整体设计意图： 1、本着让学生自主学习，自我探究，归纳总结的思想，以简单开放的原则 设计教学过程； 2、用问题引导学生由易到难去探究、发现、总结规律及运用； 3、设计重点突出了教学过程中学生的学习活动过程，做到“全员、全程、 全力”参与学习活动，通过学习活动达到教学目的； 4、以学定教，根据学生的实际决定教学难度，以激发不同层次学生学习英 语的自信心。
Unit 5 First aid Periods 1 Warming up，Pre-reading and Reading
I. Teaching content and analysis: The First Aid For Burns
本单元以“急救”为中心话题，旨在通过单元教学，使学生了解相关的急救 知识，并能用所学的有关 first aid 的知识，根据不同情况提出急救措施，能牢固 地掌握构词法和省略句，能写急救措施。 Warming up 提供了六幅有关 first aid 的图片， 让学生用已有的知识和经验讨 论急救措施，激发学生学习急救的知识兴趣,树立安全意识。Reading 是关于烧伤 的急救方法。 文章用了小标题,使文章脉络明晰。通过阅读本文, 对如何处理烧伤 的知识一目了然,并使学生能在紧急情况时镇定自若地进行急救。 II. Teaching Goals and analysis: 1. Enable the Ss to get some first aid knowledge. 2. Enable the students to learn how to give their correct suggestions about first aid when others are in danger. 3. Let the Ss learn the reading skill of getting the main idea of each paragraph / part & each passage. 4. Learn to do teamwork, independent study and exploration. III. Teaching important points How to improve the Ss’ reading ability.
IV. Teaching difficult points 1. How to grasp the main idea of each paragraph / part & each passage. 2. How to help the Ss use what they’ve learnt to do first aid treatment for burns correctly. V. Teaching aids Computer, learning guider and PPT VI. Teaching procedures 1. Basic flow chart of teaching Learning goal →→ Lead-in →→ Summary 2. Teaching procedures I. Work before class 前置作业 设计意图:激发学生学习急救的知识兴趣,树立安全意识。 Task 1 What happened in and what should we do? (show the pictures in Warming up) Task 2 Preview the new words and finish the exercise on page 49, Bu bugao. II. Cooperation and inquiry 合作与探究 Step 1 Lead in 设计意图：通过图片引起“烧伤”话题, 让学生在课前讨论如何给烧伤做急救 ,使 学生自然地进入课文的学习。 Show the Ss the picture of Pre-reading on P33 and ask them the following questions: What has happened? What sort of injuries the child will have? What kind of first aid would you perform? Step 2 Team-work and Show 合作学习与展示 设计意图：让学生展示课前及上课学习成果，锻炼学习及表达能力，提升自信 心。在展示过程中教师根据学生的展示情况引导学生探究、思考阅读技巧，并 让学生在课堂活动过程中发现并解决个人的余留的问题。 Task 1 Prepare to show your work before class and in class together with your group members. Task 2 : Fast reading Let the Ss read the passage fast and then find out the answers to the questions 1. What’s the main idea of this passage?
→→ Cooperation and inquiry →→ Test for goals
2. What do they tell you about the passage? 3. Finish the exercise 1 in Comprehending. Task 2: Detailed reading 1). Tell if the following statements are True or False: 1. Our skin has three layers. 2. We will never get burned by the sun. 3. Burns are divided into three degrees according to the degree of pain. 4. Third degree burns are the most serious and painful. 5. Put cool water on any burns to cool them. 6. Don’t rub the burns 7. It’s better that you put some butter or oil on burns. 2). Finish the exercise on page 50, Bu bugao. Step 3 Test for goals 设计意图：检测学生阅读与概括的能力，加深学生对课文的映像。 Task 1: Read the text again and fill in the following blanks. Part1. The function of skin: your skin keeps you warm or cool; it prevents your body from losing too much water. Part2. Causes of burns: hot liquids, steam, fire, radiation, the sun, electricity, chemicals Part3. Types of burns: First degree burns, Second degree burns, Third degree burns Part4. Characteristics of burns 1. Blisters belong to second degree burns. 2. If you get the third degree burns you can see the tissue under your skin. Part5 First aid treatment 1.Take off other clothing and jewellery near the burn. 2.If burns are on arms or legs, keep them higher than the heart.
Task 2: Finish the exercise2、3、4 in Comprehending. Step 4 Summary 设计意图：学生小组讨论总结阅读技巧及文章中出现的重点词组，训练学生的 总结能力
Task1 你是如何运用阅读技巧读文章找答案的？ Task2 总结文章中出现的重点词组 学生展示自我总结成果，教师作补充 III. Work after class 设计意图： 结合高考特点巩固文章中出现的部分词组,设题分 A、 B、 C 三个层次， 以适应不同层次的学生选做。 Grade A 单项选择 ( B )1. This lady was so charming that he_______ at first sight. A. fell at her B. fell for her C. fell to her D. fell in her ( D)2. The accident cause some _______ to my car, but it’s nothing serious. A. harm B. injury C. ruin D. damage ( A )3. The landslide occurred at midnight, killing five people and_______ seven others______. A. leaving; injured B. leaving; injuring C. left; injured D. left; injuring ( B )4. The opening between the rocks was very narrow, but the boys managed to ________ through. A. press B. squeeze C. pass D. leap ( A )5. Interest is as _______ to learning as the ability to understand, even more so. A. vital B. available C. specific D. similar Grade B 根据提示完成下列短文 As everyone knows, the skin is 2 the (burn) due to our 3 1 （必不可少的） to us. Our skins can sometimes (粗心). Therefore, first aid shows its importance in 5 are caused by hot
4 （治疗） of burns. Generally speaking, burns,
liquids, fire, radiation and so on, can be divided into three types－first degree, second degree and third degree 6 (depend) on the 7 8 (受伤的) layers of the （stop）the burning 10
skin. To minor burns, cool water proves to be helpful in process and preventing or reducing pains. But to the doctor immediately. 答案：1. essential 2. be burned 3. carelessness 6. depending 7. injured 8. stopping 9. to/ for 9
severe burns, get the
Grade C 单句语法填空 1.____________( blood) is thicker than water. 2. We are collecting money __________aid of starving children. 3. The chemist carried out the experiment __________ the aid of his assistant. 4. “The atmosphere at work at the moment is quite_________( bear)”, many workers complained. 5. Mom likes putting everything_________ place, so that she can find it easily.
6. To pay for her son’s education, she has to work three-jobs a day, ________ she does street cleaning, babysitting and writing as well. 7. There are times_________ you have to act from the heart. 8. The electronic dictionary that I got____________(repair) the other day cost me much money. 9. Janet has worked in the manager ’s office for five years, ___________( deal) with letters and documents. Key: 1.Blood 7. when 2. in 3.with 4. unbearable 5. in 6. where
Period 2 Using language
I. Teaching content and analysis: Reading and discussing Heroic teenager receives award 这部分综合训练听说读写的能力。阅读和讨论部分是一个真实的故事,约翰· 詹森 和其它 9 人采取果断的急救措施，挽救了安斯莱德的生命。文章设置 4 个练习： 读者不仅可以通过本文学到如何对被刺伤的人实施急救,故事还歌颂了约翰· 詹森 的机智、勇敢和富于爱心。同时本文还表达了这样的主题: A simple knowledge of first aid can make a real difference. II. Teaching Goals and analysis: 1.Enable the students to describe the story: Heroic Teenager Receives Award. 2.Help the Ss learn how to describe the story in their own words. III. Teaching important points How to improve the Ss’ reading ability. IV. Teaching difficult points Help the Ss learn how to describe the story in their own words. V. Teaching aids Computer, learning guider and PPT VI. Teaching procedures 1. Basic flow chart of teaching Learning goal →→ Lead-in →→ Summary
→→ Cooperation and inquiry →→ Test for goals
2. Teaching procedures I. Work before class 前置作业 设计意图：让学生自读文章，感知文意。 Task 1: Fast reading Skimming the newspaper article and then finish the exercise1 on page 38 in your textbook. Task 2: Detailed reading Answer the following questions 1) What was John honored for? 2) What did John do when he heard the screaming? 3) What happened to Anne? 4) What saved Ms Slade’s life? 5) What first aid did John perform on Anne? What adjs would you use to describe John’s actions? Give at least three
II. Cooperation and inquiry 合作与探究 Step 1 Lead in 设计意图：让学生回顾 Reading 中所学的急救知识引入新的急救知识。 Write down what you have learned about first aid in Reading: Step 2 Team-work and Show 合作学习与展示 设计意图：让学生展示课前学习成果，锻炼学习及表达能力，提升自信心。在 展示过程中教师根据学生的展示情况引导学生探究、思考阅读技巧，让学生在 课堂活动过程中发现并解决个人的余留问题。 · Prepare to show your work before class together with your group members. 与小组成员一起合作学习， 探讨前置作业，注意运用阅读技巧。 Step 3 Test for goals 设计意图：检测学生对文章的灵活掌握程度。 Task 1: Discussion Divide the class into groups to discuss the issues in Ex. 4. Make the discussions more lively by encouraging the Ss to think of different scenarios such as: 1. Do you think John was silly or brave to get involved in the situation? Give reasons. 2. Would you have done the same as John? Give reasons.
3. Do you think it is worthwhile to take a course in first aid? Give reasons. 4. What would you do if the attacker had still been at the scene of the stabbing? 5. What would you do if the attacker had gone but had then returned to the woman? 6. What would you do if the woman had AIDS? 7. What would you do if John had performed first aid on the woman but she died anyway? How would he feel about having tried to help her? Task 2:Retell the story in your own words. Step 4 Summary 设计意图：学生小组讨论总结阅读技巧及文章中出现的重点词组，训练学生的 总结能力 Task1 你是如何运用阅读技巧读文章找答案的？ Task2 总结文章中出现的重点词组 学生展示自我总结成果，教师作补充 III. Work after class 设计意图：结合高考特点巩固文章中出现的部分词组。 Task 1: Fill in the blanks 1. A banquet will be held______ honour of the visiting president. 2. All the________( apply) shall go though the tests before they are admitted into this department. 3. I might speak French fluently if_________ (give) the chance to stay in France for some time. 4. However, it wasn’t until two days ago __________ Dad finally allowed me to drive on the motorway. 5. Despite all the public praise, national and international__________ (honour). Mother Teresa remained humble. Key: 1. in 2. applicants 3. given 4. that 5. honours Task 2: Correct the mistakes 1.The school was moved out of town as the number of students had grown too many. ( many 改为 large) 2.Your effort will surely make the difference to your future life. ( the 改为 a) Task 3: Writing
假如你是李华，在校广播站主持英语角节目。在消防日（11 月 9 日）到来之际，你决 定向同学们宣传当火灾发生时该如何科学应对的知识， 以使每个人都关注自身安全， 珍爱生 命。请根据下列提示，用英语写一篇短文，介绍在火灾中逃生的方法。 1. 首先拨打 119 报警电话，然后选择最快的逃生路线； 2. 逃生前应先用湿毛巾捂住口鼻，然后匍匐或弯腰迅速撤离；
3. 如果火势比较大而无法逃离，可以退入一个房间内， 用湿毛巾等将门缝封死， 防 治烟气进入，也可暂时利用房屋的阳台进行躲避，并设法向路人求救或等待消防人员到来。 要求：1.120 词左右 2.可适当增加细节，使行文流畅。
Period 3 Grammer
I. Teaching content and analysis: Ellipsis.
为了使语言简洁或避免重复，省略句中的一个或几个句子成分，这种语法现象 称为省略。 高中阶段省略句中主要包括五种基本成分的省略： 主语； 谓语或谓语的一部分； 宾语； 主语和谓语或主语和谓语的一部分； 不定式 to 后的动词。 高考常把省略句与时间状语从句、地点状语从句等的考查融合在一起，考查 考生综合把握语言知识的能力。 直接考题出现在语法填空和改错题中，阅读理解 及完形填空的语篇中也会出现。 II. Teaching Goals and analysis: 1. Get the students to learn and use the Ellipsis in groups. 2. Learn to do teamwork, independent study and exploration. 教学过程采用合作探究方式，以小组活动的形式达到学习目的。 III. Teaching important points Get the students to have a better understanding of the structures and usages of Ellipsis. IV. Teaching difficult points Enable the students to master the Ellipsis correctly. V. Teaching aids Computer, learning guider and PPT VI. Teaching procedures 1. Basic flow chart of teaching Learning goal →→ Lead-in →→ Summary
→→ Cooperation and inquiry →→ Test for goals
2. Teaching procedures I. Work before class 前置作业 设计意图：让学生回顾之前学习过的句子成分，并学习如何省略句子成分。 Task 1 a. Translate the following sentences. 1.请(你)进来。(You) Come in, please. 2.(你)要抽支烟吗？ （Will you） Have a smoke? 3.(有什么)我能为你效劳吗？（Is there）Anything I can do for you? 4.她虽年幼但她(很)勇敢。 She was young but (she was) brave. 5.他会回来的，可是他不知道什么时候(回来)。He will come back, but he doesn’t know when (he will come back). 6.(你)饿吗？(Are you) Hungry? 7. –李明去哪了？ –Where has Li Ming gone? –对不起，我不知道(他去哪了)。 – Sorry, I don’t know ( where he has gone) 8. –你愿意来参加聚会吗？ –Would you like to come to the party? –我愿意(来参加聚会)。 –I’d love to ( come to the party). b. Analysis these sentences and try to turn them into Ellipsis. c. Tell the structure of each sentence. Task 2 What can we Ellipsis in the sentences? Please give examples. 主要有 5 种成分： 主语； 谓语或谓语的一部分； 宾语； 主语和谓语或主语和谓语的一部分； 不定式 to 后的动词 II. Cooperation and inquiry 合作与探究 Step 1 Lead in 设计意图：让学生感知省略句的优点，从而引出省略句使用。 In groups, look at these pairs of sentences. Discuss the difference between A and B in each pair. Also discuss which is the better sentence, A or B and Why. ( page 37) Step 2 Team-work and Show 合作学习与展示 设计意图：让学生展示课前学习成果，锻炼学习及表达能力，提升自信心。鼓 励学生把省略不同成分的省略句都展示出来。在展示过程中学生自觉完善课前 没能掌握的内容，教师根据学生的展示情况引导学生探究、思考、完善学习内 容，让学生在课堂活动过程中发现并解决个人的余留问题。 Task 1: Prepare to show your work before class together with your group members. · Each group show one sentence and analysis it. Task 2:Rewrite these sentences taking out the unnecessary parts.
1. The burn that she got from the iron was red and ( it was )very painful 2. A boy was on the left side of the sick woman, and a girl was on the right (side of the sick woman.) 3. She has a daughter (who is) in hospital. 4. He went to the doctor because he had to go to( the doctor). 5. Did she pass the first aid test that she did yesterday (or didn’t she pass)? 6. She could not decide whether to send him to hospital or not (to send him to hospital). 7. When your nose is bleeding, you should bend forward so that the blood runs out of your nose and( the blood) doesn’t run down your throat. 8. Only some of the students have done a first aid course but most of the students haven’t (done a first aid course). Step 3 Test for goals 设计意图：检测并运用省略句，让学生明白该语法项目在试卷中怎么考。 Correct the mistakes 1. Nothing can keep me carrying out my plan. (me 后面加 from) 2. –Would you get me a bar of chocolate from the kitchen, dear? – Other one? (Other 改为 Another) 3. Although is small, the company has about 1000 buyers in over 30 countries. (去掉 is, 或在 is 前面加 it) 4. –What’s the matter with Della? – Well, her parents wouldn’t allow her to go to the party, but she still wants. (wants 后加 to) 5. If asking to look after luggage for someone else, inform the police at once. ( asking 改为 asked) Step 4 Summary 设计意图：学生自我讨论总结省略句用法。 Please summarize Ellipsis.
III. Work after class 设计意图：结合高考特点巩固省略句的用法。 1) –Tomorrow is a holiday. Why are you doing your homework? –I am doing these exercises now so that I won’t have _____ on Sunday. A. it B. them C. for D. to
2) –Shall I invite Ann to my birthday party tomorrow evening? –Yes. It’ll be fine if you______. A. are B. can C. invite D. do
3) –Aren’t you the manager?
–No, and I______ A. don’t want to B. don’t want to be C. don’t want be D. don’t want
4) – I’ll be away on a business trip. Would you mind looking after my cat? –Not at all______. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to
5)–Won’t you have another try? – ________. A. Yes, I will have B. Yes, I won’t have C. Yes, I won’t D. Yes, I will
6)–I won’t do it any more. –_______? A. Why not B. Why don’t do any more C. Why not do D. Why don’t
7)–Do you think it will snow tomorrow? –______? A.I don’t think B. No, I don’t think C. I don’t think so D. No, I don’t so
8)–Have you fed the cat? –No, but______. A. I’m B. I am C. I’m just going D. I’m just going to