体验 探究 合作 展示
长春市十一高中 2015-2016 学年度高一上学期期末考试 英 语 试 题
组题人：陶雪静 审题人：常香阁 2016.1.13
本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第 II 卷（非选择题）两部分。共 120 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 第Ⅰ卷 选择题（满分 74 分） 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。 每段对话后有一个小题， 从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下 一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. How did the woman get home? A. By bus. B. By plane. 2. What did the man do? A. He criticized Jane. B. He had a fight with Jane. C. He made the woman angry. 3. What are the two speakers mainly talking about? A. A jacket. B. A child. 4. What does the woman think of computer science? A. Easy. B. Difficult. 5. Who is the woman probably? A.A high school student. B. A college student.
C. By train.
C. A birthday party. C. Useful. C. A college teacher.
第二节 (共 15 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中选出最佳选项， 并标在试卷的相应位置。 听每段对话前， 你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后， 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。
6. How much will the man pay for the package? A. $2.50. B. $8.00. 7. When will the man’s package get to China? A. In one month. B. In two weeks.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。
C. $8.25. C. In one week.
8. What does the man next to the girl probably do? A. A computer engineer. B. An accountant. 9. What do we know about the office? A. It ’s very small. B. It ’s very comfortable.
C. A secretary.
C. It ’s next to a coffee bar.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。
10. How long will the man stay at the hotel? A. One night. B. Two nights. 11. Which telephone can the man use? A. The phone in the hall. B. The phone on the woman’s desk. C. The phone at the business center. 12. What do we know about the man? A. He will pay 60 dollars a night. B. He needs help with his luggage. C. He needs the service of a wake-up call.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。
C. Three nights.
13. For whom is the man choosing a present? A. Ann. B. The woman. C. His father. 14. What did the woman buy for her father last year? A. A tie. B. A phone. C. A computer. 15. Why does the woman want to buy a new watch for her dad this year? A. Her dad has no watch. B. Her dad’s watch walks fast. C. Her dad’s watch has stopped. 16. What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Buy a present online. B. Arrange a birthday party. C. Go to the mall with her.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。
17. Why did the two speakers go to the bank? A. To cash a check. B. To open an account. C. To change some money. 18. Who paid the taxi fare? A. The man’s friend. B. The man. C. The woman. 19. Why didn’t the man think he had left his wallet in the bank? A. He used it after leaving the bank. B. The teller had reminded him of it. C. He didn’t feel it slip out of his pocket. 20. Where did the man probably lose his wallet? A. In the coffee shop. B. In the bookshop. C. In the taxi company.
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共一节，满分 20 分) 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分,满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最 佳选项。
Late one night, a thief crept(爬) into a wealthy merchant’s house. He was a young thief, without experience. In fact, this was his first professional（职业的专业的） 21 . So he had 22 everything carefully. All went quite well at first. He found, as he 23 , an unlocked window and got into the room easily. But, stepping his way through the 24 room, he stubbed (碰到) his 25 against a table leg. Choking (抑制) back a cry of pain, afraid of waking the merchant, he hit 26 on the forehead and called himself a fool. He had 27 to bring a light. In the darkness, 28 , he was able to see an oil lamp on the table, and lit it, then he gave a 29 of relief. As he 30 the lamp, a small spider came out from under its 31 . “Thank you for saving my life,” said the spider. “Before he went to bed, the merchant set this lamp down on top of me so I couldn’t escape. If you hadn’t come along, I wouldn’t have 32 the night; 33 , I’ve had such an uncomfortable situation for a long time.” “You have saved a life and shown compassion (同情),” the spider went on, 34 the impatient thief said he had not 35 to do so. “ 36 yet, you have done so without the 37 thought or hope of reward. You have gained more merits (优点) than you could possibly imagine.” “But you’re only a spider,” said the thief. “And you’re only a man.” said the spider. “My dear thief, when you understand that 38 is life, whether on eight legs or 39 , you will have understood much. Your deed, 40 , has got rid of the bad things from your heart. Go from here with a fresh spirit. And good luck to you.” The thief did so and never thought to steal again. 21．A. job B. finding C. mistake D. appearance 22．A. planned B. imagined C. managed D. explained 23．A. remembered B. expected C. reminded D. meant 24．A. dull B. dark C. sitting D. terrible 25．A. head B. shoulder C. toe D. hand 26．A.it B. him C. himself D. itself 27．A. remembered B. forgotten C. avoid D. happened 28．A. however B. but C. so D. therefore 29．A. cry B. applause C. sigh D. laugh 30．A. set down B. turned over C. woke up D. picked up 31．A. base B. cap C. cover D. foot 32．A. wasted B. lasted C. hated D. worried 33．A. however B. anyhow C. indeed D. entirely 34．A. although B. so C. as if D. so that 35．A. said B. led C. cared D. meant 36．A. Better B. Worse C. Natural D. Lucky 37．A. hopeful B. least C. most D. ordinary 38．A. man B. spider C. chance D. life 39．A. two B. three C. a dozen D. a hundred
40．A. in return
B. at last
C. in any case
D. at once
第三部分 阅读理解（共两节,满分 34 分） 第一节(共 12 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 24 分) 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。
A I was driving home the other day on a sunny afternoon. I had a smile on my face as I sang along to the songs on the radio. It was such a beautiful day that I felt full of happiness. My good mood ended, however, when the radio station took a news break between songs. Then suddenly I found myself listening to another story of a rich famous man who had broken the law. I shook my head as I came to a red traffic light. As I pulled to a stop, I noticed four leather-jacketed bikers. They were standing in the middle of the road with two on either side of the light. They looked rough and dangerous, but as I got closer I noticed each one was holding their helmet(头盔) in their hands. I rolled down my window as one came up to my car. “We are the Brother of the Wheel，” he said. “We are collecting money for Christmas Toy Drive for needy children.” As I pulled a dollar out of my wallet I looked past his beard and into his eyes. They shined with goodness and kindness that came right from his soul. I dropped the money in his helmet and waved to the other bikers as I drove off. My good mood had returned. My faith in mankind had been bolstered. And I remembered once again never to judge people by their appearance. Our society often judges books by their covers but God reads what is written in our hearts and souls. Perhaps one day we will all learn to see the world through the same eyes. Perhaps one day we will realize that looks matter little and actions matter much. 41. What were the four bikers doing at the traffic lights? A. Having a bicycle race in the street. B. Selling helmets to the passers-by. C. Preparing for Christmas holidays. D. Raising money to help kids in need. 42. What does “bolstered” in the second paragraph probably mean? A. Destroyed B. Exploded C. Improved D. Reduced 43. The writer wants to tell us that we should ________. A. judge others by their actions B. have faith in young people C. change our attitude to society D. manage to help others in need B King's College Summer School is an annual (每年的) training program for high school students at all levels who want to improve their English. Courses are given by the teachers of King's College and other colleges in New York. Trips to museums and culture centers are also organized. This year's summer school will be from July 25 to August 15. More information is as follows:
Application (申请) date ●Students in New York should send their applications before July 18, 2007. ●Students of other cities should send their applications before July 16, 2007. ●Foreign students should send their applications before July 10, 2007. Courses ●English Language Spoken English: 22 hours Reading and Writing: 10 hours ●American History: 16 hours ●American Culture: 16 hours Steps ●A letter of self-introduction ●A letter of recommendation (推荐) ﹡The letters should be written in English with all the necessary information. Cost ●Daily lessons: $200 ●Sports and activities: $100 ●Travels: $200 ●Hotel service: $400 ﹡You may choose to live with your friends or relatives in the same city. Please write to: Thompson, Sanders 1026 King' s Street New York, NY 10016, USA E-mail: KC-Summer-School@yahoo.com 44. You can most probably read the text in ________. A. a textbook B. a newspaper C. a travel guide D. a science report 45. Which of the following is true about King's College Summer School? A. Only top students can take part in the program. B. Only the teachers of King' s College give courses. C. King' s College Summer School is run every other year. D. Visits to museums and culture centers are part of the program. 46. If you are to live with your relatives in New York, you will have to pay the school ________. A. $200 B. $400 C. $500 D. $900 C The mother of the 13-year-old Dutch girl Laura Dekker, whose plans to make a solo(单独的) sailing trip around the world have recently made world headlines, has spoken out against the trip. “It breaks my heart to think that because of this I could lose contact with my daughter,” she said in an interview. “I have never before made such a difficult decision. But I must accept the consequences. I would rather have a
live daughter who I will never see again than a dead daughter.” It is the first time that Laura’s mother, Babs Muller, has spoken out against the trip. Laura’s parents are divorced and the girl has lived with her father since she was six. Her father Dick Dekker supports Laura’s plans. However, the Dutch Child Protection Board has decided to place the girl under supervision (监督) for two months to find out whether she is mentally and physically able to take the journey. Ms Muller says she is confident that Laura is technically capable of making the journey. “She can sail like the devil. That’s not the problem.” However, she is afraid of the problems a 13-year-old girl can meet in the harbors of Third-World countries and of the psychological (心理上的) pressure of being alone for such a long period on the ocean. “The most important thing, in my eyes, is that she is not yet an adult.” Ms Muller says she told Laura once before that she was against the idea. Her daughter replied, “If you forbid me, you will have ruined my entire life. Then I’ll never want to see you again.” However, Laura’s mother says that reports that a camera team is planning to follow her around the world could change her opinion about the trip. 47. Laura Dekker’s plans to sail solo around the world _________. A. made her father unhappy B. made her parents divorce C. have attracted wide attention D. were difficult decisions to make 48. We can learn that the Dutch Child Protection Board _________. A. cares about Laura’s safety B. doesn’t believe in Laura at all C. will train Laura for two months D. will help Laura realize her dream 49. It can be inferred that Laura Dekker and her mother_________. A. might have a quarrel. B. have reached an agreement. C. have lost touch with each other. D. are angry with Dick Dekker. D A recent report found 46% of parents agreed that their child knew more about the Internet than they did. And now new research shows parents are turning to their children for lessons in technology. The new study of around 1,000 parents showed that 67% of parents have asked their teenager children for technology-related advice. 44% have asked their teenager for help using the Internet, and 41% have received teen advice about how to use the TV or home entertainment system. Ahad Surooprajally, a father of five children, says his children help him with technology in the home. “They’ve grown up surrounded by technology,” he explains. “We have four computers and four iPads in our house. If I want to know something technical they're the ones I go to.” He says his nine-year-old son Habeeb is the only person in the house who really
understands the TV. So he tells Habeeb which film he wants to watch and Habeeb connects his mobile phone to the TV. “You teach your kids everyday life lessons, but the tables are turned when it comes to technology,” says Ahad. As well as learning how to use technology properly, there is another advantage of parents asking their children to help them understand the digital world. They may be able to get a better understanding of what their kids are doing online. Will Gardner of the charity Childnet International says, “We have to continuously encourage parents to find out more about what their children are doing online. If the kids are using a social networking site, get them to show you around it if you are not using it already.” 50. What do we know about the new study? A. Few parents trust their children to give them advice. B. About half of the parents have no idea how to use a computer. C. Most teenagers know more about the Internet than their parents. D. Over two-thirds of parents turned to their teenagers on tech matters. 51. What does the underlined part “the tables are turned” probably mean? A. The duty is carried out. B. The situation is changed. C. The pleasure will increase. D. The difficulty becomes less. 52. Which of the following can be the best title for the text? A. Internet: Open to our kids too early B. Children: Parents' technology advisors C. Parents: Confused by new technology D. Technology: Challenge for everyone
第二节(共 5 小题; 每小题 2 分, 满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。
Any car accident is frightening, but an accident in which your vehicle is thrown into the water, with you trapped inside, is absolutely(绝对地) terrifying. 53 . However, most deaths result from fear, without a plan or understanding what is happening to the car in the water. By adopting a brace( 支撑) position, acting decisively and getting out fast, you can save yourself from a sinking vehicle. Brace yourself for impact (撞击力). As soon as you're aware that you're going off the road and into a body of water, adopt a brace position. The impact could set off the airbag system in your vehicle, so you should place both hands on the steering wheel(方向盘) in the "ten and two" position. Undo your seatbelt. 54 . Release the children, starting with the oldest first. Forget the cell phone call. Your car isn't going to wait for you to make the call. 55 . Leave the door alone at this stage and concentrate on the window. A car's electrical system should work for up to three minutes in water, so try the method of opening it electronically first. Many people don't think about the window as an escape choice either because of fear or misinformation about doors and sinking. Break the window. If you aren't able to open the window, or it only opens halfway, you'll need to break it with an object or your foot. It may feel counter-intuitive (有悖
常理的) to let water into the car. 56 . Escape when the car has equalized. If it has reached the stage where the car has been filled with water and it has become balanced, you must move quickly and effectively to ensure your survival. 57 . While there is still air in the car, take slow, deep breaths and focus on what you're doing. A. Open the window as soon as you hit the water. B. This is the first thing to do, yet it often gets forgotten. C. Surviving a sinking car is not as difficult as you think. D. In short, if you know what to do in the water, you will be safe. E. It takes 60 to 120 seconds for a car to be filled with water usually. F. Such accidents are particularly dangerous to the risk of drowning(淹死). G. But the sooner the window is open, the sooner you can escape directly through it. 第 II 卷 非选择题题（满分 46 分）
第四部分 写作（共四节，满分 46 分） 第一节 单词拼写（共 11 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 11 分） 请根据句子意思在空白处填写单词，每空一词，注意词形变化。
58. It is known to us all that sea water_________(包含)salt. 59. China is a developing country _________(属于) to the third world. 60. I would really_________(感激) it if you could turn the radio down. 61. The dog waited _________ (充满希望地) beside the table for some food. 62. _________(个人而言), I think he is dishonest, but many people trust him. 63. I bought the overcoat at 20 dollars yesterday so it is a real _________(便宜货). 64. Spielberg is one of the most_________(有力的) directors in Hollywood . 65. Yesterday 15 teachers joined the High Quality Teaching _________ (竞赛). 66. You must watch traffic_________(信号) while driving, or you may have an accident. 67. Our classroom, which was _________(装饰) with balloons and lights, looked really fantastic and pretty. 68.The reason why she is popular in her company is that she is always _________(慷 慨的)with her time and money.
第二节 单句改错 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面每个句子都只有一处语言错误。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。多改 或不按格式要求改不得分。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（?） ，并在其下面写出该词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。
69. With time went by, I was made smaller. 70. Mary has devoted herself to help the poor. 71. My parents always make me feel well about myself.
72. We are not sure when the universe was came into being. 73. Tom is in the charge of the company when the boss is away. 74. There is no doubt whether Zhu Zhiwen is a great farmer singer. 75. My name is Pausanias. I lived what you call “Ancient Greece”. 76. In recent years, a lot of traffic problems have arose in big cities. 77. Lots of soldiers have been sent to the forest in search for the missing kid. 78. The aging population in China will have a great affect on the whole society.
第三节 完成句子 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 阅读下列各小题，根据汉语提示,在空格上填入恰当的词，使句子完整。
79. 不管发生什么事，不要泄气。 No matter what happens, please don’t ________ _______. 80. 众所周知，橄榄枝象征和平。 As we all know, an olive wreath _______ __________ peace. 81. 一听到这个滑稽的故事， 他们都放声大笑。 On hearing the funny story, they all _______ _______ __________. 82.《谁动了我的奶酪》这本书非常值得读。 The book, Who Moved My Cheese, is _______ _______ __________. 83. 领导们对汤姆为公司所做的贡献进行了高度评价。 The leaders _______ _______ __________ what Tom had done for the company. 84. 在邻居的帮助下， 我们很快适应了这儿的生活。 _______ _______ __________ ________ our neighbour, we have quickly got used to the life here. 85. 如果我们什么都不做，将会有更多的物种处于灭绝的危险。 If we don’t do anything, there will be more species which are _______ _______
__________ ________ _______
86. 我考试又没及格，只有在那时我才意识到我浪费了多少时间。 I failed again in the exam and only then _______ _______ __________ how much time had been wasted. 87. 只有达到他们各自项目统一标准的运动员才会被接受成为参赛者。 Only athletes who have reached the agreed standard for their event __________ _______ __________as competitors. 88. 随着时间的推移，我的记忆力发展得如此之快，就像一头大象一样，我从 来不会忘记我被告知的那些事情。 Over time my memory has developed so much that, like an elephant, I never forget anything_______ _______ __________ ________.
第四节 书面表达 (满分 15 分)
给二十一世纪英语报写一封信，介绍不同观点，并发表自己的看法。 要点包括： 1.赞成:下载资料、分享经验、听歌、看电影 2.反对:浪费时间精力、沉迷游戏、聊天 3.你的观点 注意： 1. 词数 100 左右； 2．可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3．信的开头结尾已为你写好，不计入总词数。 参考词汇： 沉迷：be addicted to Dear Editor， Last week, our class had a discussion about ___________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ Yours， Li Hua
2015-2016 高一上学期期末考试英语答案 客观卷：1-20 CBAAB BCABB CCAAB CACAB 21-40 DABBC CBACD ABCAD ABDAC 41-57 DCA BDC CAA DBB FBAGE 主观卷： 58-68 contains belonging appreciate hopefully Personally bargain powerful Competition signals decorated generous 69 With 改为 As/ went 改为 going 70 helping 71 well 改为 good 72 去掉 was 73 去掉 the 74 whether 改为 that 75 live 后加 in 76 arose 改为 arisen 77 for 改为 of 78 affect 改为 effect 79 lose heart 80 stands for 81 burst into laughter/ burst out laughing 82 well worth reading 83 thought/spoke highly/well of 84 with the help of 85 in danger of dying out 86 did I realize 87 will be admitted 88 I have been told/that I’ve been told 写作： Dear Editor, Last week, our class had a discussion about whether high school students should use the Internet to learn English. We held different views about it. Some people agree with the idea, saying that they can download the latest English information from the Internet. What’s more, they cannot only share their experience of learning English with others, but also watch English films and listen to English songs. However, others who are against say that it is a waste of time and energy. Besides, it is easy for the students to be addicted to the online games or chatting with others rather than learning English. In my opinion, we can benefit a lot with the Internet if we can use it properly in learning English. Yours, Li Hua