning? —It was in the hotel _____ he stayed. A. that B. where C. which D. the one 27. Was it midnight _____ you fell asleep while reading with the candle still burning? A. when B. then C. that D. at which 28. —Susan married Jason last Sunday.
—Really? How long _____ each other? No more than a week, I’m afraid. A. did they know B. have they known C. have they got to know D. had they known 29. Mr and Mrs Scot prefer a restaurant in a small town to _____ in so large a city as New York. A. that B. the one C. one D. it 30. Written in a hurry, ______. How can it be satisfactory? A. They found many mistakes in the report B. Sam made lots of mistakes in the report C. There are many mistakes in the report D. The report is full of mistakes 31. —Why does Sara know so much about Angkor Wat? —She ______ have been there, or… A. must B. ought to C. can D. may 32. —Are you free after school? —Sorry, I’ve planned to treat a friend of mine to dinner ______ for help. A. in order B. in return C. in turn D. in honor 33 —I hope Bill won’t come. —_____, why did you invite him? A. Now what B. If so C. In case D. Even though 34. The soldiers soon reached ______ was once an old temple ______ the villagers used as a school. A. what , where B. what , which C. where , which D. what , where 35. The boy the teachers considered _____ was caught ______ in the exam, which surprised us very much. A. to be the best, cheating B. as the best student, to cheat C. to have been studying well, cheating D. as a good student, to cheat 参考答案 21-25 CBAAA 26-30 BADCD 31-35 DBBBA 36-40 CADBB 17 21. ---We’re afraid we can't finish the task within this month. . --A. Don’t be afraid B. That's right C. Take your time D. Not at all 22. He wasn’t asked to take on the chairmanship of the society, unpopular with all members. A. being considered B. considering. C. to be considered D. having considered 23. We can see clearly from the top of the building it is that the police are talking to. A. what B. where C. that D. who 24. ---Tim, what are you looking at ? ---Sorry, Mr. Smith. I ___ out at a bird outside the window. A. looked B. am looking C. have been looking D. was looking 25. ---Do you work hard at your lessons? ---Yes, I no efforts. A. spend B. spare C. waste D. share 26. The local health organization is reported ___ twenty-five years ago when Dr. Green became its first president. A. to be set up B. being set up C. to have been set up D. having been set up 27. --- When did he leave the classroom?
--- He left _____ you turned back to write on the blackboard. A. the minute B. the time C. until D. before 28. Because the first pair of shoes did not fit properly, I asked for _____. A. another shoes B. another one C. the others ones D. another pair 29. ---What new subject are you going to have in second grade? ---I' m going to learn second foreign language. A. a; the B. the; a C. the; 不填 D.不填; a 30. I wondered what you could be doing and what be happening to you. A. might B. must C. should D. had to 31. I have no idea I can find such a computer in such a short time. A. that B. why C. where D. when 32. ---What's the matter with Jane? She has been sitting there for hours. ---A letter from her mother an attack of home sickness in her. A. set out B. set off C. sent off D. sent up 33. --What can we do to help John? --All we can do is to try that he ought to study more. A. making him to realize B. making him realize C. to make him realized D. to make him realize 34. - Tom, I'm afraid I can't go to the picnic with you. -But you ___ me you would. A. had told B. have told C. told D. tell 35. You never get over being a child, ______ you have a mother to go to. A. as far as B. unless C. so long as D. although
参考答案 21-25 CADDB
18 21. Lianzhan said that people in Taiwan and Mainland must try hard to understand each other, and ______ misunderstanding. A. do away B. do up C. clear away D. clear up 22. _______ of us is perfect; we all may make mistakes.? A. Both B. None C. Neither D. All? 23. He narrowly missed being seriously hurt, if not______, by the explosion. A. killed B. being killed C. be killed D. to be killed 24. Susan ______for three years to be a computer analyst but found her progress discouraging . A. has worked B. worked C. had worked D. was working 25. Few people paid full attention to their health conditions _____ they were seriously ill. A. when B. if C. until D. before 26. As ______ humorous people, _______ British like playing a joke on others. A. the; 不填 B. 不填; the C. a; the D. the; the 27. I have to collect ______ about the topic before I start writing the book. A. a few more materials B. a few more material C. a little more materials D. a little more material 28. No one can walk the wire without a bit of fear unless ____ very young. A. having been trained B. trained C. to be trained D. being trained 29. By using your eyes you can tell the direction _____ light comes. A. in which B. from which C. with which D. on which 30. --- Could you tell me what he said just now? --- Sorry, I ______ what was going on outside. A. had thought B. was thinking C. thought D. think 31. -- Has Mary finished writing her article?
-- No, and it _____ before class was over. A. should be finished B. should finish C. should have finished D. ought to have been finished 32. As is generally agreed, a family without love is not _____ a family as a body without soul in a man. A. such B. as much of C. so much of D. much of 33. --- I want to be alone right now! Get the picture? --- _______. A. Yes, I like it very much B. Fine! I’ll leave, then. C. That’ll do. D. Yes, I’ll take it. 34. Only after the second tower of the World Trade Centre did people know it was not an accident, but an attack of some kind. A. had hit B. did fall C. was hit D. was fallen? 35. The villagers, _________ had been damaged by the flood, were given help by the Red Cross. A. all of their homes B. all their homes C. whose all homes D. all of whose homes 参考答案 21-25 DBACC 26-30CDBBB 31-35 DCBCD 19 1. ------- “I think you should phone Jenny and say sorry to her.” ------“_______. It was her fault.” A. No way B. Not possible C. No chance D. Not at all 22. ______was known to them all that William had broken his promise______ he would give each of them a gilt A. As, which B. What, that C. It , that D. It , which 23. “Oh, how fat he is!” “But I think he is __________than fat.” A. short B. shorter C. more short D. shortest 24. We were just about to leave_______ it started to snow. A. when B. before C. after D. since 25. The dish_____ nice , but the milk _____ sour. A. is smelt , is smelt B. is smelt , smells C. smells , is smelt D. smells , smells 26. I offered Susan the medicine for cough , but perhaps I ______ to take it. A. had to tell her B. must have told her C. ought to tell her D. should have told her 27. _________the year 2008 draws near, the construction of Olympic sites is catching the attention of the public. A. So long as B. As C. Once D. Whether 28. Certainly , you can get ______you are after by hard work. A. that B. where C. what D. some 29. My money ______. I’d better go to the bank to draw some of my savings out in case I have none in hand. A. has run out B. is running out C. has been run out D. is running out of 30. ------ When shall we start? ------ Let’s _____ it 8:30. Is that all right for you? A. set B. meet C. make D. take 31. ----- What’s made you so upset ? ---- ______ three tickets to the pop music concert.. A. Lost B. Losing C. Because of losing D. Since I lost 32. In western countries , oranges and apples are sold by____ weight while eggs are usually sold by_____ dozen. A. the ,the B. \ , a C. \ , the D. the , a
33. ---- Are you sure he is able to do the job well? ---- _____he would give his mind to it. A. In case B. Until C. If only D. Unless 34. ---- Was ______Jane? ---- Yes, it was_____ who phoned.. A. she , her B. it , she C. that , her D. her , she 35. So difficult _____ it to live in English-speaking country that I determined to learn English well. A. I have felt B. have I felt C. I did feel D. did I feel 参考答案 ACCAD DBCBC BCCBD 20 1. Each of the 400 people received from their boss ______ gift － “Who moved my cheese?” , ______ best-seller in the US, which helped them understand how to deal with changes in their lives and work. A. the; / B. a; / C. a; a D. the; a 2. On the way to the west they were accustomed to ____ their animals ____ from heat, thirst, and starvation . A. seeing; to suffer B. see; to suffer C. seeing; suffering D. saw; suffered 3. Sometimes advertisements make ________ possible for companies to sell the customers ______ money cannot buy. A. /; that B. it; what C. that; which D. /; whose 4. The Aborigines ________ in Australia for thousands of years, but their present lifestyle and culture differ little from __________ of their ancestors. A. have lived; that B. had been living; the one C. have been lived; ones D. have been living; those 5 － Will you be able to finish the job this week? － _____________. A. I can’t say so B. I don’t expect so C. I’m not sure so D. I don’t know so 6 － Do you know anything about a famous singer Dao Lang －Yes. He has sold millions of copies of his first record. I’m afraid it couldn’t be _____. A. the best B. any better C. any worse D. the worst 7 The house rent is expensive. I’ve got about half the space I had at home and I am paying _______ here. A. as three times much B. as much three times C. much as three times D. three times as much 8 He ______ his father’s place as president of the corporation at the age of 25. And he ________ to be more successful than his father. A. had taken; turned out B. took; has turned out C. took, has been turned out D. took; had turned out 9 － Why did you keep the portrait _____ you could see it every day? － Because it always reminded me of my university days in New York. A. which B. where C. in which D. in where 10 David used to be called two or three times ______ he would come to his dinner, _____ made his mother unhappy with him. A. before; and it B. after; which C. until; what D. unless; that 11 The girl who is kept _________ the nurse has _______ ill since last week. A. in the charge of; fallen B. in charge of; been C. in the charge of; been D. taken charge of; fallen 12 Tom’s pain _____ obvious upon his arrival at home, for mum asked pitifully, “Are you feeling all right?”
A. could be B. must be C. could have been D. must have been 13 Thank you for your visit to Cerruti.com. This site ______ and will be back online in the not-too-distant future. A. had updated B. is being updated C. will be updated D. updated 14. It is hoped that the teaching reform ____ in our school at present will bring the ___ result to the students. A. carried out, desiring B. carrying out, desired C. to carry out, desired D. being carried out, desired 15. －You have made great progress in your studies of English, haven’t you? －Yes, but much ______. A .is remained to be done B. is remained to do D. remains to do C. remains to be done 16.______ the eve of the Spring Festival, the evening show was broadcast live on CCTV-1, ____ brought great pleasure to the whole nation. A. On; that B. At; which C. In; what D. On, which 17. When IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch announced that Beijing ______ the 2008 Olympic Games, all Chinese watching him on TV ________ cheers. A. would host; burst into B. should host; burst out C. will get; burst through D. was host; shout at 18. － _____David come to see you ? － Of course, please. And I’d rather he _____ me the truth. A. Will; inform B. Shall; told C. Should; will tell D. Can; covers 19. He slipped and had his leg broken. ____ , he will have to be away from school for two or three months. A. In any case B. After all C .As a result D. In this way 20. －Congratulations to you ! I hear you got the first place in the English Speech Contest. －_______ . A. Don’t mention it. I think that’s only me pas B. Thanks . But I think I could have done better C. There’s nothing to cheer for. D. No, no. It’s a piece of cake. 答案 1-5 CCBDB 6-10 BDBBA 11-15 CDBDC 16-20 DABCB 21 21. We had __ really cold March two years ago in Huai'an, and I still remember __ spring when it snowed . A. a; / B. /; the C. the; a D. a; the 22. Tom has been preparing carefully for the English examination, so that he can be sure of passing it at his first __. A. request B. attempt C. promise D. purpose 23. I am __ that vase very much. I'll buy it at any price. A. appealed to B. attached to C. referred to D. applied to 24. At last the man had no choice but the computers from the office. A. admit to have stolen B. admit having stolen C. to admit to have stolen D. to admit having stolen 25. But for a/an __ from my parents, I __ to make ends meet before I got married. A. income; couldn't have managed B. salary; couldn't manage C. allowance; couldn't have managed D. insurance; couldn't manage 26. He has been living in Hainan for two years, and he is now __ to the hot weather. A. accountable B. accepted C. customers D. accustomed
27. The novels written by the author sell best, but five years ago no one could have imagined how great a role he __ in the literary(文学的) world. A. was to play B. was playing C. had played D. played 28. Franklin's move to quit smoking cigars to __ Rachel is seen by the servants as evidence __ he is in love with her. A. be pleased with; that B. please; which C. please; that D. be pleased with; which 29. --The weather isn't good enough for an outing, is it? --Not in the least. We can't have __ at this time of the year. A. a worse day B. a worst day C. a nicer day D. so fine a day 30. __ , she knew she'd never been there before. A. As familiar it seemed to her B. As it seemed familiar to her C. As familiar as it seemed to her D. Familiar as it seemed to her 31. Our team lost. It was a good game, __. A. although B. as though C. though D. still 32. --Jiangsu athletes did extremely well in the 10th National Games. --Yes, they __ very hard, or they __ such great achievements. A. must have been trained; couldn't have got B. must have trained; should have got C. must have been trained; mustn't have got D. should have been trained; couldn't have got 33. It is not rare in __ that people in __ fifties are going to university for further education. A. 90s; the B. the 90s； their C. the 90s; / D. 90s; their 34. He tried hard to keep calm in face of the policemen but the sweat on his forehead __ him __. A. gave.., away B. turned.., down C. showed.., out D. shut.., off 35. A healthy life is frequently thought to be __ with the open countryside and homegrown food. A. tied B. wind C. involved D. associated 参考答案 21-25.DBBDC 26-30.DACAD 31-35.CABAD 22 telephone, while I keep in touch （ ）21. I often have conversations with John over with Tom by letter. A. /; the B. the; / C. /; a D. the; a （ ）22. With his son ______, the old man felt unhappy. A. disappointed B. to be disappointed C. disappointing D. being disappointed （ ） Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, ______ obtaining water is not 23. the least. A. for which B. to which C. of which D. in which （ ）24. Americans eat ______ vegetables per person today as they did in 1910. A. more than twice B. as twice as many C. twice as many as D. more than twice as many （ ）25. Everything _____ into consideration, they ought to have another chance. A. making B. taken C. made D. taking （ ）26. We all feel it is Jack as well as his wife that _____ for their son’s bad performance at school.
A. are to blame B. is to be blamed C. are to be blamed D. is to blame ）27. ______, it looked like a simple accident, but later the police became suspicious(怀 疑). A. At the first sight B. Within sight C. At first sight D. In the sight ）28. Eat ___ cake you like and leave the others for __ comes late. A. any; who B. every, whenever C. whichever, whoever D. either, whoever ）29. ---- He looks hot and dry . ---- So you if you had a temperature of 40℃. A. would B. may C. must D. should ）30. Why! I have nothing to confess. _____ you want me to say? A. What is it that B. What it is that C. How is it that D. How it is that ）31. ----- Beg your pardon? ----- Oh, you ______ to me attentively. ----- _____ , but my hearing is poor. A. haven’t listened; Yes B. didn’t listen; No C. weren’t listening; Yes D. can’t have listened, No ) 32. My grandfather is as ______ as a young man and hates sitting around doing nothing all day. A. enthusiastic B. energetic C. talkative D. sensitive ）33. Having been attacked by terrorists, ____________. A. doctors came to their rescue B. the tall building collapsed C. an emergency measure was taken D. warnings were given to terrorists ）34. The mayor of Beijing says that all construction work for the Beijing Olympics __ by 2006. A. will have been completed B. has been completed C. has completed D. will have completed ）35.----How would you like your tea? ----________. A. Very quickly B. As it comes, please C. Very much D. I don’t like tea
参考答案：21. B C 28. C 29. A B
22. C 30. A
23. C 31. C
24. D 32. B
25. B 33. B
26. D 34. A
23 1. Thank you for sending us _________ fresh vegetables of many kinds. You have done us _____ great service. A. /; a B. the; a C. /; / D. the; / 2. "How did the plan strike you?" "It ____ , so we can't think too highly of it.“A. all depends B. makes no sense C. is so practical D. is just so so 3. ---Little Tom has cried for 20 minutes! --- _______. He'll be all right soon.
A. Leave him behind B. Leave him alone C. Leave him out D. Leave him over 4. You didn' t do anything wrong, --- you should have a clear ______. A. conscience B. sense C. awareness D. understanding 5. The Pacific region will be one of the fastest growing areas in the world in the 21st century. ______ shouldn' t be any doubt about it now. A. It B. That C. This D. There 6. At last the man had no choice but _____ the computers from the office. A. admit to have stolen B. admit having stolen C. to admit to have stolen D. to admit having stolen 7. ---What' s the weather like tomorrow, John? --- Well, I _____ it, for the scenic pictures drew my attention as the weather forecast was going on. A. was missing B. will miss C. have missed D. missed 8. In order to _____ a good knowledge of English, he gave up his job and went to study in an English school. A. require B. inquire C. acquire D. address 9. The new tax would force companies to _____ energy-saving measures. A. adopt B. adjust C. adapt D. accept 10. He will surely finish the job on time _____ he's left to do it in his own way. A. so that B. so long as C. in case D. for fear that 11. The data received from the two _____ whirling around Mars ____ that there is much evidence that huge thunderstorms are occurring about the equator of the planet. A. aircraft; indicates B. aircraft; indicate C. aircrafts; indicates D. aircrafts; indicate 12. Our house is being ______ to make way for a new road. A. knocked about B. knocked down C. knocked off D. knocked up 13. Fortunately it won' t make ______ of difference if I don’t pass the test.. A. the awful lot B. an awful lot C. a lot awful D. an awful lots 14.Because of falling orders, the company has been forced _____several hundred workers. A. laying down B. to lay aside C. laying off D. to lay off 15. ---I' m not quite sure ____ to get there. ---You' d better ____ a map. A. when; consult B. when; instruct C. how; consult D. how; instruct 参考答案 21-35. ACBAD DDCAB BBBDC 24 21. The store had to ______a number of shop assistants because sales were down. A. lay down B. lay out C. lay off D. lay aside 22. ---The weather report said that there is rain today. ---But I don’t think the football match will be put off_____. A. although B. even so C. even though D. as though 23. ____for the terrible accident, as the public thought, the mayor felt nervous and was at a loss what to do. A. Having blamed B. To blame C. Being to be blamed D. Being to blame 24. ---Did you have any trouble in getting there?
---No. _____ I would have telephoned you. A. However B. Otherwise C. Therefore D. Anyway 25. As the centuries went by, humans made more and more words. This is what we now ___by language. A. refer to them B. tell C. think D. mean 26. --- I’m sorry that I can’t go to your party tonight. --- _____ ? Haven’t we agreed on it? A. What is it B. Why don’t you C. What do you think D. How is it 27. It was not until dark____ he found _____ he thought was the way to solve the problem. A. that; what B. that; that C. when; what D. when; that 28. ____, I think, and the problems could be settled. A. If you double your efforts B. So long as you keep up your spirits C. Making greater efforts D. A bit more efforts 29. ---Do you still remember the accident? --- Yes, actually. I have experienced nothing________. A. but frightened B. except frightening C. more frightened D. more frightening 30. Some of the equipment came from Canada. How about ____? A. another B. the others C. the other D. the rest 31. I don’t smoke now, but I ____for almost ten years. A. ever smoked B. have ever smoked C. had ever smoked D. was ever smoking 32. --It is said that China has been a member of WTO since 11 December 2001. --Well, it’s wonderful that the Chinese people ___have made so much progress these years. A. must B. can C. should D. may 33 ---Haven’t you met each other at ____ party? ---Yes, but I can’t remember whether it is____ Christmas when we were in college. A. a ; the B. the; a C. a; a D. a; / 34. ---How did the plan strike you? ---It ___, so we can’t think too highly of it. A. all depends B. makes no sense C. is so practical D. is just so so 35. The teacher seldom let an opportunity to teach his students or to help them make up for the days of schooling they had missed ____. A. pass B. passing C. to pass D. being passed 参考答案:21—35 CBDBD DADDD ACCCA 25 21．—I’m sorry, but there’s no smoking on this flight . that . Sorry , I won’t again . —Oh, I A．don’t know B．didn’t know C．won’t know D．haven’t known 22．It is no longer a question man is learning more and more about space . A．whether B．that C．if D．how 23．—Do you think they have as many books as they’ve described ? —Well , in my opinion , they have few books , if . A．some B．any C．none D．many 24．—Anything interesting in today’s newspaper ? —There is nothing worth . A．to be read B．of being read C．reading it D．reading is known to all , dirty and disease go . 25．
A．It; in hand B．As ; hand in hand C．As ; in hand D．It ; hand in hand 26．When she was awake , she found that she was standing on seemed to be a piece of stone . A．that B．which C．what D．it 27．—What do you think of what he did in class ? —What he did was my imagination . A．through B．above C．beyond D．over 28．The news was a terrible blow to her , but she will the shock soon . A．get out B．get through C．get off D．get over 29．—Where can I stay for the night ? —I want to in Ying Ze Hotel . A．fix you up B．live you up C．give you up D．take you up 30．Peasants earn their living by selling agriculture in China . A．cost B．food C．products D．production should be paid to the ‘group’ effort rather than the ‘self’ effort . 31．The A．effort B．attention C．energy D．strength 32． from his twin at birth , he didn’t know he had a brother until he was twenty . A．Separate B．Separating C．Separated D．Been separating graduates go abroad to have a further study every year . 33．In China A．a great deal of B．many a C．a plenty of D．masses of 34．Lily’s mobile phone was left in a taxi accidentally , never again . A．to find B．to be found C．finding D．being found 35． , they decided to get someone else to continue the work . A．Given out B．Giving out C．To give out D．Give out 参考答案 21—25 BBBDB 26—30 CCDAC 31—35 BCDBB 26 21. Take this box and _______ you can find enough space. A. put it which B. put up it which place C. put it wherever D. put it in where 22. - Each of the students, working hard at his or her lessons, _________ to go to college. - So do I. A. hope B. hopes C. is hoping D. are hoping 23. -What do you think of what he did in class? -Why he did it was ________ my imagination. A. through B. above C. beyond D. over 24. The WTO cannot live up to its name ______ it does not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind. A. as long as B. while C. if D. even though 25. _______, we were taken to see the library. A. We had been shown the classrooms B. Being shown the classrooms C. Having been shown the classrooms D. Having shown the classrooms 26. - Will you go to the party? - Of course I will if ____________. A. having invited B. invited C. I was invited D. I will be invited 27. I might fail, but _______ I insist on doing it. I don' t mind. A. however B. anyhow C. yet D. meanwhile 28. _______, the bookseller gave him something else as a present. A. To the boy's delight B. To the boy's surprising C. To the boy joy D. To make the boy's happy
29. ________ late in the morning, Bob turned off the alarm. A. To sleep B. Sleeping C. Sleep D. Having slept 30. - Look, John's fallen asleep. - Oh, he ________ too late last night. A. might sit up B. should have sat up C. could sit up D. must have sat up 31. He is so learned a young man that I am sure it would be impossible to find his ________. A. same B. similar C. equal D. reflection 32. Television has so many advantages. It keeps us ________ about the _________ news, and also provides entertainment in the home. A. informed , latest B. to know, later C. learning, later D. to think, latest 33. She was robbed of her handbag with the _________ sum of $ 5,000 in it. A. extraordinary B. important C. considerable D. valuable 34. - Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her? -Yes. I gave it to her ________ I saw her. A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. once 35. - Have you rung Professor Li? - Last week I _______ him for our next meeting but I _________. A. rang, forgot B. could have rung, forget C. rang, forget D. should have rung, forgot
参 考 答 案 21-25 CACBD
27 21. — Since you like the fur coat so much, why not buy it? — Well, I can't afford ______ coat. A. that expensive a B. a that expensive C. that an expensive D. an expensive that 22. ——How is it that you are late for class again? ——________. A. By bus and then on foot B. It's quite all right C. Because I missed the bus D. It's far from school 23. As we know, the sooner coastal populations are _____ a coming tsunami (海啸), the greater their chances of escaping. A. used to B. informed with C. warned of D. known about 24. It was 2 hours’ wait by the time the announcement , saying my flight was canceled . A．had been made B．was made C．made D．was making 25. I told you that you shouldn't waste your time playing the computer games, _____? A. didn't I B. did I C. should you D. shouldn't you 26. Always acting in a strange way, Einstein must have _____ to people around to be mad. A. shown B. imagined C. appeared D. thought 27. He never thought that they would choose him ______ captain of the football team though he was already in _____ late twenties. A. /; his B. a; his C. the; the D. a; the 28. Mr. Green told his children to keep in _____ the rules of safety when they swam. A. minds B. mind C. their minds D. their mind 29. _____ the reason may be, physical punishment to children is illegal(违法). A. For whatever B. Whatever C. No matter how D. However 30. I don’t feel very well. I think I’m _____ with the flu. A. going up B. dropped in
C. getting in touch D. coming down 31. ,the dancers practice hard to make their dreams come true . A．Instead of being disabled B．Being disabled C．Disabled as they are D．In case of being disabled 32. –Do you like swimming in a lake? –_____. I think swimming in big rivers is a lot more interesting. A. No problem B. Not so badly C. Probably not D. Not all that much 33. Understanding the culture habits of another nation, especially _____ containing as many as different subcultures as the United States, is a complex task. A. the one B. one C. that D. those 34. During the voyage the sailor caught a deadly disease _____, in those days, medical science was helpless. A. that B. which C. to which D. against which 35. The room is furnished _____. A. with a modern furniture B. with a set of modern furniture C. for a piece of modern furniture D. for some modern furniture 参考答案：21~25 ACCBA 26~30 CABBD 31~35 CDBDB 28 21. After supper she would sit down by the fire，sometimes for ______ an hour，thinking of her young and happy days． A. as long as B. as soon as C. as much as D. as many as 22. — Why didn't you tell Tom the truth? — . A. Yes, I was afraid to be scolded by him B. No, but I wanted to C. But I did D. I always hate telling lies 23. For quite _____ students，their teacher's advice is more important than _____ of their parents'． A．few；one B．a little；some C．a few；that D．a lot；many 24. －Have you ________ any information? －No, I’m going to ____________ the business department. A. picked up; call at B. picked out; call on C. got; call on D. received; drop in 25. Mr. Smith was much surprised to find the watch he had had was nowhere to be seen. A. it B. it repaired C. repaired D. to be repaired 26. －Are you coming to the English evening? －I’m not sure. I ________ go to the concert instead. A. must B. would C. should D. might 27. They found it difficult for them to hard conditions they might face． A．prepare themselves for B．prepare C．get it ready D．be ready 28. —Won't you go shopping with your mother？ — she promises to buy me a new sweater． A．Now that B．In case C．If D．Unless 29. He is rather difficult to make friends with， but the friendship of his，______ ，is truer than any other． A．once gained B．when to gain C．after gained D．while gaining 30. —You have accepted the job offered by the company，haven't you？ —No．And ．I'm now working in a better one． A．I'm happy I didn't B．I was happy I didn't C．I'm happy I have D．I was happy I have
31. China became the 143rd member of the World Trade Organization on December 11，2001， thus its 15-year wish to join the global trade body． A．having realized B．realized C．realizing D．to realize 32. A pair of glasses _______on the table，but the glasses _______ yours． A. is；aren't B. are；isn't C. is；isn't D. are；aren't 33. He had meant to tour the deserted temple for ______ fun but he didn’t find ______ fun for doing that. A. /; / B. /; the C. the; the D. a; the 34. －He has failed in the exam again. －But _______ that? He _______ hard. A. have you expected; has never worked B. have you expected; had never worked C. do you expect; has never worked D. did you expect; had never worked 35. I shall never forget the day ______ Shen Zhou V was launched, ______ has a great effect on my life. A. that, which B. when, which C. which, that D. when, that 参考答案 21—35 ACCAC DADAA CABDB 29 21．—What’s that unpleasant noise? —Oh, the road before the main gate . A．is repairing B．is being repaired C．is repaired D．has been repaired 22．I’d like to Live somewhere the sun shines all year long. A．which B．that C．where D．in which 23． baby might show fear of an unfamiliar adult, A he is likely to smile and reach out to another baby. A．and B．or C．so D．but 24 ． Most students believe that teachers know exactly how to put their compositions . A．correct B．straight C．right D．well 25．I to go for a walk, but someone called and I couldn’t get away. A．was planning B．planned C．had planned D．would plan 26．—According to the agreement, you must finish the work by this month. —Don’t worry. We’re trying hard and it that long. A．hasn’t lasted B．won’t last C．didn’t last D．doesn’t last 27．When Paul saw the truck coming towards him, he stopped his car to make for it to pass. A．room B．a move C．an effort D．time 28．In face of failure, it is the most important to keep up good state of mind. A．不填；a B．a; 不填 C．the; 不填 D．不填；the 29．Neither her father nor her mother would give permission to buy that CD player. A．his B．their C．her D．one’s 30． to understand what he doesn’t, he makes a fool of himself. A．Always pretending B．Always pretended C．Having always pretended D．Always being pretended a mistake in reviewing the report, please bring it to my attention. 31．If you
A．come along B．come across C．come around D．come about 32．The project is designed in this way and once , nothing can be done to change it. A．starts B．starting C．started D．having started 33．—Your book, Tommy? —No, Mom, it’s my friend’s. —Remember to return it to name is on it. A．what B．which C．whose D．whoever 34．None of them had expected that the middle-aged engineer died his design uncompleted. A．with B．from C．without D．of 35．— I stay with you? —Well, I would rather you me alone for a while. A．Will; leave B．Shall; leave C．Will; left D．Shall; left 参考答案 21.B 22.C 23.D 24.C 25.C 26.B 27.A 28.A 29.C 30.A 31.B 32.C 33.D 34.A 35.D 30 21. English is one of the ______ languages at international meetings. A. work B. working C. speaking D. spoken 22. In such dry weather the flowers will have to be watered if they _____. A. have survived B. would survive C. are to survive D. will survive 23. No man is born _____. We all need to learn to become _____. A. wise; wise B. wisely; wisely C. wise; wisely D. wisely; wise 24. ____person like him won’t be satisfied with ____ little progress that he has made. A. The; a B. The; / C. A; / D. A; the 25. I don’t think this jacket _______ you and that your hat _______ this jacket perfectly. A. suits; fits B. fits; matches C. matches; suits D. meets; fits 26. The discovery of the new evidence led to ______. A. the thief having caught B. catch the thief C. the thief being caught D. the thief to be caught 27. The media can often help solve problems and _____ attention to situations ______ help is needed. A. take; which B. draw; where C. pay; that D. draw; / 28. I _____ to help you to do homework but I couldn’t spare any time. I _____ a composition last night and I’ll finish it today. A. wanted; wrote B. had wanted; was writing C. have wanted; wrote D. wanted; have been writing 29. Eat _____ cake you like and leave the other for _____ comes in late. A any, who B. every, whoever C. whichever, whoever D. either, whoever 30. I was scared and feeling pretty anxious, _______ in a new country. A. for the first time I was B. this being my first time C. being my first time D. I was the first time 31. Swimming alone ____ be ____ dangerous. Do be careful. A. need, highly B. may, high C. can; highly D. can; high 32. Jane told the police man that her gold necklace ______. A. was stolen of B. was robbed from C. had been stolen from D. had been robbed of 33. By no means _____ to your parents. A. is this the first time you are lying B. this is the first time you have lied
C. this is the first time you tell a lie D. is this the first time you have lied 34. ---- Who were those people with the flag? ---- A group _______ itself the league for peace. A. calling B. called C. calls D. is called 35. He was so pleased with all ______ we had done for him _____ he wrote us a letter to praise us for it. A. what; what B. what; that C. that; what D. that; that 答案 21．B. Working languages 工作语言；实用的，有用的语言 a working knowledge of computers 22．C. are to survive 如果他们要存活的话，if 条件句中不用将来时 23 A. 第一空用形容词 wise 做主语补足语，第二空 wise 用形容词做表语 24.D . A 冠词表示不定指，“像他这样的一个人” the 表示定指，“他取得的那么一点点进步” 25. B .Fits 表示大小尺寸的适合，物做主语， matches 表示相匹配。 26. C. led to 中的 to 是介词后接名词或动名词，e.g. lead to his being late 27. B. draw attention to 吸引某人的注意力 situation, case,后常用 where 引导定语从句 pay attention to 关注，注意 28. B. had wanted 表示原本要做某事，从后句 I’ll finish it today 可知 writing 动作还没完成用 进行时态 was writing 表示。 29. D.解题关键是后句中的 the other 说明共有两块蛋糕，故第一空用 either 表示另外一块 30. B. this being my first time 独立主格结构， 31. C. Can 表示理论上的可能，highly 表示抽象意义的高度危险。 32. D. Rob 常用人 sb.做宾语，rob sb. of sth 其中 sth 做 of 的宾语，而 steal sth from sb 33. D. By no means 决不，否定意义放在句首，句子用倒状句。 This is the first time ……句型中常用完成时态。 34. A. calling itself the league for peace.在句中做定语修饰主语 a group 35. D. all 做先行词用 that 引导定语从句，what 不可以引导定语从句。 What 相当于一个名词 加 that。第二空的 that 与 so 连接 so…… that 表示如此。。 。。以至 31 21．Your task is to change words so that the sentence__________. A．1oses heart B．makes sense C．sets sail B．should tell D．would tell D．takes it easy 22．Since you knew it，you________ us about it earlier. A．should have told C．would have told
23．—Now that you like the car so much，why not drive it back? —Well，I can’t afford_________ car. A．that big a A．be weighed A．concentrate B．a that big B．to be weighed B．promote C．that a big C．to weigh C．associate D．a big that D．weighed D．accumulate 24．I'd like to have this package________，madam. 25．We should not sacrifice environmental protection to__________ economic growth. 26．Drama is a huge part of British culture and has been_________ with great success to other parts of the world． A．delivered A．appeal B．performed B．react C．exported C．blame D．shown D．burst 27．Do you fear that you’ll_________ into tears or shake with anger in front of her?
28．Whoever has________ sense knows that smoking is harmful to people’s health. A．normal A．enthusiastic B．general B．athletic C．ordinary C．energetic C．was at a loss C．identification C．despite D．common D．symbolic D．was lost D．starvation D．beyond 29．The retired worker is very__________ about neighborhood affairs. 30．The government________ to know how to deal with the violence. A．suffered losses B．1ost a loss A．edition A．throughout B．immigration B．within 31．Early________ of a disease can prevent death and illness． 32．Mankind’s knowledge of the universe has increased_________ measure． 33．There was__________ that thirteen people in all had taken part in planning the murder． A．account B．certificate C．evidence D．concept 34．Mrs. White bough a___________ wallet for her husband. A．small black leather C．small leather black B．black leather small D．black small leather
35 ． After 15 years in the USA ， he has finally decided to__________ American citizenship. A．concentrate on 21．B 31．C 22．A 32．D 23．A 33．C B．apply for 24．D 34．A C．1ook out for D．appeal to 25．B 26．C 27．D 28．D 29．A 30．C 35．B 32 21．—You must obey every word of mine! 一 I don’t? A．How about B. What if C．So what D．what about 22．The major world powers are afraid of in the weapon race． A．falling behind B．falling down C. being left alone D．being left behind 23．The rich only themselves with making money and had no eye for the needs and welfare of their workers． A．occupied B．concerned C．enjoyed D. devoted 24．Let’s hope the sunny weather for Saturday’s tennis match． A. keeps up B．picks up C．closes up D．clears up 25.If you want to see a doctor, you fix a date with him ahead of time．That is a common in the USA. A．sense B．practice C．rule D．reality 26．一 Where do you prefer to work after graduation? 一 I’ve made up my mind to go I’m most needed． A. where B．to where C. to the place D. to which 27．He looked at us hopefully and said“ all of you succeed this time．I will be waiting for good news from you．” A．wish B．hope C．may D．will 28．After floods had destroyed crops and houses，the farmers in the village were food and shelter． A．in favour of B．in hope of C．in charge of D．in want of to new developments in technology. 29．The results of this research can
A．be applied B．be appealed C．be accustomed D．be added 30．Why she wants to go and live there alone is quite me. A．over B．out of C. beyond D．up to 31． Your performance in the driving test didn't reach the required standard, you failed. A．in the end B．after all C. in other words D．in all 32．I can't tell you the exact time when I’ll get there，maybe at eight or a nine or later. ,I’ll be there as early as I can． A．anyhow B．However C．Thus D. Therefore 33. Mr．Barret doesn’t think that all bad language should be allowed，In his opinion，there are that should be kept up． A．degrees B．1evels C limits D．standards 34． Children under six are not to school except those of extraordinary intelligence. A．permitted B．admitted C．accepted D．received the world’s production of vehicles. 35．Paper produced every year is three times A．as heavier as B．more heavier C．of the weight of D．the weight of 参考答案21-25 BAAAB 26-30 ACDAC 31-35 CADBD 33 21．—Are you ready to leave? —Almost ,Just as soon as I putting the clean dishes away. A．get through B．give up C．carry out D．set about 22．What fun it is to walk alone with full moon hanging in the sky. A．a ;the B．a; / C．the; a D．/; a 23．—Have you ever read The Brief History of Time? —Yes . While in Britain ,I it a couple of times. A．have read B．read C．had read D．was reading 24．— I book a table for dinner in advance? .The restaurant is always full of people. —Yes ,you A．Must ; can B．Will; will C．Shall ;need D．Shall ;must 25．Listening to the lecture given by Professor Stephen Hawking is an exciting moment , I’m looking forward to. A．what B．it C．one D．that 26．There is no doubt you will be welcomed warmly. A．how B．why C．if D．that 27．Construction of the new hospital is according to the timetable. A．marching B．achieving C．progressing D．moving 28．Prizes have been given to those they think to be worthy of praise. A．whom B．whomever C．who D．whoever to us. 29．Among these ships are one A．belonged B．belonging C．belongs D．belong 30．Soon the thief was caught and fined five times he should have paid. A．as many money as B．the amount of money C．the money as D．more money as 31．—I never thought the film would be so bad. — . A．No ,neither did I B．Yes ,I also never thought C．Yes ,so did I D．No ,I didn’t neither 32．—What shall I do with this passage? the main idea of it . —Just
A．finding out B．found out C．find out D．to find out 33． anxious, your language acquisition while you are learning a foreign language. A．The less ;the more B．The less ; the better C．The more ;the more D．The more ; the fewer 34．The answer is connected with the main use the body makes of food—to supply the energy for movement. A．where B．why C．what D．which 35．He stopped at a notice which “No before 12 noon”. A．read ;admission B．wrote; permission C．said; appreciation D．says; consideration 参考答案 21—25：ADBDC 26—30：DCABB 31—35：ACBDA 34 11. The purpose of the new plan is to make life easier, ______ it more difficult. A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make 12. —— It seems impossible for you to cover that long distance! —— In no way ______ give up. A. shall I B. must I C. I shall D. I will 13. The French pianist who had been praised very highly______ to be a great disappointment. A. turned up B. turned in C. turned down D. turned out 14. Please don’t forget him. He is one of______. A. those invited B. invited those C. those inviting D. inviting those 15. I’m ______ that the______ story made everybody sad. A. surprising, moving B. surprised, moved C. surprised, moving D. surprising, moved 16. ______ he failed in the important exam made his parents______. A. What, disappointed B. What, disappointing C. That, disappointed D. That, to be disappointed 17. ______ came______ all the prisoners were set free. A. Words, that B. Word, if C. Word, that D. Words, what 18. This is a new kind of machine______ parts are all made by ourselves. A. which B. that C. those D. whose 19. He asked me what ______. A. was the matter B. the matter was C. is the matter D. the matter is 20. It was only later ______ people realized his greatness. A. which B. who C. what D. that 21. At the end of this meeting, they ______ an agreement that both sides should respect each other. A. arrived B. held C. reached D. touched 22. She is a strange girl and sometimes her ideas are hard ______. A. to be understood B. to understand C. understanding D. understood 参考答案 11-15 BADAC 16-20 CCDAD 21-22 CB 35 21．--Hello! May I speak to Jack, please? --Yes, speaking. --Oh, I _______ your voice at first.
A．don’t recognize B．didn’t recognize C．hadn’t recognize D．haven’t recognized 22．Other men live to eat, ________ I eat to live. A．and B．when C．while D．or 23．--Sam speaks _________ English like a native. I always admire him. --Now he is learning _________ more difficult language ---Arabic. A．an; a B．/; the C．/; a D．the; a 24．I like the idea that cattle _________ run away when you hunt them A．don’t B．doesn’t C．didn’t D．hadn’t 25．The kind of humor I like is the thing ________ makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes. A．that B．/ C．what D．it 26．I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to _________. A．have sense B．do sense C．take sense D．make sense 27．He is _________ scolding his child, which is not a good way to educate him. A．often B．usually C．always D．frequently 28．--Tom isn’t here now. --________ left by the back door? A．Must he have B．Had he C．Can he have D．Should he have 29．We prefer to die a hero, ________ live a slave. A．more than B．other than C．rather than D．better than 30．--What happened to Mr. Smith early this morning? --Oh, he was seen ________ down and the driver __________ away. A．knock, drive B．knocking, driving C．knocked, drove D．to knock, driven 31．Look at the pictures and see if you can __________ the man who attacked you. A．point at B．point to C．point out D．point up 32．Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they ________ to do with it. A．don’t have anything B．didn’t have anything C．have nothing D．had had nothing 33．Don’t be too __________ about things you are not supposed to know. A．strange B．amusing C．curious D．satisfied 34．We’ll build more houses like this in the years ________. A．coming B．come C．to come D．will come 35．As the proverb ________, an enemy in disguise(伪装) is a wolf in sheep’s ________. A．lies; dress B．says; clothes C．speaks; cloth D．goes; clothing 参考答案：21—25 BCCAA 26—30 DCCCC 31—35 CBCCD 36 21．—Wow , your homework looks great! it on my computer. —I A．did B．do C．will do D．had done 22．I try to make him understand that I’m not interested in him ,but he never gets the . A．information B．news C．message D．word 23．The new type of cellphone better if it is advertised on TV. A．will sell B．sells C．would sell D．sold 24．Some people waste a lot of food others in the world haven’t enough to eat. A．after B．when C．as D．while 25．Over 30,000 people in the huge earthquake that occurred in India. A．have killed B．were killed C．killed D．are killed 26．Would you please say your number again? I didn’t just now. A．put it down B．put it up C．put it out D．put it off
27．—I have taken someone else’s T-shirt by mistake. Is it Jane’s ? —It be hers . She seldom wears red. A．won’t B．can’t C．needn’t D．mustn’t 28． by his grandparents , Jimmy wasn’t used to living with his parents. A．To bring up B．To be brought up C．Brought up D．Being brought up machine repairers 29．In Shenzhou VI ,Chinese astronauts aren’t only spaceship drivers, and scientists. A．so B．or C．and D．but 30．—I think you have too much luggage ,don’t you? —Yes. But it’s not easy to decide what to behind. A．take B．turn C．keep D．leave 31．To test which foods are better for a long space journey ,the astronauts in Shenzhou VI had as many as 50 dishes . A．to choose B．to be chosen C．to choose from D．to be chosen from people attach positive meanings. 32．A good ad often uses words A．in which B．to which C．which D．that 33．Peter has been out of work for half a year, so he wants to a job in this company . A．prepare for B．apply for C．wait for D．care for 34．—How long are you staying there? — depends. A．It B．Anything C．This D．Everything 35．In which play of Shakespeare’s is it Viola appears? A．where B．which C．who D．that 参考答案：21—25：ACADB 26—30：ABCDD 31—35：CBBAD 37 1．Before building a house, you will have to _________ the government’s permission. A．get from B．follow C．receive D．ask for 2．The doctor advised Vera strongly that she should take a holiday, but _______ didn’t help. A．it B．she C．which D．he 3．He have completed his work; otherwise, he wouldn’t be enjoying himself by the seaside. A．should B．must C．wouldn’t D．can’t 4. There _________ be any difficulty about passing the road test since you have practiced a lot in the driving school. A. mustn’t B. shan’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t 5．When help, one often says “Thank you.” or “It’s kind of you.” A．offering B．to offer C．to be offered D．offered 6. He hurried to the station only ______ that the train had left. A. to find B. finding C. found D. to have found 7． in a white uniform , he looks more like a cook than a doctor . A．Dressed B．To dress C．Dressing D．Having dressed 8．I was surprised by her words , which made me recognize silly mistakes I had made . A．what B．that C．how D．which 9. I'm moving to the countryside because the air there is much fresher than________ in the city. A. ones B. one C. that D. those 10. In our childhood, we were often _______ by Grandma to pay attention to our table manners. A. demanded B. reminded C. allowed D. hoped 11. The place _______ the bridge is supposed to be built should be ________the cross-river
traffic is the heaviest. A. which; where B. at which; which C. at which; where D. which; in which 12 . ---- Don't you think it necessary that he _______ to Miami but to New York? ---- I agree, but the problem is ________ he has refused to. A. will not be sent; that B. not be sent; that C. should not be sent; what D. should not send; what 13．The manager, _______ it clear to us that he didn’t agree with us, left the meeting room. A．who has made B．having made C．made D．making 14．—Must I turn off the gas after cooking? —Of course . You can never be careful with that . A．enough B．too C．so D．very 15．Nowadays, a large number of women, especially those from the countryside, _________ in the clothing industry. A．is working B．works C．work D．worked 16．In the dark forests ________, some large enough to hold several English towns. A．stand many lakes B．lie many lakes C．many lakes lie D．many lakes stand 17. With more forests being destroyed, huge quantities of good earth ______ each year. A. is washing away B. is being washed away C. are washing away D. are being washed away 18. The country life he was used to ______ greatly since 1992. A. change B. has changed C. changing D. have changed 19. The president spoke at the business meeting for nearly an hour without _________ his notes. A．bringing up B．referring to C．looking for D．trying on 20. _________ I explained on the phone, your request will be considered at the next meeting. A．When B．After C．As D．Since 21. It is almost five years we saw each other last time. A. before B. since C. after D. when 22. There is no light in the dormitory. They must have gone to the lecture, ________? A. didn't they B. don't they C. mustn't they D. haven't they 23. I'm going to the supermarket this afternoon. Do you have anything ________? A. to be buying B. to buy C. for buying D. to be bought 24. Along with the letter was his promise ________ he would visit me this coming Christmas. A. which B. that C. what D. whether 25．You must keep on working in the evening, ______ you are sure you can finish the task in time A．as B．if C．when D．unless 26. recent report stated that the number of Spanish speakers in the U.S. would be higher than the number of English speakers by year 2090. A. A; the B. A;不填 C. The;不填 D. The; a 27．While watching television, __________. A．the doorbell rang B．the doorbell rings C．we heard the doorbell ring D．we heard the doorbell rings 28．－Shall we go to the art exhibition right away? － . A．It’s your opinion B．I don’ t mind C．It’s all up to you D．That’s your decision 29. _________ in the regulations that you should not tell other people the password of your e-mail account.
A. What is required B. What requires C. It is required D. It requires 30. Some researchers believe that there is no doubt ______ a cure for AIDS will be found. A. which B. that C. what D. whether 答案：(1-5)DABCD (6-10)AAACB (11-15)CBBBC (16-20)BDBBC (21-25)BDDBD (26-30)ACCCB 38 21. ---When are you leaving for Hong Kong? ---I don’t know. __________. A. It doesn’t matter B. Never mind C. That’s OK D. It depends 22. ____________ the law should be punished. A. Anyone breaks B. Whoever breaks C. No matter who breaks D. Those break 23. It is believed that the college tuition fee will certainly ________the difficulty of a poor family. A. add to B. add up C. add up to D. add 24. He might not come this evening. __________, we won’t hold the party. A. In any case B. In case C. In that case D. In no case 25. ---I got the first prize in the English competition. ---This ____________ a celebration! A. calls on B. calls off C. calls up D. calls for 26. --- Do you mind my turning on the air-conditioner? ---Well, I’d rather you __________. A. didn’t B. don’t C. won’t D. haven’t 27. We’re sure to win the entrance examination ___________ next year. A. held B. being held C. to be held D. having been held 28. When you read the reference book, you’d better make a mark _______ you have any doubts. A. which B. in which C. where D. in where 29. If you run after two hares, you will catch __________. A. neither B. either C. both D. each 30. I couldn’t afford the ticket, so I had to watch the __________TV broadcast of Sun Nan’s concert at home. A. lively B. live C. alive D. living 31. Mr. Chen said the revision would be finished by January, ________ , personally , I doubt very much. A. it B. that C. which D. what 32. It was my ___________that your cell phone was stolen. A. mistake B. problem C. error D. fault 33. We can gain _______ knowledge of the past events by studying history. A. / B. the C. a D. an 34. To go to school before 6:30 to read English seems to a rule ___________. A. never to be broken B. never to be breaking C. never to have broken D. never to been broken 35. ----How are you getting along with your English study ? ----So far ________. A. so well B. as well C. quite well D. so good 36. The girl wanted to end her life and ________all her worries in her world. A. get away from B. take away from C. keep away from D. break away from 37. You can’t imagine the difficulty I have ___________the problem! A. to solve B. solved C. solving D. solve 38. ______so many people communicating in English every day, it will become more and more important to use English freely. A. As B. With C. Because D. If
39. Why? I have nothing to confess. I really have no idea ____________you want me to say. A. that what it is B. what is it that C. what it is that D. that it is what 40. The leaders discussed the plan they would like to see______ the coming week. A. carry out B. carrying out C. to carry out D. carried out 41. He ________ fault with me. How can we get on well with each other? A. always finds B. is always finding C. has always found D. will always find 42. The water level of the river _________by l metre after the heavy rain. A. rose B. was risen C. raised D. was raised th 43. Following the _________ success in every field in the 20 century, China will make even greater progress. A. history-made B. history-making C. making-history D. made-history 44. The smile on Dad’s face suggested that he ________ satisfied with what his son had done. A. should be B. is C. was D. be 45. I’ll never forget the poor village ________ we visited during the summer vacation. A. that B. where C. to which D. in which 46. The old photo brought the hours back to me ______I was a primary school student in that far-away town. A. until B. that C. when D. who 47. I’m not sure what the girl’s _______in the play is, but I think she will act the heroine. A. actress B. performance C. role D. demonstration 48. So far 6 Chinese Americans have been _____the Nobel Prize for their outstanding contribution to science. A. rewarded B. awarded C. shown D. offered 49. Zhong Nanshan made another wonderful discovery, _______ of great value to study SARS. A. which I think is B. which I think it is C. I think it is D. I think is 50. ---What about having a drink? ---____________. A. Me, too B. Go ahead, please C. Help yourself D. Good idea 单项选择 DBACD ACCAB CDCAD ACBCD BABCA CCBAD 39 21. ----Would you please lend me the dictionary? ---- ____. A. You are welcome B. Not at all C. Thank you D. Here you are 22. Five apples are not enough for them, they need ____. A. three another B. three other C. three more D. three more than 23. ----Where ____ the dictionary? I can't see it anywhere. ----I ____ it right here. But now it's missing. A. did you put; have put B. have you put; put C. had you put; was putting D. were you putting; have put 24. ----Where is Mary? ----At ____. A. Mr. Brown's B. the Browns C. Mr. Browns D. the Mr. Browns' 25. What the boy ____ make his friends happy. A. does did B. did did C. do do D. do does 26. Is this school ____ you studied at ten years ago? A. which B. that C. where D. the one 27. ----It's too late now. I think it's time for me to leave. ---- ____. A. Good idea B. Good night C. Good evening D. Really 28. ----The cake smells delicious. ---- ____.
A. So does it B. So it does C. So is the cake D. So it is 29. I ____ my father ____ and he did so. A. advised; to stop smoking B. tried to persuade; to give off smoking C. persuaded; to give up smoking D. suggested; to stop to smoke. 30. Grandpa is old, but he is still very ____. A. living B. alive C. strong D. younger 31. Can you ____ me ten dollars? I'll pay it ____ to you tomorrow. A. borrow; off B. lend; off C. borrow; back D. lend; back 32. ----Have a nice holiday! ---- ____. A. The same as you B. You do, too C. The same to you D. The same with you 33. “Is there anyone in your class ____ the name of Mary?”____. A. whose; No B. her; None C. by; No one D. called; Nobody 34. The girl ____ a beautiful skirt has told me the news. Which is not right? A. wearing B. dressed in C. in D. having on 35. They told us that these small apples are often sweeter than big ____. A. those B. one C. that D. ones 参考答案 21. D 表示“给你”。 22. C three more 表示“再多三个”。 23. B 24. A Mr. Brown's = The Browns' “在布朗先生家”。 25. B 第一个 did 做主语从句的谓语, 第二个 did 是主句谓语的强调形式。 26. D 此处的 the one = the school, 在定语从句中充当 at 的宾语, 故定语从句中的关系代词 that/which 省略了。 27. B Good-night 意思是“晚安”。 28. B So it does = Indeed it smells delicious. 29. C 30. B alive 此处意思是“有活力”。 31. D pay sb. money back = pay money back to sb. 表示“还某人的钱”或“偿付 （借款） pay sb. ”。 off 表示“付清工资解雇某人”和“偿清（欠款）”。 32. C 双方同时度假, 互相祝愿时用语。 33. C by the name of× ××=whose name is×××= who is called×××。当被问及“有没有人”或“谁”时, 你要回答“no one”或“nobody”。 34. D 此题四项都表示“穿着”这一含义, 但“have on”没有进行时, 因而也没有现在分词形式 做后置定语。 35. D 此题中 big ones = big apples, 泛指。the big ones = the big apples, 特指。 40 21．—Could I ask you a rather personal question? —________ A．Yes, don’t worry． B．Of course, go ahead． C．Yes, help yourself． D．Of course, why not? 22． Teaching _______ child to cook will improve many of the skills that he or she will need later in _______ life． A．不填；the B．a；不填 C．a；the D．the；a 23．If your wages are small, they’ll be free ________ income tax． A．with B．about C．to D．of 24．Liu Dehua has set up a new record, that is, the sales of his last record ______ 100 million． A．have reached B．has reached C．are reaching D．is reaching
25．The seller would sell the skirt for fifty dollars, but the customer _______ only half the price. A．asked B．charged C．sold D．offered 26．—Why didn’t you try your best to get on the bus? —I tried to , but _______ I could, it started moving． A．until B．when C．before D．after 27．It is certain that he will ________ his father’s business when he is experienced enough． A．take over B．think over C．hand over D．go over 28．I hate _______ when young people speak to the elderly in a rude way． A．this B．that C．it D．one 29．Word comes that free souvenirs (纪念品) will be given to _______ comes first． A．no matter whom B．whomever C．no matter who D．whoever 30．_______ your savings so fast, or you’ll end up as a beggar． A．Stop to spend B．To stop to spend C．Stop spending D．Stopping spending 31．It was with great joy _______ he received the news that his best friend would come to Beijing． A．because B．which C．since D．that 32．Jane went off to the party with her husband, _______ a happy evening of wine, food and song． A．expected B．expecting C．to expect D．expects 33．—Excuse me．Is this the right way to the Summer Palace? —Sorry, I’m not sure．But it _______ be． A．might B．will C．must D．can 34．Shirley said that she would have a two-week holiday in July, ______ I think, is impossible． A．it B．that C．when D．which 35．Although she doesn’t like to live in the country, ______ , she goes there for a picnic． A．once upon a time B．some time C．once in a while D．from now on 参考答案 21-25BBDAD 26-30CACDC 31-35DBADC 41 21. He will _____ our class to sing at the school singing contest. A. take place of B. stand for C. represent D. representative of 22. The two boys fought and fought until one ______. A. gave up B. gave in C. gave D. gave off 23. Wang Mei is one of many Chinese teenagers _____ “on the go” A. who lives life B. who live life C. that lives living D. that live living 24. Who is it up ____ decide whether to go or not? A. to to B. to C. for to D. to for 25. Whenever I go to Beijing, ____ is quite frequent, I will go to visit the Great Wall. A. where B. which C. as it D. it 26. She said she would spend her holiday ___ Beijing. A. on B. at C. in D. for 27. She locked her room _____ a thief would break into it. A. in case that B. for fear that C. in case of D. for fear of 28. As far as I know, this man ____ risk anything than lose the ring for his wife. A. would rather B. had better C. preferred D. would like to 29. ___ nice, the food was sold out soon. A. Tasted B. Tasting C. To taste D. Being tasted
30. In my opinion, all Mr. White ___ good to his students in his class at present. He is very strict in their study. A. does does does B. does do do C. does does do D. did do does 31. We should think of ways to stop the waste from the factory _____ our living environment. A. being polluted B. polluting C. from being polluted D. polluted 32. Now there are many _____ in our company. A. woman doctor B. women doctor C. woman doctors D. women doctors 33. He waited until it was dark ____ nobody could see him clearly. A. so that B. in order to C. although D. however 34. When he knocked at the door, my mother was busy ____ supper. A. preparing for B. in preparing C. to prepare for D. to prepare 35. He was born ____ a very cold night _____ December. A. in; in B. In; of C. on; in D. on; of 答案：21—25 CBBAB 26—30 CBABC 31—35 BDABD 单项选择 21. C take place of 短语不完整，take the place of 意思是“代替…位置”； represent“作为… 的代表”； stand for“作为…的标志、符号等”。 22. B give up 放弃；give in 屈服，让步；give away 分发，发出；give off 发出。 23. B 确良 one of + 名词/ 代词接定语从句时， 先行词是前面的名词或代词， 而不是 one， 因此可排除选项 A、C；再根据 live 做及物动词时接 life 做同源宾语，故答案选 B。 24. A 该特殊疑问句可还原成：It is up to somebody to decide whether to go or not. 再就 somebody 进行提问，答案就一目了然了。 25. B 根据句子结构可知，非限制性定语从句说明前面的事情，故答案选 B。 26. C 表示在某地方时，用介词 in。故答案选 C。 27. B 根据句子结构，因介词 of 不能引导句子，从而排除 C、D；再看 in case that 强调 客观的一种可能性，而 for fear that 强调主观害怕的心理。故答案选 B。 28. A would rather do something than do something 和 prefer to do something than do something 都属于固定结构。应注意其搭配。 29. B nice 为形容词，故 taste 为连系动词，连系动词无被动形式，所以用现在分词表原 因状语。 30. C Mr. White does 为定语从句修饰 all。后面的 does do 是谓语动词的强调形式。 31. B 根据“废物”与“环境”的关系， “废物”污染“环境”， 为主动发出的动作， 故答案选 B。 32. D woman / man 修饰单数名词时用单数形式；修饰复数名词时用复数形式。故答案 选 D。 33. A 目的状语从句要用 in order that 或 so that 引导。 34. B “be busy (in)doing something” 忙于干谋士， 要求接动词的-ing 形式。 准备的直接宾 语是“supper”,故其前面不用介词 for。 35. D 特指某具体的一天、某天的上午、下午、晚上等都用介词 on；而某月的某天用介 词 of，故答案选 D。 42 21. This couple have strange habits. He’d like to sleep with the lamp burning and his wife with the window____. A. wide open B. widely open C. wide opened D. widely opened 22. It was _____ cold winter night,____ pale moon hung low in ____ sky. A. a; the ; a B. the; the; a C. a; a; the D. the; the; the 23. ---- I think this the sweater you need.
---- _______. A. I think I should be more careful B. I’m sorry I can’t take it C. But would you mind if I looked at some other sweaters before I try this on? D. No, I’d better go. 24. ---- My sister is a typist at a foreign firm. ---- I know this sort of work _____ skill and speed. A. asks for B. calls for C. looks for D. waits for 25. Mary can’t attend the party _____ at Tom’s house at present ______ at Jenny’s house tomorrow. A. being held; to be held B. to be held; held C. held; being held D. to be held; to be held 26. ---- Why didn’t you put your cellphone in your overcoat pocket? ---- I _____, but I was afraid it would be stolen. A. had put B. put C. would have D. could have 27. China has produced many great writers over the last ten years, ____ Mo Yan. A. among them was B. among whom was C. in which was D. among whom were 28. Jenney liked Fred ______ all the boys he was the most honest one. A. because B. because of C. as D. for that 29. ---- Did you see the movie last night? ---- No, I’d like _____, but I _____ too busy to go. A. to have; was B. to have; had been C. to go; am D. to; was 30. Thank you for the great trouble ____ help me with my computer. A. that you have taken to B. you have had to C. you paid and D. that you have made to 31. At this time tomorrow_____ over the Atlantic. A. we’re going to fly B. we’ll be flying C. we’ll fly D. we’re to fly 32. It _____ that John was ______ than any other student in his class. A. believe; less bright B. was believed; less bright C. believed; more bright D. was believed; more brighter 33. ---- Do you know that woman in blue? ---- Of course, she is kind and always _____ beautiful smiles on her face. A. having on B. wears C. put on D. dresses 34. ---- Do you think _____ seems to be any need for us to get there? ---- Yes, I think so. A. it B. this C. what D. there 35. ---- I really need to talk with you._______. ---- Certainly, what’s wrong? A. Where are you going? B. Can you spare me a few minutes? C. What shall I tell you? D. When are you free? Key: 21-25 ACCBA 26-30 CBBAA 31-35 BBBDB 43 21. ---- I haven’t found any money though I’ve searched the drawer bottom up. ---- Then, I’m afraid there is ______ left. A. nothing B. no one C. none D. neither 22. The novel “The Da Vinci Code” ______ a great success and was translated into 44 languages in 2004. A. appreciated B. enjoyed C. won D. seized 23. ______ is reported in the newspaper is that seventeen climbers have been killed in the snow
tsunami. A. It B. As C. What D. That 24. This is the small house less than 15 square meters, under ______ roof lives a large family of three generations. A. which B. that C. its D. whose 25. From the top of the building, you can see at least ______ distance of 100 kilometers on ______ clear day. A. a; the B. /; a C. the; a D. a; a 26. ---- Did you pass the driving test? ---- No. I ______ it, but I had little time practising. A. could have passed B. must have passed C. can’t have passed D. shouldn’t have passed 27. ---- Have you ever visited the Opera House? ---- Yes. When I was in Sydney, I ______ it twice. A. have visited B. visited C. had visited D. would visit 28. He once worked in a company, ______ he went abroad for further study. A. from which B. after that C. after which D. from this 29. I haven’t seen ________ Maggie since I came here. A. as lovely a girl as B. so a lovely girl as C. girl as lovely as D. as a lovely girl as 30. A cup of water you will feel better. A. or B. but C. so D. and 31. Take an umbrella when you go to Guangzhou because it rains _____ there. A. many times B. frequently C. over again D. enough 32. Let’s hope the fine weather ______ for Sunday’s camping trip. A. keeps up B. picks up C. carries on D. puts up 33. _______ two compositions to write, you have to work really hard this weekend. A. With B. Besides C. As for D. Because of 34. The fruit _______ fresh in his fruit stand sells well. A. looking B. looked C. look D. to be looked 35. To his disappointment, the opinion he had stuck ______ out wrong. A. to turn B. to turning C. to turned D. to be turned Keys: 21-25. CBCDD 26-30. ABCAD 31-35. BAAAC 44 21. -----Can I get you a cup of coffee? ---- ___________ . A. With pleasure. B. You can please. C. That’s very nice of you. D. Thank you for the coffee. 22. He was extremely successful in his _______ to write music that would please ordinary people. A. admiration B. ambition C. motivation D. reputation 23. Wang Lin is poor in English, ________ with Zhang Ying. A. it is the same B. as it is C. so is D. as is the case 24. His failure in last year’s exam led him _____ hard and I’m sure he is on the way ______ success. A. to work, leading to B. working, leading C. working, to lead to D. to work, leading soon. 25. ------Look at the black clouds. It
------Sure, if only we out. A. is raining; didn’t come B. is to rain; won’t start C. will rain; haven’t started D. is going to rain; hadn’t come 26. ------They don’t have much in their house yet. -----they’re planning to live here only until their daughter goes to college, they don’t want to buy much furniture. A. While B. Although C. Since D. As far as 27. ________ for money for drug, the crazy young man robbed the women passing the dark narrow lane. A. Be desperate B. Desperate C. Desperated D. Being desperated 28. The salaries of American judges are rather low ________ the allowance _______ to judicial officers in Europe. A. compared with; offering B. comparing with; offered C. in comparison to; offering D. in comparison with; offered 29. History ________ many cases ________ settlers moved into areas that belonged to other people. A. counts; in which B. count; that C. counts; which D. counting; in which 30. Hubei province is north of Hunan; Wuhan, its capital city, lies ________ the Changjiang River. A. to ; on B. in the; in C. 不填;on D. to the; in 31. Della turned all of her pockets inside out only to find $ 1.87 ________ buy Jim a present for Christmas. A. with what to B. with which she can C. in which to D. with which to 32. Whether we are out to set a new record ourselves or simply enjoy reading about champions, the Guinness Book of World Records ________ interesting reading. A. makes of B. makes from C. makes for D. makes into 33. Honesty is ________ he is born with. A. that B. which C. what D. when 34. The __________ question for him is to ________ whether bees could tell each other the exact position of a feeding place. A. remaining; find out B. remained; find out C. remaining; find D. remained; look for 35. the people have become masters of their own country that science can really serve the people. A. Only then B. It is only when C. Only when D. It is only then 答案 21~35 CBDAD/ CBDAC/ DCCAB